N18 Two-Handed Power Sword

OrcJuice

Juve
Jul 19, 2021
Indiana, USA
Hello all,

Not sure if this is the correct place or not, but in the ForgeWorld Escher Champions Weapons it includes a "Two-Handed Power Sword". I was wondering, is this a thing and where are the rules for it? Or is it just a power sword being wielded with two hands?

For reference: Two-Handed Power Sword

Thank you in advance!

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
I'm pretty sure that it's just a regular power sword being wielded with two hands. At the very least, House of Blades doesn't have specific rules for a 2-handed power sword as a separate weapon.

TopsyKretts

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Best to post the picture like this (that "I am not a robot test" FW uses is so freaking annoying!):
99550599048_EscherChampsWeaponsUpgradesLead.jpg

In all 18 books and all other official sources, there are no double-handed power weapons.

TopsyKretts

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Why not? More options, more models, more customizations. More, MORE, MOAR! 🥄🥄🍴🏹🦯🔨⚒️🪓🔪🗡️⚔️
More bloat... more meaningless micro-details. We already have so much stuff, often with miniscule differences. Basically, if you combine the amount of weapon types (knife, axe, sword, hammer, blade, claw, jaws, saw, arm, fist, bite, cleaver, whip) with atributes (power, two-handed, enourmous, shock, venom, chain, servo, razor, rad, thunder, tunnelling, vicious, web, servo, heavy, great), you end up with something like Borderlands amount of weapons. How many giga-enormous-shock-venmous-razor-rad-servo-power weapons are needed? 40'000?

I'll give you one example for Claws: claw, crushing, enormous, lightning, power, servo, powered servo, psychomantic, shock, tunneling, venom, toxin injector, flensing.

I don't think this amount of detail improves the game at all. If you really like this, why not make a random generator that spews out infinite amount of unique weapons? It's not exactly rocket science... a low hanging fruit that GW utilizes to great extent when releasing book after book.
I hope in book of the outcast they include a knife with slightly different stats

The last piece that's missing to this game!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. M

Psyan

Ganger
Sep 2, 2016
Olympus Mons, Mars
Here's something I wrote up for melee weapons awhile back. It hasn't been playtested and probably isn't balanced.

Base Weapons:
Fist/Claw 5cr +1 to hit
Knife 5cr -1ap, backstab
Whip 10cr versatile 3", entangle
Club/Hammer 10cr +1S, +1dmg
Pick 10cr +1S, -1ap
Axe 10cr +1S, disarm
Sword 10cr +1 to hit, parry
Flail 15cr +1 to hit, +1S, entangle
Polearm 15cr +1S, versatile 2"
Two-handed 20cr +2S, -1ap, +1dmg, unwieldy

Add-on traits (pick one only)
Normal No further modifiers
Shock -1ap, shock, cost x1.5
Chain -1ap, rending cost x2
Toxin -1ap, toxin cost x2
Servo +1S, -1ap, +1dmg cost x3
Power +1S, -1ap, power cost x3

Secondary Add-on traits (optional, cost computed after all other additions, pick no more than one)
Sever additional x1 cost
Shred additional x0.5 cost
Pulverise additional x0.5 cost

Master crafting a weapon costs an additional 20% of the weapon cost, rounded up to the nearest 5 credits.

Voronesh

Oct 29, 2021
But there are two ways to approach weapon design.

The systematic, and thought out process that gives you a knife that always stays a knife regardless of who carries said knife. Or power sword or blablabla.

And then there is GW, who did above approach for bolsters but then took a tangent for CCWs.
Every knife has to have a thematic name according to the person that uses it, potentially giving you slightly different stats because one is a power knife, the next one has slightly better AP etc.... but primarily it needs a cool and unique name.

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
Here's something I wrote up for melee weapons awhile back. It hasn't been playtested and probably isn't balanced.
It’ll fit in quite well with most of GWs early Necromunda 2017 book releases then!
the next one has slightly better AP etc.... but primarily it needs a cool and unique name.
*cough* copyrightable name *cough*