N17 Van Saar Revealed

Discussion in 'Tribe News' started by Deleted member 9968, Mar 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. It does seem odd to me that whoever painted the minis didn't paint the hands to be gloves, I can't see the Van Saar not wearing gloves considering their condition.

I have noticed we are great at coming up with bad things about the gangs before they come out, and some without even reading the fluff :)

2. ThreeDice

ThreeDice Gang Hero
    Yak Supporter

Hmmm... wonder how long it will take me to hollow the minis with shields so I can stick a light in them and make the clear plastic more bearable, and how much blood I will lose to my one in a million blade of self destruction. I think blue would look all nice and glowy.

3. cole frehlen

cole frehlen Ganger

I love them! I haven't even been able to buy the orlocks yet, and I already know I want these! Fitting an led looks like it shouldn't be too difficult, just some careful drilling? Only problem then is wiring up the switch and battery...

CaptainDangerous and ThreeDice like this.
  4. pr01e

pr01e Ganger

Scavvierising and undertaker like this.
  5. Space Truckin

Space Truckin Gang Hero
    Yak Supporter

Happy to see these are not on the chunky side like the orlocks and newer space marine releases.

I bet they will look awesome painted up in different colors.

6. Jacob Dryearth

Jacob Dryearth Gang Champion

Interesting design, I definitely see the Infinity influence. Are the head cables supposed to be mechandrites? The many-eyed helmets mimic spiders.

Looks like the old minis will not mix in very well.

Chivers7 and Space Truckin like this.
  7. maxwellrpower

maxwellrpower Gang Hero
    Honored Tribesman

I sort of doubt that the ad mech are too worried about radiation. Actually really happy about the minis though :D

8. Jacob Dryearth

Jacob Dryearth Gang Champion

Is it just me, or does it look like the two female model have the same arms and gun backs, with the front of the guns being interchangeable. Plasma or... whatever the other design is- bolt, auto?

Mad Robot and Stoof like this.
  9. The_Worker

The_Worker Gang Champion

I love this. My only gripe is that the ratio of female to male bodies is 1:4 rather than 2:3, which is what I would have expected. Still, excellent to see! High hopes for Delaque, Cawdor, Scavvies, etc now.

Can't wait to get these. :D

Chivers7 and ThreeDice like this.
  10. MusingWarboss

MusingWarboss Gang Hero

I’ll be honest, it’s kinda hard to see but I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s mostly a one/two piece sculpt on the sprue and her arms are fixed as they’re slimmer than the males. So it may be that guns and head are the only swappable bits.

Maybe they’ll make some resin extra bits but if she is very fixed pose that’s a shame as all the ladies will be running and looking down their left arm.

ThreeDice likes this.
  11. Jason7796

Jason7796 Ganger

Not bad. Hoping new weapons from soon!

12. DerekDecker

DerekDecker Ganger

They look like Goliath kit, with a body and Front plate armor separated, so you can put the front plate of the female one on any body you want.

Chivers7 likes this.
  13. Jason7796

Jason7796 Ganger

That a interest take on spruce

14. ntw3001

ntw3001 Gang Hero

I like the bodies, not so hot on the helmets and head-cables. These guys with Mad Robot heads might be a good way to go. Would the juve heads maybe work on the female bodies? I don't know.

Mad Robot likes this.
  15. cogetama

cogetama Ganger

I guess there will also be 20 heads and probably enough without masks to have a full unmasked gang. Head cables look optional too.

16. ntw3001

ntw3001 Gang Hero

I onno, I thought that would be the case with Goliaths and actual hair but they're mostly accessorised. Either way, an opportunity to use the Mad Robot heads is good for me! Just... they'll be the wrong scale to fit with my current Van Saar, so I'll probably retain my ambition to one day produce a Van Saar gang with third-party bits. Keeping a close eye on Anvil Industry's Afterlife range, they have the look I want but don't currently lend themselves to conversion.

17. I absolutely love these. I was gonna get into Necromunda with the Orlocks, but the issues with the rules side of things put me off a bit, but I don't think I can resist with these.

18. WillingSand

WillingSand Ganger

Anyone knows if the resin weapon kits from Forgeworld will be available around the same time as van Saar? Right now my Goliath feel an urge to gear up properly before facing these guys and gals here... :)

19. cardyfreak

cardyfreak Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Tribe Council Yak Supporter

GW say ‘you won’t have to wait too long for these guys’. Wonder if the original ‘one-Gang-per-quarter’ release schedule has been moved forward to a closer release schedule? And what will that mean for the quality of the rules that come out alongside them? :ROFLMAO:

ThreeDice, spafe and Tiny like this.
  20. Tiny

Tiny Hive Guilder
    Tribe Council

I hope so. I really want some Cawdor minis and care nought for the quality of the drivel rules.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice