Necromunda Tulkas' plog

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
Right changed the name of this topic a few times, but in the end I figured it might be of more use if I just create one thread for all the goodness, than constantly throw stuff around. You know, along the lines of
"One thread the show them all, one thread to find them. One thread to bring them all and on the forums bind them. On Yakro, where the awesome lie."

Fist time I really used plasticard on a model:

I'm still considering some work on the gunstock, but perhaps some careful sanding of the edges might do the trick. I plan to use this guy at some point in an Inquisimunda gang. If I can't, I'll just do a whole gang of these and play them as Cawdow or Goliaths instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
Re: Succes with plasticard

Thanks guys! I changed the left arm, it looked too much like "hey look at me I learned to make straps".

Also, this looks alot more casual and natural too. The shoulderjoin needs some GS, but that's trivial. Also there's a 99% chance of getting a Space Wolves knife on his back, but you'll see that when he's painted etc. Furthermore I added some slugs from the Empire Gunners set and a Wolfskull to represent the fact he is a Hunter after all, just not the headhunter sociopath most models in 40K seem to be nowadays.

Also, everyone should click the link in my sig and join the Bitz collective.

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen

This Space Marine (for my Inquisitor gang) improved nicely with some plasticard.

The Tau flamer is just a placeholder btw.

"Hang on, this isn't where I parked my bike."

Reactions: trollmeat

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen

Allright! My first ever, scratch built weapon, and I'm psycked! This came out so awesome! Ladies and gents, may I introduce you to my first ever True scale, Inferno cannon armed, Imperial Fists (97% sure) Space Marine! I reinforced the rims on the shouldpads with studs too, this was such great practise and alot of fun (because I made it work. Wouldnt have posted otherwise duh). The backpack is from a Multimelta, the arm (as is most of the model) is the Terminators heavy flamer and the rest pure awesome.

I'll paint him up soon, I was just wondering if I should give him a high collar and crazy big purity seals first. (It's for Inquisimunda, so extra detail is deserved).

Attachments

Last edited:

Blood Donor

Enforcer
Tribe Council
Aug 23, 2011
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
That's a long ass' barrel! The details you're getting in plasticard are looking great. I can't help but think his male genitalia is sub-par based on the size of that flamer though. Are you sold on it's appearance or would you flirt with the idea of trimming it back a bit? I think it would look better a touch shorter. Nothing huge, just a touch.

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
Yeah, lol, don't worry, I've trimmed it back about 6mm, it looks alot better. Only the little bit that connects the flexible cable to the muzzle just snapped out of my tweezers and I'm now fixing another one (that for the life of me, won't come on straight).

On a sidenote, isn't all Astartes genitalia shriveled? I thought it was because of all the chemos and treatments they go through, and since it has little to no use anymore in their biology, it might as well be.

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
Not sure what to make of this

I was throwing some things together last night, and before I knew it, most of this guy was put together.
I had the torso with head like this in my bits box (this guy used to be a corpse), I put to arm to him (this was the first pistol I cut up like this) and instantly realised this had to become the next guy in my Inquisitor's retinue. So with the leftover human bits I had, I came to this. I imagine him as some dirtbag from an international space haven who's either a dab hand at computer hacking or managed to save the Inquisitor's life and so as thanks, the Inquisitor drafted him into a life of danger and subterfuge.

Clearly there are a number of options, and I'm not sure of any of them yet, tho I do very much like the mexican standoff idea. Also, I think I'll sculpt him a jacket (would be a nice project to try) to connect to the top of the legs. It would also match the sleeves of the arms.

Suggestions welcome.

Attachments

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
Here's a little something I got in the mail today. A couple of wins off eBay. The Catachan Lieutenant will most likely end up being a Guilder, the Vostroyan sergeant conversion (couldn't wait to get started) will most likely become a Bounty Hunter and the Sniper is just friggin' awesome and will get a spot in my Inquisimunda gang.
DSCN1550.JPG
DSCN1551.JPG
DSCN1552.JPG

RobStrachan

Gang Hero
Tribe Council
Nov 4, 2013
Tokyo
Looking good! The studded pads look cool but maybe too small? You have increased the size of everything else so maybe they're on the small side for me. It's a matter of taste though I guess.

That bounty hunter looks promising.

Blood Donor

Enforcer
Tribe Council
Aug 23, 2011
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
The Vostroyan looks amazing with only a head swap! Never would have thought that they would look so underhive-ish. Couldn't find that miniature anywhere though, where did you get it from?

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
Thanks guys! I got the Vostroyan off eBay, I couldn't find a blister of him either. I'll admit I saw this convertion on the Ammobunker and just decided to steal it. The original hand points a bit naffishly to the right, so a swap was in order there too.

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
Two more for the fodder. I'm still pretty sure the bow will be made/ replaced to look like a Compound bow. Here's the inspiration for my convertions of the bow guy: Zartan!

DSCN1557.JPG
DSCN1558.JPG

Also, the Vostroyan's chainsword's teeth got mauled in the headswap, so I rehabilitated them with a donation from a SM chainsword. I think once the paint's on, no one will ever know.
DSCN1559.JPGDSCN1557.JPGDSCN1558.JPG

Last edited:

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
Huh, not a bad idea. I have tho, in the meantime replaced the head with a SW scout head (pics follow) and he looks more business and less.... gangsta? I have one Bertha Bestaufrung (Mordheim) model lying in front of me begging me to be butchered and converted into something awesome. So far I'm halfway with that.

There is also the matter of not having a female head available for your idea Radu.

Don't see an edit button, so double posting. Said photo.
(new mod tools to play with...merged the posts) Castle

DSCN1561.JPG