N18 Updated Comprehensive Rulebook

LekyRyu

Juve
May 3, 2021
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to start a Necromunda campaign with friends but we're all new.

Searching I stumbled upon the Comprehensive rulebook v9.03 and joined the necromunda discord to look for further updates where I was directed to this forum.

Is there any update? I was told I had to ask for it here since it wasn't a public release.

Will be grateful for any help!

Thanks

cardyfreak

Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.games
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to start a Necromunda campaign with friends but we're all new.

Searching I stumbled upon the Comprehensive rulebook v9.03 and joined the necromunda discord to look for further updates where I was directed to this forum.

Is there any update? I was told I had to ask for it here since it wasn't a public release.

Will be grateful for any help!

Thanks
For legal reasons this site doesn’t host, promote, or condone file sharing of copyrighted material 👍🏻

almic85

Cranky Git
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
Just a general heads up as well but the Comprehensive Rulebook version 9.03 (in fact any of them after v7.03) contains a number of changes in the text that are not actually colour coded as changes, so be careful about using it as gospel unless your whole group is using the same document.

I’m not talking about the colour coded bits that they have made obvious either. There are a bunch of bits still in black that contain changes from RAW.

TopsyKretts

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Sounds like it has eventually evolved into a house rule project. That's what I'm gonna do some day too. Some content is also impossible to use RAW, so a real head ache to fit in. Keep things original and broken, or try to make minimal changes to make it work?

almic85

Cranky Git
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2014
@TopsyKretts the unflagged changes I have found in it aren’t bad, but they do change the rules slightly. What’s actually annoying though is that they have specifically flagged a bunch of changes in it through coloured text as their house rules, but have also made changes that have not been flagged.

TopsyKretts

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
I think the document has had changes in authors with different motivations. While one author defined a system to mark some rules, the next author ignored it.

Jacob Dryearth

Gang Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Hmm, I didn't realize the Reddit file made changes to the rules, as I have all the official books and so I haven't read it in any depth. That sucks because I was using that file simply as an easy way to copy text for my own projects... bummer. I need to very careful what I copy and paste from it now.

almic85

Cranky Git
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2014
Can someone help me with the cpmprehensive rulebook too ? My latest version is from mid 2020

It’s not kept locally on this site and isn’t affiliated in any way with this site.

But to reiterate what was written above (assuming you are taking about the current rulesets).

The last edition of the Necromunda ruleset released that I am aware of that doesn’t contain seemingly random rules changes is version 7.03, released on 26 November 2019. This is the last version compiled by Aarhun before he gave up on it. It contains everything up to the release of the hard cover rulebook and Gangs of the Underhive books, Dark Uprising rulebook, Book of Peril, Book of Judgement and Book of Ruin. You should be able to find a link on fireden.

The latest version that is out there on the internet is version v9.03, released on March 2020, and can be found on thetrove. Be warned though that it includes a number of unflagged changes from the rulebook, alongside a bunch of flagged changes. This one includes the House of Chains information.

I’m not aware of any update since v9.03.

Reactions: TopsyKretts

Hillybilly

Aug 6, 2018
Bristol
Hi Id also like a NCR post Rev. 9.03 as our gaming group uses all the house rules from it so would love to get the most recent one

mateyboy3000

Ganger
May 29, 2017
Ncr 9.03 is the last version before it was abandoned, see Topsy's link above for an up to date alternative. You can make a separate document for house rules including the ncr ones that you use

Reactions: TopsyKretts

Hillybilly

Aug 6, 2018
Bristol
Ncr 9.03 is the last version before it was abandoned, see Topsy's link above for an up to date alternative. You can make a separate document for house rules including the ncr ones that you use
Thanks for letting me know, Will update Topsy's great doc with our house rules. Don't why I didn't think of that!!! Cheers, I hope your next settlement roll is double 6's!