N17 Van Saar Revealed

Discussion in 'Tribe News' started by Deleted member 9968, Mar 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sethmerlin666

Sethmerlin666 Gang Hero
    Honored Tribesman Yak Comp 1st Place

This image definitely jumped out at me in the book, far more appealing than the purple toned cg drawing they'd previously shown. I'll still probably kitbash one before this gets to release....

2. Guerre

Guerre Ganger

That would be the initial sculpt, it might change a little after it's gone through rendering and print but it should be close. I'm sure they will use it for the painted sale example on the site like they did with Gor Half-Horn.

#662 Guerre, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    cronevald likes this.
  3. cronevald

cronevald Ganger

It's been said, I think in a Facebook group, that someone had asked Andy or a FW designer at one of the events and it's a prototype. The final model may differ a bit.

4. It looks like a 3D print, it has some of the common signs of a 3D print.

Well it was a Escher Ambot so pinkish purple isn't that strange for the artwork :)

5. dabbk

dabbk Gang Hero
    Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place

Well, not enough time to read through all of this (and yeah, Ive been away from N17 and the yak for some time, life, etc), but I bought GW3 (I skipped GW2...) and I liked what I read! Also bought a box of the new vansaars, just because. Now I need to figure out if I start them differently from my kitbashed ones, or if I try to integrate them... hmmm...

Anyways, cant wait for the future compendium, because this is going in the right direction!

Ml2sjw likes this.
  6. Deckard_2049

Deckard_2049 Ganger

Any news from the twitch stream today? Andy Hoare was supposed to go over the new SG reveals..was kinda hoping for another Cawdor artwork at the very least..if not a render of the models.

spafe and Blood Donor like this.
  7. Deckard_2049

Deckard_2049 Ganger

Bummer, hopefully we won't have to wait until july for a reveal...there is a UK games expo this weekend but it seems unlikely they will do model reveals there.
    edit:

the official 40k fb account did state : "The Warhammer Community team will be there, and even running a preview seminar with a few early sneak-peeks..."

so a Cawdor preview might be possible....maybe..

#667 Deckard_2049, May 31, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2018
    Guerre likes this.
  8. SirFrog

SirFrog Gang Champion

Post them to https://imgur.com/ and link either the images or the album here. I'm afraid your Facebook link is broken.

9. Galtarr

Galtarr Ganger

Suspect, Facebook post is not set to share to public, judging from the message.

10. Zae55

Zae55 Ganger

9EkVgMK.jpg

spafe likes this.
  11. Zae55

Zae55 Ganger

BFXB0aN.jpg

Stoof and spafe like this.
  12. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place

didnt take them long to get those out! they've certainly sped up their production!

13. Zae55

Zae55 Ganger

B3eBh6u.jpg

Stoof likes this.
  14. Zae55

Zae55 Ganger

Sorry folks for my nub'ness with the photos, hope they workout and display correctly.

spafe likes this.
  15. Stoof

Stoof Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest

Interesting. 3 escher packs, 2 Goliath, 2 Orlock, 3 Van Saar. Seems odd to be chopping and changing *shrug*

SumpRat likes this.
  16. Gdolkin

Gdolkin Gang Champion

So the VS can have more shields too innit

17. MusingWarboss

MusingWarboss Gang Hero

Just the way most of the kits are I wonder if they’ll offer alternate legs or bodies at some point? For extra variation in pose.

18. Stoof

Stoof Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest

Hmm, I doubt it tbh. I think if they were going to do that they would have done it already and had two differtent sprues of 5 gangers each in a standard box. I'd like to be wrong though.

19. ThreeDice

ThreeDice Gang Hero
    Yak Supporter

I doubt it, too, but I also don't see the proposed female ganger variants being all resin? It would also be off if they'd make bodies for a few gangs, but nothing for the others.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice