Update Underhive Tools Development

Mark Kelly

May 7, 2018
Huddersfield, UK
I think he means the new Delaque Brute: Piscean Spektor (HoS pg 62), which has Psychoteric Mastery, can choose a Psychoteric discipline, and can start with Wyrd Powers from that Discipline for +30 credits each when added to the gang, or for 9 XP later, during a campaign.
Last time I looked the Pisces Spencer also comes with light carapace armour but I wasn't able to add it?

dbroadway87

Honored Tribesman
Mar 9, 2013
Midsomer Norton
Recovery & Injuries
  • Recovery is now a ganger status
  • Send to/Back From Recovery button added to ganger editor
  • Adding an injury now prompts to send ganger into Recovery if the injury indicates as such
  • Ganger already in recovery status will not prompt when adding injuries
  • Gangers in recovery displayed below active gangers on gang list with a medkit icon indicator
  • Gangers in recovery will not show on print layouts
  • Dead gangers now display on gang list with reduced layout
for some reason gangers that are in recovery are still showing on the print layout. is there a way i can fix this?

robskib

Jan 11, 2016
Middlesbrough, UK
www.dreadquill.com
Hello @Malo! I've been playing with some Hive Scum and noticed a couple things - they're not game changers (they can be worked around) but I was wondering if you could take a look when you have a moment:
  • According to House of Shadow, Hive Scum can buy Fighting Knives for 10 creds rather than 15
  • Hive Scum get the 'Outlaw' special rule added by default. Could they instead have this as an Advancement or piece of Equipment instead, as by default Hive Scum are law-abiding until they're recruited by an Outlaw gang. It would make it easier to distinguish cards at a glance if the Outlaw function could be optionally added.
Thank you!

Reactions: Zadgrub

TopsyKretts

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Seems like Hive Scum get their own discounts in N20+ (the change in knife cost is universal for all "House of" books).

Mark Kelly

May 7, 2018
Huddersfield, UK
Could you give a little more detail as I’m not entirely sure what the issue is?

In case it’s relevant, every fighter type has access to skills and the tools will tell you if the fighter has primary, secondary, or non-fighter access. You can still give the fighter any skills as the tools are open ended to accommodate free-form campaigns. It’s up to the player to spend xp according to the rules and roll dice, you can then input this into the tools.
Thanks for sorting the issue with the Palanite's- this might already be on your to do list but with the new Delaque- the Piscean Spektor gets the Paired psychomantic claws as wargear but no stats for that weapon are then shown, we can refer to the book but is this going to be updated when you can get to it, cheers Mark

Atyuiop

Juve
Nov 29, 2017
usa
Hello! I tried to buy advancment Delaque Psyker Upgrade - it doesn't work

Servo-Harness Partial - makes Initiative better, but it must make it worse

TabulaRasa

Gang Hero
Jul 26, 2018
Stockholm
Hello! I tried to buy advancment Delaque Psyker Upgrade - it doesn't work

Servo-Harness Partial - makes Initiative better, but it must make it worse
Hi! It works for me, although it can be a bit tricky. But that's to be expected with this much options and a new advancement not covered by the general options.

Don't understand the second sentence.

It helps if you're more specific!

Atyuiop

Juve
Nov 29, 2017
usa
SERVO HARNESS – PARTIAL "… However, a fighter wearing a partial servo harness reduces their Movement and Initiative by 1… " but necromunda tool makes initiative better ( I4+ with servo harness partial becomes 5+ but not 3+)

Last edited:
Reactions: TabulaRasa

TabulaRasa

Gang Hero
Jul 26, 2018
Stockholm
SERVO HARNESS – PARTIAL "… However, a fighter wearing a partial servo harness reduces their Movement and Initiative by 1… " but necromunda tool makes initiative better ( I4+ with servo harness partial becomes 5+ but not 3+)
Ok! And in what way didn’t it work to assign psychics? If it’s when recruiting there’s an option when hiring. Otherwise I’ve made it work by spending xp on the specific power I want under advances? Does this help?

Atyuiop

Juve
Nov 29, 2017
usa
Ok! And in what way didn’t it work to assign psychics? If it’s when recruiting there’s an option when hiring. Otherwise I’ve made it work by spending xp on the specific power I want under advances? Does this help?

Problem with Delaque Psyker Upgrade:
During campaign I gained XP and want to give my non-Psyker Leader Psyker Upgrade

I click on the "+" in the window ADVANCES.
In new window I click on "Select Advance" and choose "Psyker Upgrade", then I click on "BUY ADVANCE" and nothing happens, the button does not respond.
If I choose any other advance everything works correctly, problem is only with Psyker Upgrade.

Of course, I can delete my Leader, then buy new Psyker Leader, but I thought you can fix this bug.

TabulaRasa

Gang Hero
Jul 26, 2018
Stockholm
Problem with Delaque Psyker Upgrade:
During campaign I gained XP and want to give my non-Psyker Leader Psyker Upgrade

I click on the "+" in the window ADVANCES.
In new window I click on "Select Advance" and choose "Psyker Upgrade", then I click on "BUY ADVANCE" and nothing happens, the button does not respond.
If I choose any other advance everything works correctly, problem is only with Psyker Upgrade.

Of course, I can delete my Leader, then buy new Psyker Leader, but I thought you can fix this bug.
That it doesn’t. My suggestion is as I previously wrote to just add the psychic power that comes for free when you buy the upgrade. I think it’s the same XP cost.

Atyuiop

Juve
Nov 29, 2017
usa
That it doesn’t. My suggestion is as I previously wrote to just add the psychic power that comes for free when you buy the upgrade. I think it’s the same XP cost.
I don't understand how can I do so.

There are no psychic powers in the list of advances of Master of Shadows or Phantom non-Psyker (In the list of advances after Cunning comes Ferocity)

But, If I open Master of Shadows Psyker or Phantom Psyker there are Darkness and Delusion after Cunning and Madness after Leadership in the list of Advances.

My Leader is not psyker, I want to make him Psyker using Underhive tool.
I can delete him, buy new Master of Shadows Psyker,give him Wyrd Power, and then give him new powers for XP as I want, that is not a problem.
But this method doesn't make Underhive tool work correctly.

Another problem that appeared during our campaign.
I am playing Delaque gang corrupted by chaos. One of my gangers have turned to Chaos Spawn. How can I add Chaos Spawn in my Delaque roster?

I can rename my ganger, edit his profile, edit all his stats, but he will still be listed in gang roster as ganger.

TabulaRasa

Gang Hero
Jul 26, 2018
Stockholm
what you can do is that there under your stat line on a fighter's page you can click on 'functions' and then on 'type' and there you can change them to a psycher. After that you the psychic powers are available. Obviously it would be better of the psycher upgrade just worked.

I haven't played with the chaos corruption so don't have any solution there. So no idea where you find that one.

Zadgrub

Ganger
Mar 7, 2018
Des Plaines, IL, USA
Another problem that appeared during our campaign.
I am playing Delaque gang corrupted by chaos. One of my gangers have turned to Chaos Spawn. How can I add Chaos Spawn in my Delaque roster?

I can rename my ganger, edit his profile, edit all his stats, but he will still be listed in gang roster as ganger.
As Far as the spawned Ganger goes, you should just click the red "Kill Fighter" button (since he is, for all intents and purposes dead) and add the Spawn to your gang as a newly hired fighter. I forget if you lose all of a fighter's equipment when they are Spawned or not; if you do, then just Kill the Fighter, leaving all his equipment on him (or just delete it all, item by item), but if you get to keep their equipment, then move it all to your Stash before you Kill them. There does not appear to be an entry for a Chaos Spawn under the Add Hired Guns/Pets menu, but you can create your own with the Tools: Customize > Custom Ganger feature; use Hanger-On for Gang Type.

NoOneII.

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Oct 6, 2021
Germany, Hessia
First of all:
This I think is the best "Listbuilder Tool" I have ever used for any game. Thanks a ton for providung us with that!

Second, a Minor Bug:
If you have a name with a moniker like
Paul "Puppyes"
The latter Quotation Marks get cut off, it seems.

I assume that's a sideffect of cleansing the input to avoid codeinjection or something, so that might be unavoidable?

Atyuiop

Juve
Nov 29, 2017
usa

TabulaRasa, Zadgrub thanks a lot! Your advices are very useful.​

Another bug I have noticed, when I buy Hangers-on, Rating/Cost and Wealth increases, but Credits doesn't reduce.

Hive Scum equipment list has differences from what is in the latest books.
There is no Power knife and Power Sword option in HIVE SCUM EQUIPMENT LIST in house books
And they have WARGEAR GRENADES option
Blasting charges ...................35 credits
Frag grenades .......................30 credits
Krak grenades ......................45 credits
Smoke grenades...................15 credits

About the cost of the fighting knife has already been said before

Last edited:

cardyfreak

Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.games

TabulaRasa, Zadgrub thanks a lot! Your advices are very useful.​

Another bug I have noticed, when I buy Hangers-on, Rating/Cost and Wealth increases, but Credits doesn't reduce.

Hive Scum equipment list has differences from what is in the latest books.
There is no Power knife and Power Sword option in HIVE SCUM EQUIPMENT LIST in house books
And they have WARGEAR GRENADES option
Blasting charges ...................35 credits
Frag grenades .......................30 credits
Krak grenades ......................45 credits
Smoke grenades...................15 credits

About the cost of the fighting knife has already been said before
I’ll have a look at the scum weapon costs over the next day or so and see what needs changing.

When it comes to fighter types etc, if there isn’t a specific way of doing it through button presses on the gang screen, the custom tools are powerful enough to cover pretty much everything as @Zadgrub has pointed out. The new rules have lots of fringe cases that may not be included yet, and they may not ever be, but the custom tools can create anything you want and id be really surprised if something workable wasn’t possible when using them. These aren’t necessarily bugs or design flaws, but if a user can get to grips with the tools they’ll find they have an incredibly powerful resource at their fingertips.

sylphilis

Aug 27, 2019
Hey. dunno if this has been brought up before so ignore if necessary. I bought a piscean spector for my delaque. They start with a power that I can choose, extra powers can be bought at creation for 30 credits. I see no way to add any of this except in the notes. I tried to purchase a psy power upgrade for 30 credits and 0 xp as a workaround but that did not work. Also, he has weapons that are not listed in equipment. I understand this guy is new and still WIP stuff.
Thanks for the hard work. This resource is amazing.