Tribemeet UK 2022 - How to be there by proxy…..

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Pandemics & Trolls!
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Evening Yakkers,

I know there’s a lot of you out there that can’t make the event it being in a different country, too expensive, the wrong date, attended by the Clone etc etc and it got me thinking how could “you” be there?

So how about you make, build and paint a 28mm representative? That can travel via cheaper snail air mail to Newark?

We’ll then take photos of them around the venue and tables and judge the best one who can win some kind of prize? Who knows if we get enough they could be used in peoples gangs as free hired scum. I’d say it’d have to be a one way trip just due to logistics but I’m sure we could sort even that if people didn’t like that idea.

It’s just a very rough thought at the moment and I’m just trying to gauge if there would be any interest? @CaptainDangerous this is more your people facing territory than the Troll 🤣😉

Love the Troll

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Although a clone promise is only slightly less unreliable than a troll one, I would definately make sure any minis sent would be well photographed and post here!
It would be absolutely awesome tho if any yaks do take the leap of faith and send a hired gun for attending yaks to employ!

Special mention straight away should go to the extremely talented and generous yaks @Kommissar Shriken and @KungFuPanda , I can’t imagine a tribemeet without their minis being there!

8F04F8CF-197C-48BC-9AE4-4B8FE344FFAD.jpeg
F6CDF5A2-672B-4CDC-8541-A356069BDC0E.jpeg
59B3BB8C-74AC-4248-96B1-C4647E57D1A1.jpeg
74B98C39-1AF7-4D0C-8356-88AF24DE8697.jpeg
CE4BA8FB-2381-4AA3-B40C-3A70D45DCCCA.jpeg
7C8B1072-71DA-4A02-B9A6-D56E17B9F2F2.jpeg

MedMos

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Ok, a few questions...

1) In the info about the event it says "pit slave fighter" that follows your gang around, free of charge. Is that a regular Pit Slave or a Pit Fighter (1 pit slave weapon or 2)?
2) This is also the guy that'll fight in the Thundercube, I assume?
3) I'm guessing everyone will bring their own free pit slave/fighter, so a generic hired gun would probably be more useful in the grand scheme of things? Just because, if I do send something I'd like it to be useful in some (small) way.

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
1 & 2) It's a THUNDERCUBE fighter - Rules Here.

During Cube matches they fight as full on THUNDERCUBE fighters - combat monsters with lots of delicous starting upgrades and skills. Outside the Cube they fight as regular pitslaves as their Inhibitor Chips are active. Some say this is for "safety" - more cynical people say this is because you can't have the most violent fighting happening outside the Cube where it can't be monetized. Why would you want "witnesses" and "victims" when you could have PAYING FANS and COLLATERAL DAMAGE!

3) Contributions to the Hired Gun Pool are always useful.

Last edited:

MedMos

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Thanks, @Stoof! That is very helpful, I never realised there were special rules for the fighters too, although how I didn't figure that out must be attributed to some sort of severe brain malfunction... Got some reading to do, bye!

Reactions: Stoof

Mr. M

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Aug 1, 2019
San Jose, CA
I thought I would be too busy. I thought there was no way I was going to make this happen. I thought wrong...

---Notice to all Tribemeet 2022 attendees! Mr. M is hereby sponsoring a deplorable, degenerate, and thoroughly despicable scummer to represent his interests at the Tribemeet - introducing Mr. Mangler! Straight from the pollution-choked and lightly-irradiated west coast hive of Sumpifornia, Mr. Mangler is eager to set boot in Old Blighty to begin the slow roast and quick dismemberment of anyone his paymasters deem undesirable. He has strict instructions from his benefactor to adhere to a non-negotiable "scorch and sever" policy for all two legged vermin who aren't fast enough to out run him.---

Still a work-in-progress, but got the kitbashing done and am almost done with painting the skin. Already got the color schemes worked out for the rest too! If there are no objections, I'll use this thread for updates and to push myself to the finish line in time to ship!

Mr. M

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Aug 1, 2019
San Jose, CA
It has been a few days, but Mr. Mangler is one step closer to completion! I finished the copper NMM armor! This was the first time -ever- that I tried to paint NMM of any kind, so there is definitely room for improvement... but I'm very happy with how it turned out. Oh, and that rumor about how "NMM looks better in photos than it does in person" is probably true! :LOL:

Hawkins44

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Hmmm... Travelling abroad to attend is impossible for more reasons than it is possible, but I thought I could send a mini.

You guys surely need some security person, right? To watch and deal with drunken brawls and petty thievery, right? I thing some eager Deputized Hive Scum guy or gal would be ideal for this task, right? With properly polished shoes, sharp uniform, well-oiled gun, and fancy hat, right?

Mr. M

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Aug 1, 2019
San Jose, CA
Pants - done! Leather straps - done! NMM steel chains, manacles, flamer harness, weird pillory thing on his neck - DONE (well, might have to correct the chainsword teeth)...

The last major parts to paint are the weapons, and I could use some advice on color choice... I was originally thinking about doing red weapon casings on both the chainsword and flamer, but now I think it wouldn't look good. Maybe a red that matches his coat would work? Some collective wisdom from the Tribe would be most welcome!