Update Underhive Tools Development

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
It's arguable that the PDF didn't remove the CGC gear. After all, the Trading Post appendix in the Book of Ruin still exists.
That said, it also says in said appendix that it's an addition for Dominion campaigns and for the list presented in GotU. There are a few different ways to read things if someone wanted to be awkward.

Would you also say that the extra gear in the Book of Peril isn't accessable any more? Because I'm sure that wasn't the intention.

That’s a good point and I think it’s one of those things that gets thrown into the “arbitrators decision” pile (which is a pain).

My thoughts are that unless you are playing in a campaign that has agreed to use those supplements then they shouldn’t be part of the campaign you are playing.

It flies in the face of running an old school perpetual campaign but it does have the benefit of keeping most of the more egregious weapon profiles and costs from taking hold of the campaign.

It also somewhat aligns with the choice of campaign you are playing and the territories /rackets / base upgrades your gang can get during the campaign and any associated special rules.

If you want the bit of the trading post from Book of Peril then you should also be playing with the special battlefield rules from the same book (most of them only have an effect if you do). Likewise if you want the trading post nits from Book of Ruin you should really be using all the extra rules in the book and be playing a Damnation campaign.