Vampire Wars: The Empire vs The Undead

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I didn't even notice that they were the BB ones until I read the reference to plastic. They look good, though I guess they must be a bit larger than the old metal ones, since I seem to remember those being about twice as many per base.

Reactions: Tiny

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
I didn't even notice that they were the BB ones until I read the reference to plastic. They look good, though I guess they must be a bit larger than the old metal ones, since I seem to remember those being about twice as many per base.
Yeah they're a little larger but still a head shorter than a Night Goblin so work well enough. I could have fitted more per base but I fluffed out the bases with bits to get more bases out of a set.

Reactions: Ben_S

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Yes, I assumed it was partly an economy choice. The bases look full enough as is, so I think it works.

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
I really like the less cluttered look too, granted it's less a 'horde of snotlings' but it allows visible goofy stuff each indiviual is up to rather than blurring into a small green mass.

the lovely paint job helps a lot of course

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
Since I see a lot of folks talking about it I did a little comparison shot of some skeletons.
297CD29D-4CB5-49D8-B12B-F529ABF2FEB7.jpeg

Left to right Oathmark - GW - Wargames Atlantic body with GW arms and head.

The WGA ones really don’t fit in with the others without a head swap at the very least. The oathmark ones are a little skinnier than GW and the weapons are smaller, but fit ok in a unit IMO.

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I'm not so keen on the Oathmark skellies, but I don't need any more of them anyway. I'll be tempted to pick up some revenants though.

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
Since I see a lot of folks talking about it I did a little comparison shot of some skeletons.
View attachment 132898
Left to right Oathmark - GW - Wargames Atlantic body with GW arms and head.

The WGA ones really don’t fit in with the others without a head swap at the very least. The oathmark ones are a little skinnier than GW and the weapons are smaller, but fit ok in a unit IMO.
They all look excellent - luckily GW will sell you a big box of spare skulls to solve any problems!!

Plus as people are different sizes I think a mix of all three would make units look great! (Which I imagine is what you’ve done)