Vallejo Backorder metal colors

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
I think I have the worst luck finding metal color paints or maybe the factory is in lockdown.

Anyone got an inside scoop on metal color paints mainly gold copper and pale burnt metal. Thanks!

Seen 20 a bottle prices on amazon....not that desparate yet!

Mr. M

Ganger
Honored Tribesman
Aug 1, 2019
San Jose, CA
I was also interested in trying these, but ran into the same problem you're having... they seem to be in very short supply online and none of the local stores near me carry them.

Reactions: Space Truckin

cainex1

Hive Guilder
Dec 8, 2017
USA
Never hurts to check ebay. Instar is a newcomer but they make some good metallics.

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
I got magnesium to try and it's really good. The others no one seems to keep in stock. By the time I get the in stock emails they are gone.

Tried ebay as well and the prices are way high inflated right now.

Are they reformulating them or is this covid supply chain issues? Any shop owners know itjits a distributor problem

cubesight

Dec 19, 2019
Washington D.C.
There was a 4-pack on Amazon (US) I picked up a few days ago. Magnesium, Jet Exhaust, Pale Burnt Metal, and one other one I can't remember right now. Vince Venturella said recently that they're reformulating them and should be sending him some samples to try soon, so hopefully it won't be too long before they're all being produced again.

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
Cool thanks! Hope they dont change much but I will wait patiently for prices to come back down

Edit. I'm weak. Checked ebay one last time and picked up gold chrome and metal varnish to try out.

Last edited:

Unslain

Gang Hero
Nov 29, 2014
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK
I got magnesium to try and it's really good. The others no one seems to keep in stock. By the time I get the in stock emails they are gone.

Tried ebay as well and the prices are way high inflated right now.

Are they reformulating them or is this covid supply chain issues? Any shop owners know itjits a distributor problem
Vallejo's factory is in Spain's worst-hit region for covid-19, as I understand it. So they've been having both production and export issues for a long while.

Interesting to hear that they're reformulating as well but it's probably the best use of their downtime and might be that they're trying to get around material supply issues.

I have a friend starting an FLGS and who is looking into stocking Vallejo. As soon as I can hear any news from him, I'll pass it along.