Ganger
Dec 19, 2017
Eureka, CA

maxwellrpower

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Apr 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
like most of the hive it may have advantages but it is a double edged sword, literally bleeding radiation into most all of van saar's territory. also it doesn't contain any NEW designs the Ad Mech doesn't already have, I mean the van saar aren't creating land raider or storm talon variants but rather plasma cannons and environmental protection suits, maybe gear from planetary colonial times, nothing to secure an advantage in 40k. it may just not be worth the Ad mechs time and effort to recover the damaged and barely usable schematics in a dangerous irradiated stc.
I sort of doubt that the ad mech are too worried about radiation. Actually really happy about the minis though :D

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
Is it just me, or does it look like the two female model have the same arms and gun backs, with the front of the guns being interchangeable. Plasma or... whatever the other design is- bolt, auto?
I’ll be honest, it’s kinda hard to see but I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s mostly a one/two piece sculpt on the sprue and her arms are fixed as they’re slimmer than the males. So it may be that guns and head are the only swappable bits.

Maybe they’ll make some resin extra bits but if she is very fixed pose that’s a shame as all the ladies will be running and looking down their left arm.

Reactions: ThreeDice

DerekDecker

Gang Champion
Apr 1, 2017
Is it just me, or does it look like the two female model have the same arms and gun backs, with the front of the guns being interchangeable. Plasma or... whatever the other design is- bolt, auto?
They look like Goliath kit, with a body and Front plate armor separated, so you can put the front plate of the female one on any body you want.

Reactions: Chivers7

ntw3001

Gang Hero
Feb 17, 2011
Essex, UK
I like the bodies, not so hot on the helmets and head-cables. These guys with Mad Robot heads might be a good way to go. Would the juve heads maybe work on the female bodies? I don't know.

Reactions: Mad Robot

ntw3001

Gang Hero
Feb 17, 2011
Essex, UK
I onno, I thought that would be the case with Goliaths and actual hair but they're mostly accessorised. Either way, an opportunity to use the Mad Robot heads is good for me! Just... they'll be the wrong scale to fit with my current Van Saar, so I'll probably retain my ambition to one day produce a Van Saar gang with third-party bits. Keeping a close eye on Anvil Industry's Afterlife range, they have the look I want but don't currently lend themselves to conversion.

WillingSand

Ganger
Jan 18, 2018
Spire
Anyone knows if the resin weapon kits from Forgeworld will be available around the same time as van Saar? Right now my Goliath feel an urge to gear up properly before facing these guys and gals here... :)

cardyfreak

Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Supporter
Tribe Council
Sep 15, 2012
Alnwick, Northumberland
yaktribe.org
GW say ‘you won’t have to wait too long for these guys’. Wonder if the original ‘one-Gang-per-quarter’ release schedule has been moved forward to a closer release schedule? And what will that mean for the quality of the rules that come out alongside them? :ROFLMAO:

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
New GW say ‘you won’t have to wait too long for these guys’. Wonder if the original ‘one-Gang-per-quarter’ release schedule has been moved forward to a closer release schedule? And what will that mean for the quality of the rules that come out alongside them? :ROFLMAO:
I hope so. I really want some Cawdor minis and care nought for the quality of the drivel rules.