Necromunda TribeMeet2019UK - NCE

Discussion in 'Musings Of The Yak' started by ClockworkOrange, Sep 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ClockworkOrange

ClockworkOrange Executive Officer in charge of Trolling
    Staff Member Tribe Council Yak Comp 1st Place

2. Punktaku

Punktaku Un-Dis-Honored
    Honored Tribesman

3. MancInventor

MancInventor Ganger

Only 21 days to find out...........

Biggle_Bear likes this.
  4. oddball300

oddball300 Gang Hero

as the plot thickens and the world turns

Biggle_Bear likes this.
  5. Punktaku

Punktaku Un-Dis-Honored
    Honored Tribesman

Speculation

The next Yakday Grand Champion wins a set of Yakdice, an official Yaktribe GC jacket with patches, and a coupon for a Yakbap. Plus they get to choose who they'll create for in the 2019 Secret Santa exchange.

Biggle_Bear and MancInventor like this.
  6. Blood Donor

Blood Donor Executive Officer in Charge of the 2014 Bake Sale
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Yak Philanthropist

I think so. The real treat I was privvy to was visiting a young French Canadian friend in the rural outskirts on the south shore of the St Lawrence near Quebec City where she was from, and when we arrived at her family's sugar shack, her elderly Grandmother opened the big vat of reducing sap water (which gets sweeter as it thickens) and ladelled us each some piping hot maple sap water over vodka... at like 10:30am. Ate the most delicious sort of French Canadian lunch (tortierre, mac and cheese, etc.) after... the kind that Martin Picard of The Wild Chef would stand for.

But that hot maple vodka. Hawt lawdy. I also worked at a Memphis style BBQ pit for a year or two and we had a glaze spray for the brisket and pork shoulder while it was in the smoker to caramelize the outside of the meat and create that real sought after crispy bark on the outside. The spray bottle was full of equal parts Jack Daniels, maple syrup, and apple juice. It was like the Simpsons episode where Homer imagines the car fueled by alcohol: equal parts of the apple maple jack would go into the cook's coffee while on shift...

7. Blood Donor

...also I will have to attend a proper UK Tribemeet for research purposes on how to host a real beauty of a Tribemeet here :D:cool:(y)

8. oddball300

oddball300 Gang Hero

@Blood Donor that sounds like proper death my friend and a glorious way to die where do I sign up ( the Canadian bot and Memphis bit?) Never had Memphis bbq. I'm from st. Louis. So I know what's up on some bbq my man also lived in ga and al for a hot min. So that's what's up. Lol

Blood Donor and MancInventor like this.
  9. Blood Donor

I believe Memphis has some of the slow cooked and dry rub styles of Texas but combines that with striving for the more sauce basted succulence of something closer to St Louis by being very marinated cuts of meats. The briskets were brined for like 3 days to soak in a bunch of flavour and gain a lot of liquid mass, and then while it was in the smoker for like 28 hours we would inject it with a syringe of more of that apple maple jack so that it could just baste in juices from the inside while that caramelized bark on the outside helps hold it all in. The meat gets real fluffy and juicy.

I am quite envious of your geographic location in the heart of such good American BBQ. It was a bit of a shitty job as far as working like 3pm-3am, being understaffed and being a 23 year old shit head chainsmoking cigarettes and drinking too many beer every night. But taking home free racks of ribs every night was blissful.

Anyways it is all really the same spread of BBQ processes for preparing rat, spider, and worm meat in the more southern clusters of the underhive domes, so all this BBQ talk is completely poignant to Necromunda and therefore just adds to the plot thickening of day 21 :)

10. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place

So we'll see you there right? RIGHT?!?!

Blood Donor likes this.
  11. ClockworkOrange

12. ClockworkOrange

13. oddball300

oddball300 Gang Hero

Mmm seems like a preacher is a coming to spread the faith.

MancInventor likes this.
  14. MancInventor

MancInventor Ganger

Is he spreading the faith? Or looking for something.........or someone.......... Bringing deliverance, or retribution? “And lo, there was light and he saw it was....heresy.” He could be lost too I suppose. Hmmm.

spafe likes this.
  15. oddball300

oddball300 Gang Hero

Well you skeeter at 711 got the best directions in the hive so he won't be lost for long. Lol.

16. ClockworkOrange

17. oddball300

oddball300 Gang Hero

Hmm maybe I need a horse with no name or just ride on a pale horse... You know just to get out of the rain

MancInventor, Azzabat and spafe like this.
  18. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place

ah man... I'm getting such a kick out of seeing what things you all come up with... this is awesome seeing the theories all being brainstormed here

MancInventor and ClockworkOrange like this.
  19. oddball300

oddball300 Gang Hero

Hey I'm just the peanut gallery with puns and bad jokes @spafe im trying to make it to the 2019 meet

MancInventor and spafe like this.
  20. Punktaku

Punktaku Un-Dis-Honored
    Honored Tribesman

I just like to make stuff up.

MancInventor likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice