N17 Upstart orlocks

Discussion in 'Gangs & Loadout' started by Rukus, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Rukus

Rukus Juve

Longtime fantasy player just now converting over to 40k due to interest from my gaming group. Looking at starting a list for orlocks but may be missing some obvious no nos or some easy fixes. List as follows:
    Leader (mentor)
    Shotgun and stubbgun

Champion (munitioneer)
    Heavy stubber

Champion (true grit)
    Servo claw and auto pistol

Juve
    2x stubgun

2x ganger
    Combat shotguns

Ganger
    Autogun

Ganger
    Auto pistol and fighting knife

Total 930 creds
    I plan on saving the 70 creds from startup to buy a flamer for the service claw champ as soon as possible. Also this list gives me 3 groups to manuever with, 2 with a mix of mid range and cc fighting ability with the stubber and autogun watching over them all. Anything I'm plainly missing as silly or won't work?

2. UndeadKing

UndeadKing Ganger

Looks good. Honestly id take another ganger and drop the juve

#2 UndeadKing, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  3. WillingSand

WillingSand Ganger

Welcome @Rukus ! Looks good, the only thing I wonder is that Stub on your leader, why no autopistol? That would be a much better backup weapon imho. And I guess you want to use Mentor to allow your claw champ to rack up experience?

Any ideas what Gangs your buddies will field?

4. Rukus

Rukus Juve

Well I was actually hoping to use mentor to power level the juve rather quickly but could be used on him as well. The stub gun kinda fit the old school feel of using a normal shotgun but the model will have a holstered pistol so I can make it whatever. And I know one guy is gonna be playing Escher for sure, think enforcers on the other, and possibly a chaos cultist player. If rules can be found for them!

5. Cpt. Boriel

Cpt. Boriel Gang Champion

Looks good if you’re playing on tiles. If you’re playing 3D I would highly suggest more long range weapons. Your gang seems to shine at 4”-12”, but getting there can often be... difficult

6. Rukus

Rukus Juve

Hmm I do see your point. But the only option really to get some extra range at start up is the autogun which is underwhelming at face value. I'm thinking use cover to move up close. And shred em in the first couple games and get better weapons from the trading Post. But ultimately I was planning of taking advantage of the mid to short range specialty orlocks start with and use that as the core for the duration

7. WillingSand

WillingSand Ganger

Yeah, Orlocks excel at short range, shotguns all day! But don't underestimate the autogun, it dishes out more than one hit quite reliably.

8. Cpt. Boriel

Extremely reliably once you buy it a common telescopic sight

9. Rukus

Rukus Juve

I do find it kind of funny putting a scope on a full auto weapon but that is ultimately the plan on the first auto Gunner, though I believe theyre rare 9 not common correct? Also i do plan to add an extra autogunner when credits allow to up my overwatch team to 3.

10. Trafalgar Law

Trafalgar Law Gang Champion

It's 25 credits common extends short range all the way to max, lovely.

11. Cpt. Boriel

*when you aim first

12. Trafalgar Law

Yes using the sights is recommended ;)

Cpt. Boriel likes this.
  13. Rukus

Rukus Juve

Ah even better then! Oh and don't believe I ever made it clear but I will be playing the 3d rules. As tiles just do not do it for me.

14. Trafalgar Law

Give the tiles a try. It's surprisingly good on them. I didn't much of the idea before trying it but we quite liked them in the end.

15. chef0death

chef0death Ganger

You dont have enough gangers. You need at minimum the same number of gangers as leaders+champions+juves minimum.

16. Rukus

Rukus Juve

There's 4 gangers total, two of them are armed with combat shotguns so I didn't list em separately just 2xganger

17. Sethmerlin666

Sethmerlin666 Gang Hero
    Honored Tribesman Yak Comp 2nd Place

Agree here, I was pretty against the idea of tiles but surprisingly fun. Especially if you're looking for some quick skirmishes when time poor. Gets to the action really quick on that limited scale.

18. Rukus

Rukus Juve

Hmm I may give it a go. Time is indeed a thing I seem to stay in short supply of these days! Btw I have seen alternate settings mentioned as possible on an emperor spaceship......with the easy availability of tyranids how has noone recreated the alien movies on the board!

19. chef0death

chef0death Ganger

My bad sleep deprived brain.
    I like it, itd be fun starting lineup

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice