N17 Van Saar Revealed

Discussion in 'Tribe News' started by Deleted member 9968, Mar 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. The female Van Saars will have separate arms just like any other gang has, so no worries there, also there isn't really anything that you see on the Van Saars that isn't 40K or 41K, and for the 48 million time, the Van Saar's equipment and weapons are based on Alien/Ancient tech the House found years ago.

mcgobbo likes this.
  2. Jacob Dryearth

Jacob Dryearth Gang Champion

If you look at one of the Bell f Lost Souls photos you can see the cable comes out of his skull, right at the hairline where you'd expect a ponytail. Shouldn't be too difficult to replace it with some actual hair.

Chivers7 and Stoof like this.
  3. WillingSand

WillingSand Ganger

In the spot! ;)

irlZombie, Jaq-Draco, mcgobbo and 2 others like this.
  4. Sethmerlin666

Sethmerlin666 Gang Hero
    Honored Tribesman Yak Comp 1st Place

Love it. Really well said

irlZombie, Jaq-Draco, mcgobbo and 2 others like this.
  5. HorribleHedgehog

HorribleHedgehog Gang Champion

Another great-looking gang with another horribly dull paint scheme. Whoever is instructing the 'Eavy metal guys needs to lighten up some!

6. Stoof

Stoof Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
    Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place

Don't exactly pop, do they? Too much Grimdark and not enough colour!

irlZombie, Tiny and ThreeDice like this.
  7. Tiny

Tiny Hive Guilder
    Tribe Council

So is the fluff that the houses manufacture arms for the Imperium no longer a thing?

irlZombie likes this.
  8. HorribleHedgehog

Exactly. Those models desperately need a spot colour or two.

9. HorribleHedgehog

It is. I assume the reason we don't have STC-geared, irradiated guard regiments running around is that Van Saar try to keep the whole thing under wraps and only brandish the best pieces of kit in the underhives, where the Mechanicus is less likely to be looking.

Chivers7 likes this.
  10. N3p3nth3

N3p3nth3 Juve

Really looks like the Blackstorm projector from Mass Effect, the gun that creates miniature black holes... In fact, the aesthetic really reminds me of mass effect, which is really two birds with one stone for me!

Chivers7 likes this.
  11. SirFrog

SirFrog Gang Champion

In a way, I miss the old totally-not-fremen-stillsuits look the Van Saar of old had, even if the implementation was... questionable. Oh well, I'll just finish up my GSC conversions and prepare more arms for them so I can run the new lists.

Kelendor and Tiny like this.
  12. Tiny

Tiny Hive Guilder
    Tribe Council

Makes no sense that a faction dedicated to churning out arms for the Imperium would manufacture a small volume of crazy experimental weapons in secret purely so it can equip gangs of local thugs to go into the Underhive to find fame and fortune. Why not just equip your thugs with the very weapons you already manufacture for the Imperium?

13. DerekDecker

DerekDecker Ganger

Van Saar (and other clan house) make good for the great house or the merchant guild, the great house and the guild do trade business with the imperium via Lord Helmawr. And we assume the house make the trade weapon using the imperium pattern(or watever pattern the contract require them to do), not their house pattern.

#93 DerekDecker, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  14. HorribleHedgehog

To give them an edge against the other factions' thugs? Do note that a Standard Template Constructor can manufacture high-tech weapons out of the most basic of materials, so it's not like they're losing anything by manufacturing some flash guns for their gangers.

15. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place

Even the generals of the imperial guard don;t want to poison their own men... they think it's far more sporting to let the other fellow do it

Scavvierising, Gdolkin and ThreeDice like this.
  16. HorribleHedgehog

Could always chuck those irradiated guns to the penal legions, though!

Now there's yet another idea for a themed guard army... Necromundan Penal Unit 248891, high tech and bomb collars! :LOL:

spafe likes this.
  17. Tiny

Tiny Hive Guilder
    Tribe Council

Why would Helmawr buy weapons from the houses and then manufacture his own different weapons to trade with the Imperium? Or if I'm misunderstanding, why would the Houses manufacture a load of Imperial weapons and then make a completely different pattern of weapons for themselves. They may as well just use the Imperial stuff.

There are going to be economies of scale with any manufacturing process, even 39,000 years in the future. An STC is just a database of plans to build stuff by the way, unless N17 has butchered that fluff too. Also isn't their STC broken?

ThreeDice and Kelendor like this.
  18. DerekDecker

DerekDecker Ganger

Helmawr take control of every activity in Necromunda with the off world, any large trade deal need to be passed on to him. Helmawr do not produce his own good, EVERYONE produce good for him.

19. HorribleHedgehog

I think just what an STC is has always been a bit murky, I recall there being a difference between a standard template constructor (a big dumb automated factory that makes things according to schematics) and a standard template construct (schematics for said factory). I could be wrong, though. And apparently the brokenness of their STC manifests via radiation leakage, but otherwise makes functioning stuff.

20. FerociousBeast

FerociousBeast Gang Champion

One of the hardest jobs in the Imperium must be that of the Boob Armorer! Not only must that chestplate protect the lady's vital organs, but it must be carefully molded to lift and accentuate her bust as well. A difficult job to get right for the many varied sizes and shapes of the average woman, but well worth the effort!

:ROFLMAO:

Other than my old gripe about Boob Armor in 40k (and frankly every fantasy or sci-fi universe ever created), I think the models look good, but I think I'm with those who aren't sure they feel very 40k. Of course, I didn't like Orlocks either at first, and grew to really like them. I'll give these guys/gals time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice