Two footed broad jump onto the band wagon! My fantasy armies

Luke82

Gang Champion
Mar 11, 2017
Basildon, United Kingdom
Jan was pretty productive overall... got 142 various minis painted! A little bit from every army. But I feel a bit of organisation is now in order so want to try and ‘finish’ my undead for February.

Blood Knights, from dragon princes with the death upgrade pack.
Zombies, the GW kit gets a bad rap but I quite like them! They look like actual shambling dead folks if nothing else.

Got another chunk of zombies, and then some Vargheists and the Undead will be finished, should be easy enough for this short month.

Luke82

Gang Champion
Mar 11, 2017
Basildon, United Kingdom
I have become pretty quick at getting a standard I am happy to play with, I’m sure others would be horrified with them though ha ha. Base coat, wash, one highlight / dry brush, details, base, and done. Suits me fine! I figure if I paint enough stuff folks won’t notice the crappier models!

Some of the other random stuff I painted, some tomb kings skeletons for WHQ, first unit from the Ogres box, contrast skinks, and some mutants and a crew for Zona Alfa that I’d like to play someday.

xenon

Juve
Lovely work, man. While quantity has a quality all its own, you're still really neat and nicely presented. I fight a constant war with myself. Every army I start there's a voice in the back of my head that tells me 'You must paint this to the best of your ability all the way through'. That voice must be curb-stomped. It is evil and the enemy of progress.

Reactions: Luke82

Luke82

Gang Champion
Mar 11, 2017
Basildon, United Kingdom
Ha ha yes I agree! I don’t really know how ‘tabletop standard’ has become a veiled insult to be honest... they are for the tabletop so what other standard should we be aiming at ha ha. Horses for courses though I guess. I don’t really get a buzz from seeing the really beautifully painted golden demon minis, my thing is the large armies, I love seeing a big chunk of painted toys so quality by necessity has to take a dip. But I am happy with the level I’m at. I’ve done a few ‘hours per mini’ models before but they look the same as the others in my dimly lit garage and I much prefer speed painting another 20 goblins ha ha!

Luke82

Gang Champion
Mar 11, 2017
Basildon, United Kingdom
Yes the banners were fun to paint, even though they were a pain in the bum to convert every banner to take a paper banner. Been practicing on the moulded plastic banners to make my life easier going forward.

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
This army rocks!!
loving the old school banners, the Liche King war wagon and especially the ,very stealable, chaos warrior wight!
Great stuff!

Reactions: Luke82 and Tiny

Luke82

Gang Champion
Mar 11, 2017
Basildon, United Kingdom
Many thanks! The Undead are my longest standing army and will always have a special place in my heart... obviously the new mounted Wight King means it’s not actually finished anymore though! GW rascals.

I also did another thing... finally took the plunge and bought a resin 3D printer... after much frustration and tinkering I have my first print done and painted, an Empire War Wagon. It’s got me itching to get stuck into my Empire backlog next.