Victor Battles: 2nd edition 40K army codex

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
Maybe I shouldn't direct people to google "40k battle bible", which if you find it is basically as many 2nd ed 40k rules in a single document as I think you're going to get. Maybe.

Reactions: Ben_S

Insurgent

Gang Champion
Mar 17, 2016
Springfield OR
You know I think I'm going to work on the Eldar weapons list and build from that. That is going to be the hardest part to reconcile. The 2nd edition catapult is a powerhouse and and is technically rated at 5 points which could reasonably come out to 50 or 45 points. It seem like there is a five point give or take.

pressure

Ganger
Aug 19, 2017
UK
My brother has bought the SWA book and wants to try it. I'm at a loss because the only force I have for 40k is deathwing, and you cant take terminators.

Going off what you guys are saying with the points cost, It looks like a normal terminator squad would work out around 400 to 500pts per man, that being ws5, bs5 and having a targeter.

Its going to be difficult to make them work. My initial thoughts would be to drop the staline to m3, ws4 and bs4. I know the marine terminator in SWA is m4, but I think something needs to be done about the plodding nature of a terminator. Getting rid of the targeter also will shave off some points.

My other thought was maybe no charge bonus into combat, or losing all draws etc. Or maybe non CC armed terminators aren't allowed to charge into combats. No double movements instead of the m3 adjustment?

Any ideas you guys have would be a great help, as my model budget is being put aside for new necromunda release

edit: so really I just need to work out equipment worth cost. A chaos marine is 120 so ill use that as a starting stat line, with basically the upgrade from bolter to storm bolter being worth about the same as a mark of chaos.

So if anyone knows how I can figure out the cost of the armour and close combat weapon that would be great :)

Last edited:

Ardavion

Gang Hero
Nov 22, 2011
My brother has bought the SWA book and wants to try it. I'm at a loss because the only force I have for 40k is deathwing, and you cant take terminators.

Going off what you guys are saying with the points cost, It looks like a normal terminator squad would work out around 400 to 500pts per man, that being ws5, bs5 and having a targeter.

Its going to be difficult to make them work. My initial thoughts would be to drop the staline to m3, ws4 and bs4. I know the marine terminator in SWA is m4, but I think something needs to be done about the plodding nature of a terminator. Getting rid of the targeter also will shave off some points.

My other thought was maybe no charge bonus into combat, or losing all draws etc. Or maybe non CC armed terminators aren't allowed to charge into combats. No double movements instead of the m3 adjustment?

Any ideas you guys have would be a great help, as my model budget is being put aside for new necromunda release

edit: so really I just need to work out equipment worth cost. A chaos marine is 120 so ill use that as a starting stat line, with basically the upgrade from bolter to storm bolter being worth about the same as a mark of chaos.

So if anyone knows how I can figure out the cost of the armour and close combat weapon that would be great :)
Specified models may wear Terminator Armour for +39 points. The suit includes a Storm Bolter and a Targeter.
That's 2nd ed terminator armour costs from the space marine codex, so it scaled up to ~390 credits in Necromunda, but then remove the costs for a storm Bolter and Targeter.

Seriously, the Battle Bible will tell you what you need.

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
just checking in...
been a month and 2 days without power. just about 3 and half weeks without internet access or cell service.
hurricanes blow. especially when we had 2 back to back cat 5s.
gonna shelve this project for now.

Battle Bible. Seriously. I'm a convert thanks to @Ardavion. checked it out before society as I know it got wiped out.
2nd ed lives!

Reactions: Insurgent

Insurgent

Gang Champion
Mar 17, 2016
Springfield OR
Holy shit! Are you ok? Stay well bro. Ya, get things together and get back to game in six months. I hope your friends and family are ok?

I will look into this Battle Bible but for now I just hope hurricane season is over soon. I did relief after Katrina and I can just glimpse what you went through.

Solidarity.

Reactions: Space Truckin

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
yeah we are ok. just sorting through insurance stuff, trying to figure out how to rebuild. My home office was totally flooded and then covered in mold.
still no power and probably wont have power to the house for another 6 months. Our little town might get power in a few weeks. Only 2 months after Hurricane Irma!
Good thing is I'm sort of a procrastinating doomsday prepper.
At least I got the generator in time! Getting tired of eating MREs though. Catching up on a lot of 40k reading at night.
The first storm was crazy - it lasted only 2.5 hours but the Navy reported sustained wind speeds clocking up to 270mph.
About 90% of the homes and business were destroyed here. I lost a lot of clients so now picking up some construction work. I'm fortunate enough to freeload some office space from a client in exchange for setting up a new LAN for them ( their main office got destroyed ). The mini complex here has generator power from 9am to 4pm now. Still have a curfew but its no enforced anymore.

Reactions: spafe

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
I have a spare basement room if you can get to New York....

EDIT: How about some video of you with the mayor of San Juan??

