Update Underhive Tools Development

Dantoxyl

Aug 23, 2019
Italy
Hello. First of all, great work! We are using the underhive tool fore a campaign, and it's great.
But I've one problem (a bug?): I've a chaos cult gang and The Demagogue miss the option "Status item-Chaos Familiar". The rules allow he to have a familiar, andI can add a familiar to witch and disciple so, why the demagogue cant buy it? Thanks :) And sorry for my english

Reactions: tabletopdad

Jumbley

Black And White Son Of A Gun
Honored Tribesman
Sep 5, 2019
Hi - Looks like this is the place for feedback on the Tools, so I hope I'm not making a fool of myself here:

By my observation, it seems like Stun Grenades simply don't exist in the tool? Is there something I'm missing? I've tried with every type of gang, and they're seemingly not available to add or to buy from the Trading Post.

And of course, the obligatory thanks: this is an absolutely amazing resource, really knocked it out of the park. Excellent design, it's intuitive as hell. Thoroughly smoothed over the otherwise complex gang creation process for me and my noobie friends.

Reactions: Malo

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
By my observation, it seems like Stun Grenades simply don't exist in the tool? Is there something I'm missing? I've tried with every type of gang, and they're seemingly not available to add or to buy from the Trading Post.
I had incorrectly locked Stun Grenades to Enforcers, they're available in the Trading Post now. Thanks for reporting the issue.

Excellent design, it's intuitive as hell
I appreciate the kind words but I'm not sure I've had anyone say my tools are intuitive :) Usually folks state they're confusing. Really glad they're helpful for your group though.

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
So I managed to spend the last few nights working on the Alliance integration, which will bring Guilds and Criminals to the tools. They're basically another gang option to select and once they're added, you have the option of including the representatives in your gang list, which get added as fighter cards.

alliances.JPG

Petitioner's City

Gang Champion
Nov 15, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
So I managed to spend the last few nights working on the Alliance integration, which will bring Guilds and Criminals to the tools. They're basically another gang option to select and once they're added, you have the option of including the representatives in your gang list, which get added as fighter cards.

View attachment 95706
This looks excellent, Malo, thank you - will it be live soon?

The other thing will be if players have guild bond rackets, will these affect the allies system?

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
This looks excellent, Malo, thank you - will it be live soon?
Yes it's about finished, just need some data entry.

The other thing will be if players have guild bond rackets, will these affect the allies system?
In what way in particular? Having Enhanced Boons automatically show if you have the linked guild for example? If so, yes that's the plan.

Jumbley

Black And White Son Of A Gun
Honored Tribesman
Sep 5, 2019
I appreciate the kind words but I'm not sure I've had anyone say my tools are intuitive :) Usually folks state they're confusing. Really glad they're helpful for your group though.
Speaking as someone who works with a lot of web apps - it could be so, SO much worse! Seriously, if I didn't need a manual to figure out how to use the tool, I'm calling it intuitive!

thanejaw

Juve
Feb 4, 2018
Walthamstow
Yes it's about finished, just need some data entry.

In what way in particular? Having Enhanced Boons automatically show if you have the linked guild for example? If so, yes that's the plan.
I'm obviously daft and didn't read this (and we're kicking off our campaign tomorrow) - however if you dig into the custom gangers in profile you should find the various stat lines for each of the allies (maybe save you some data entry there - although I was a bit fast and loose with the skills... so maybe not as helpful as I thought

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
Alliances Update
This update focuses on adding support for Alliances from Book of Peril and Book of Judgement
  • Alliance option added to gang editor
  • Alliance representatives switch added to include retinue and will automatically appear on gang sheet and cards if turned on
  • Guilds and Criminal alliances available to select
  • Benefits and Drawbacks will display on gang sheet and gang cards

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
Excellent, thanks Malo. Is it possible to make the allies editable so they can be modified by arbitrators/players, and tidy up the wargear options a player doesnt want them to have?
Not currently sorry with the way they're implemented. It's not an ideal configuration for Alliances but it works for now. My next step to allow more flexibility is to add a copy fighter function which will serve both an option to duplicate fighters and create a personal version of an alliance representative for modification.
Awesome! Custom Alliances would be ideal, because they all need to be fixed by an arbitrator to be usable sadly.
That would be difficult to implement as an Alliance fighter as I would need to have interfaces to assign multiple equipment and skills. Many are already simply creating custom fighters in the tools to act as Alliance representatives then you can either kill them or send to guilders as a way to "disable" them when not in use.

Reactions: Petitioner's City

Matt Spencer

Ganger
Oct 4, 2016
Nottingham
Alliances Update
This update focuses on adding support for Alliances from Book of Peril and Book of Judgement
  • Alliance option added to gang editor
  • Alliance representatives switch added to include retinue and will automatically appear on gang sheet and cards if turned on
  • Guilds and Criminal alliances available to select
  • Benefits and Drawbacks will display on gang sheet and gang cards
Thanks, this looks great.

The Subnautican's skill (Berserker) has been added to the Syphonite in the Water Guild's Nautican Syphoning Delegation, by the way.

tabletopdad

Jul 26, 2019
So I noticed above the bug for not being able to take the chaos familiar on the cult demagogue was mentioned. I get you are busy but is this on a list of bug fixes by chance?