Necromunda TribeMeet2019UK - NCE

MancInventor

Gang Champion
Apr 6, 2017
Peterborough
Am I reading this right - you're not sure what Mrs spafe being "not happy" means?
Can't help you there but it'll probably cost you..
I think what my good friend @spafe was referring to is he doesn’t yet know what it means to be on the red team or the blue team........ I mean if you’ve got red wax or blue wax......:coffee:

Reactions: spafe

undertaker

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Oct 21, 2016
Nottingham
I opened mine and all it said was that I'd won a free tour of Wonky Willie's Chocolate Factory including as much candy as I could possibly eat on the day. All I needed to do was turn up to the specified address at the end of the cycle. No need to bring weapons, as the factory security is ample. It has to be, for all the delicious chocolate within, manufactured from premium-grade corpse starch. They say a little bit of old Willie goes into every bar.

Galtarr

Gang Champion
Mar 1, 2017
Apologies if this isn't the right place for this. Looking at Ash waste Vs Hive gangs, am I right in saying there's not much point dabbling in vehicles? Either you need sufficient to be competitive on an ash waste board or just concentrate on Hive gang for hive boards. As there is no vehicular involvement on hive boards?

Reactions: Stoof

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
It's up to you. On the weekend there will only be two Ash Wastes boards, and nobody is forcing you to be involved with them.

If you want to be purely Hive then that's absoltely fine. You will not get anything for your starting 300 scrap in this case, it's simply lost.

Vehiclular stuff was good fun last time (albeit the AWV rules were very, very clunky - hence the choice to drop them in favor of a slightly modified version of @Blood Donor's rules). There will be spare vehicles available if you don't want to physically build any but still want to take part.

If someone goes whole hog spending credits on vehicles it is quite likely to go badly wrong for them - they will be at a severe disadvantage on Hive boards and are likely to quickly find themselves unable to maintain their vehicles after a couple of games. It's pretty much self-regulating in that regard.

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
If someone goes whole hog spending credits on vehicles it is quite likely to go badly wrong for them - they will be at a severe disadvantage on Hive boards and are likely to quickly find themselves unable to maintain their vehicles after a couple of games. It's pretty much self-regulating in that regard.
challenge... accepted

Reactions: DarkNwss and Stoof

MancInventor

Gang Champion
Apr 6, 2017
Peterborough
@Galtarr Vehicles are there purely to have fun with and add a bit of variety for the weekend. Whilst in campaign gang rating terms there isn't much value in spending a huge amount of your creds buying scrap, a hundred creds or so will be caught up quickly and easily with underdog/giant killer bonuses etc plus it means if you do end up on a 'wastes board you're not going to be horribly outgunned. We can't emphasise enough, the vehicles are entirely voluntary, but when you see the quality of the 'wastes boards (the committee will attest to how amazing they look) and the great fun and mayhem that will be going on on them, you're going to wish you'd have at least taken your 'free' 300 scrap and bought a truck and/or some bikes. Anyone seen the new 40k Genestealer Cults stuff by the way..........:coffee:

DarkNwss

Ganger
Aug 21, 2016
Reading, UK
If its any help at all I'm probably looking at being a good couple hundred under 1000 creds at gang start purely cos I'm putting everything I can on my Trakk for my Goliaths, I get the feeling I may not be the only one.....

Galtarr

Gang Champion
Mar 1, 2017
@Galtarr when you see the quality of the 'wastes boards (the committee will attest to how amazing they look) and the great fun and mayhem that will be going on on them, you're going to wish you'd have at least taken your 'free' 300 scrap and bought a truck and/or some bikes. Anyone seen the new 40k Genestealer Cults stuff by the way..........:coffee:
Cool, that's helpful, I had an idea of how I might use the 'free' 300 scrap, guess I'll go with it (provided I've spare time after painting the gang) just didn't want to hinder my gang due to half baked side project as it were.

MancInventor

Gang Champion
Apr 6, 2017
Peterborough
UPDATE
Manufacture of Dice and T-Shirts are complete and they are currently winging their way through the ether to me right now. If Royal Mail does it's stuff, I should be able to post the remaining pledge rewards this weekend meaning we have met our target for fulfilment by March 19! Yay committee!

Those that have ordered dice and/or T-shirts that are attending the event, please DM me if you have any violent objections to receiving your remaining rewards at the Tribemeet event rather than through the post and I shall endeavour to get these posted to you. Don't mean to play the guilt card but we've blown the budget on your gorgeous campaign books, pencils, prizes and other paraphernalia so any additional postage will be coming directly from my pocket! I'm happy to do it though if you really, really need your Yak Dice and T-shirts (I wouldn't blame you, I can't wait either!), @Yaksam doesn't need feeding anyway :ROFLMAO:

In other news:
THUNDERCUBE!!! version 4.0 is now live in the Vault. Please check out the cool new additions and please may I say a massive thanks to those who sat down with me after playing last year and provided valuable feedback and suggestions for improvements (I'm sorry, it was so long ago I can't actually remember who that was!). You can find the rulebook here:
https://yaktribe.games/community/vault/thundercube.840/
If you haven't played this before, I encourage you to print off a copy of the rules and have a crack - it's a top, top laugh ands I'm sure anyone who attended Tribemeet last year will attest to, really good fun. The rules aren't as unwieldy as they look and you can have quick 5 player battles in not time at all!

Speaking of the THUNDERCUBE, a quick glance over the joyous photos from last year's event and you will see the pictures of the Grand Final on every thread, the highlight of the weekend with everyone packing the stadium with their models as the finalists battle it out to be crowned the grand champion and earn the right to have their name permanently etched on the wall of the THUNDERCUBE!!! itself. This is massively helped by the number of models people bring along to the weekend, so if you don't mind, please bring any extra Underhivey type minis to make this one the biggest ever!

Hopefully the next update should be early next week where I can happily say everything is done and thanking everyone involved in making this possible. Then I only have the task of fully finishing my game board with an all new, fully refurbished THUNDERCUBE!!! In time for its debut at Tribemeet. State of play: 4 panels done, 12 more to go. Oh, and I need to finish painting my Orlock gang. And a Preacher. And 6 zombies. (Gulp)

MancInventor

Gang Champion
Apr 6, 2017
Peterborough
UPDATE:
Look what the postman brought......
Hardcore Yak T shirt, fabulously modelled by the effervescent @Yaksam

Those sweet, sweet Yakdice!

If you’ve ordered stuff and are not attending tribemeet, these will be in the post on Saturday. If you are attending and you’ve ordered T- shirts/dice I will have them waiting for you on arrival.

Kickstarter? Completed it!