REEDIT: What can you use? Do you get any delivery service?

REEREEDIT: Water purification filter and refills? I am thinking backpacker scale, they can make a lot of really pure water, just slow. I think 5 minutes per litre while you pump it. White Gas Lanterns (empty)?. Maybe a list here can bring donations from all of all....

Then a place to send it all... I can't imagine a PR address would not show the need. There aren't any good pictures coming out of there.

Then a mod to start a new thread maybe.

Last edited:

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
I'm in the US Virgin Islands not Puerto Rico, we are like 60 miles away. We are ok. Everything here got wrecked by Irma and then Maria came through and just moved the debris around and flooded everything.
We have a gas generator and someone just donated a ton of solar powered lamps which we were able to pickup 2. Appreciate the offers though!
Unlike Puerto Rico all of our homes here collect our own rain water via cisterns. We treat the cisterns with some bleach, but then the generator runs the water pump and a 3 stage mechanical filter with UV. So thankfully we are fairly self-sustainable at the moment. Got a months supply of MREs and if we keep eating those that should cut down on the use of toilet paper.

Most of the pics I have are of my neighbors homes because they had the sense to evacuate.
I'll try to attach a pic of the valley view from my home and have a few more but don't want to totally derail this thread.

Trees are already starting to grow back. The nothing but brown was getting a little too depressing man.

Attachments

Reactions: spafe and Ben_S

Azzabat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Jan 24, 2013
Bristol, UK
Shee ite dude, and here was me in the UK moaning because I’ve had to start rolling down my sleeves.

Makes you realise how lucky you really are and to count your blessings.

I know what you mean about the MRE’s. I had 2 months on them during a tour once and that was more than enough!

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Glad to hear you are all okay at least. and sounds like recovery is beggining too.

Hope it goes as well/smoothly as it can.

Incredibly humbling reading this, it's kinda dropped off the news over hear and it feels like it's all moved on, wheras reading this you get reminded how much cleanup/repair ops are still ongoing.

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
it did survive! I had put most of everything into bins and put into the attic.
It was weird even the scouts I was working on magnetizing for SWA were still on my desk, but things like or sofa, pantry even our refrigerator got shuffled around. The fridge took a walk across the kitchen, pantry went into the living room and the sofa tried to go outside to the balcony. We are still cleaning grass or little bits of plants off the ceiling.

Finally got some solar lanterns so I think I'm gonna try to talk Mrs. Space Truckin into playing a game of Lost Patrol this weekend. I'll play the marines so I dont even have to try to let her win.

Reactions: spafe and Kitcar

Galtarr

Gang Champion
Mar 1, 2017
Is this still progressing? Having to plan a SW:A campaign while waiting for more Necromunda gangs to arrive.

Since we don't have a broad range of models available - (3kids are new to miniatures) I'm looking at tweaking some units available based on GWs cheaper boxes etc. Also means gang sizes maybe smaller.

Anyway would love to add some variety and let guys add models, generally starting with smaller lower cost figures (real life and lower power in game)
So for Tyranids having rules for termagants / hormagaunts, would be good.

Equally tactical Marine (figures are cheap, hardly overpowered since we have terminators).

Personally I'll be keeping it to troops rather than vehicles, and at the lower powered end. Are 2nd Edition stats right to use? As The orks in SW:A are not 2nd Edition stats. 2nd Ed rules =\= 2nd Ed stats necessarily.

JawRippa

Ganger
Mar 31, 2017
It was weird even the scouts I was working on magnetizing for SWA were still on my desk, but things like or sofa, pantry even our refrigerator got shuffled around.
Nothing weird about that - the Emperor protects!
Sorry, could not resist. I hope that you are doing okay.

Is this still progressing? Having to plan a SW:A campaign while waiting for more Necromunda gangs to arrive.
It'd be nice to do some work on factions to fit SW:A theme better, like it is weird how eldar don't use rangers at all, orks make no use of kommandoes and don't even start me on tau team with no stealth suits

I'd be interested to take part in any kind of improvements for SW:A; game is fun, more accessible to general 40k crowd and has a lot of potential. Right now I'm taking part in campaign where we mostly are going to play by vanilla rules with few houserules. After I get a taste of a proper campaign I'd be glad to give my input.

Reactions: Space Truckin

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
2nd Ed rules are a good place to start but some don't exactly line up like with the Nids previously mentioned as well
Originally we ( or atleast me ) were thinking it would be great to bring in other units and small vehicles if you blow your promethium stash but were never intended to make whole teams out of these units. ya know for those narrative games where those unlucky guardsmen run into a Carnifex. At least that's what I'm getting out of it.

Would be fun to see proper characters as well. unlucky guardsmen with Commisar Cain "leading" the troops.

Galtarr

Gang Champion
Mar 1, 2017
Agreed it's best for narrative games. Balance & unit costs become moot.

Eldar scouts would have made a load mor