N17 Van Saar Revealed

Discussion in 'Tribe News' started by Deleted member 9968, Mar 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. deleted

#1 Deleted member 9968, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2018
  2. Bilbostomper

Bilbostomper Laser Monkey
    Honored Tribesman

Very cool. Very Infinity-like. (y)

Deleted member 9968 likes this.
  3. cogetama

cogetama Ganger

Infinity and Grimdark had a baby. I like them a lot. And I absolutely hated the old Van Saar.

4. Bravo GW Bravo!! They look Damn fine.

5. pr01e

pr01e Ganger

Awesome!! I like the masked guys and those giant cables, also definitely agree the shield is great.. theyalso have a lot of in-motion dynamic poses

Chivers7 likes this.
  6. Sethmerlin666

Sethmerlin666 Gang Hero
    Honored Tribesman Yak Comp 2nd Place

Whoo... my gang gonna get a whole lot bigger....
    Funny originally got Van Saar by mistake... when i was maybe 13 i had a wealthy friend and i asked for a necromunda gang for my bday. I asked for Cawdor but he messed up and got Van Saar... grew to love them anyway, particularly since i repainted them this year....

spafe, Stoof, Space Truckin and 2 others like this.
  7. Mr_Rose

Mr_Rose Ganger

Whee! Van Saar were always a favourite gang in terms of fluff but I couldn’t stand the classic models. These guys though… especially the shield and over-the-shoulder-energy-cannon that might be some sort of plasma weapon.

Chivers7 likes this.
  8. cogetama

cogetama Ganger

Kind of makes sense that a wealthy friend gets you Van Saar instead of Cawdor. Now, if he or she had been a poor religious fanatic with a tendency to burn things...

Chivers7, Sindre, spafe and 8 others like this.
  9. Deckard_2049

Deckard_2049 Ganger

I like em even though they seem a bit sci fi and kind of out of place in an industrial setting, and I guess this further confirms the release schedule. So Cawdor after this, then Delaque at the end of the year.

10. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

Models look great! That color scheme is terrible.

Cpt. Boriel, Alobar, timdp and 5 others like this.
  11. cogetama

cogetama Ganger

Van Saar always looked out of place in the underhive. But I think these go very well with the other gangs. Although they have completely different styles. The miniature design departement so far has done a great job, in my eyes.

Chivers7 likes this.
  12. Thorgor

Thorgor Of The YAQ

Yes! Those are my boys (and girls! at 0:20)
    Loving the design (even though I'm not 100% sold on the Na'vi interface hair thingie)
    Loving all the plasma weaponry (including a Plasma cannon, at long last!)

13. Trafalgar Law

Trafalgar Law Gang Champion

Looks good. Interesting style and weaponry. Can't wait.

14. Gunkaiser

Gunkaiser Ganger

I guess we'll have to see the sprues, but there's a definitely a lady Van Saar in there.

15. Sethmerlin666

Sethmerlin666 Gang Hero
    Honored Tribesman Yak Comp 2nd Place

Haha I never thought of it like that, but totally legit.....

spafe likes this.
  16. Tiny

Tiny Gang Hero
    Tribe Council

Some screen caps.

Stoof, spafe, Space Truckin and 6 others like this.
  17. Tiny

Tiny Gang Hero
    Tribe Council

Must say, I'm not a fan. Too "Infinity" for my liking. They're supposed to be citizens of the Imperium.

Maybe they'll look better in a different colour.

Also, clear plastic bits.. eww.

18. The Van Saars will also be the first gang to have both males and females in the gang box, I am not directly a Van Saar fan, but those minis do look very nice :)

19. WillingSand

WillingSand Ganger

Wow great models! Love that they went further down the Hightech road, and a Lady van Saar!

Though it will be intimidating to be at the receiving end of all this Plasma and high-Energy-las weapons...

ThreeDice likes this.
  20. Well considering their weapons and tech are Alien/Ancient tech it would make sense that it won't look imperial, and they aren't the imperial guards so no real dress codes other then their house dress code :)

Chivers7 and ThreeDice like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice