Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Last WIP for now:

photo 2 (2).JPG
photo 3 (2).JPG
photo 4 (2).JPG

This is the first 'book' I made. I have attached chains as if it is being held down, and on one corner even added a weight to show its defying gravity in an attempt to free inself from the pages (some of the corruption has even sspread into the weight!)

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
I dont think I have. Although I do think I may be stealing that name for one of the books :p

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
The brothers from Stirland are finished, Pics below. I will also hopefully have the second witch hunter (the red wolf) up here either today or tomorrow :)

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

Shiny Fish!
photo 3.JPG

He has a puppet and a book (there seems to be an unintentional theme of books running throughout my mordheim warbands)
photo 4.JPG

The Stirland brothers together

C&C welcome. Also any suggestions for how I should base my mordheim stuff, as I'm really at a bit of a lose...

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Yak Supporter
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
One thing for bases that I use in Mordheim is to go into a wallpaper store and look for some samples of stuff that looks like cobbles. I'll post a pic of one of mine in a minute that has that. I realise your country might not stock the same types of wallpaper, but it's worth a try. My one day to be created Mordheim table will be covered in it too. Whenever I pop into the DIY I like to have a look if they have some of the samples and the Magpie in me loves to takes a few. I've washed them with watery paints in brown and greens, for mossy and simply dirty stones. Works like a charm and a real bang for your buck.

DSCN1738.JPG
DSCN1740.JPG

Edit: O yeh have a look out for the grey stuff too, I've used that for Necro as a kind of Tarmack base on my Goliaths.

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
@Tulkas Thats awesome! Giving my general wanderings don't take me into wallpaper shops I would have never even thought of this! When I next have a trip to the shops I will deffo have a lookie for this stuff! Muchoes thanks :)

And now, the next update in the band on hunters to the city of the dammed:

Arik, the red wolf:
Of the knightly orders, the knights of the white wolf are probably second in fame to the emperors own Reiksguard. They are famed for their wielding of great cavalry hammers and charging into battle bare headed and bellowing like the savages of the north. Unsurprisingly they are worshippers of Ulric, the warrior god. What led to the Red wolf to convert to Sigmar is not known, and none have dared ask him. It is known however that this change of beliefs led to one of the White wolves champions leaving the order and joining the priesthood of Sigmar. Due to his fighting ability and wild temper, the order of the blue rose was swiftly contacted, and since then Arik the red wolf of Middenheim has been a fearsome hunter, chasing fallen priests, demons and all manner of otherworldly beings.

Arik is armed with a mighty two handed hammer, a smaller one handed hammer and his heavy suit of full plate. Due to his fitness and strength this doesn’t slow him down, and as a headstrong warrior with little regard for his own safety, it has saved his life on countless occasions while on the hunt.
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG

I'm hoping the last pic shows the blue on the inside of his cloak. It has come out a little darker than real life, I think due to how much its in the shadow of the rest of the model.

C&C welcome

Tulkas

Mr. Shadowlord
Mordheim Professor
Yak Supporter
Mar 23, 2012
Netherlands, Groningen
Sweet model mate, your stuff makes me wanna pick up Mordheim again as well. The backstory really brings life into your warband.

Note on the wallpaper: either stuff a mini in your pockets when you go out (easiest thing) or keep in mind that less is more. So small details or you'll end up with huge giant "cobbles". Just bring a mini I'd say.

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Thanks. I like to have at least a little idea of what I want the characters back story to be when I'm painting/making them. Allows me to more easily imagine what they would look like when choosing colours

Thats a very good point. I will bear that in mind when mooching :)

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Okay, heres my comp entries, hope the pics are clear enough!

photo 13.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG

The colours of magic are spreading out from the book of power, corruption literally seeps through the earth away from the book to distort all around it!
photo 12.JPG
photo 11.JPG

This book seems to be possessed, ever hungry, ever watching, don't let your guard down! One brave local is trying to poke it down to contain it, or maybe he's look to feed it, be ever watchful!
photo 3.JPG

The full set of tokens, the final one is inside its case, locked away from grubby fingers, but still on display for all who can read to learn of its power, dare you read from its pages?

C&C always welcome!

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Thanks mate. I think my mordheim will be taking slight back burner for a little bit now, in favour of some empire and necromunda stuff. Will hopefully not be too long until I get back to this though!

Reactions: trollmeat

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Well I've not done much more for the story warbands, although rest assured, things are ticking away in the background (no matter how hard I step on them!). I have however discovered a halfling theif and two savage orcs that I had forgotten I had, so while the other two need spraying one was already good to paint. Here are the results:

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG

I dont know how well you can see, but My highlights and general colours are all quite bright, I've decided the orc warband will be quite cartonny in their painting, as I think befits their nature.

C&C welcome!

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
So from giant fighting monsters, to stealthy sneaksters who are after the motherload. This little fella is after Quangels books to sell on the black market, but if someone wants to pay him and protect him while he looks, even better! These are jsut WIP shots, will do a little more story line and stuff with the finished shots :)

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

I undercoated the model in black, then dry brushed the entire thing with a light grey to pick out the details. I quite like this method, kinda the reverse of black lining on a white undercoat. Main reason I tried this was the model is tiny, my eyesight is bad and iidnt ahve any white undercoat to try black lining lol.

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Ike Tallfellow
While the halflings of the Moot generally keep to themselves within the empire, there are those of them who are not content with tea parties, farming, ale and merriment. Those that yearn for excitement, adventure, and fortunes. Most of those who leave the Moot travel in dogs of war companies selling their services as bowmen, trappers and cooks. This is how Ike also left the Moot, amongst a company of fifty halflings, clad in their brightly coloured jerkins, singing songs and marching of to live out the tales of adventure they had heard so much about.

Ike however was not like the rest of his company, for unbeknownst to his parents, as a child he had found a most curious scroll in the back of a travelling traders wagon. He had snuck into the back of the wagon while his father discussed the price of wheat with the trader, and grabbed the first box he could. After he scampered away into the surrounding forest he dared open the box, his tiny heart racing. Within the box lay a single parchment, tightly bound. Ike hoping for sweetened nuts had been about to cast the box and scroll away in a fit of disgust, when something stayed his hand. It was almost as if the scroll wanted to be read…

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG

Once Ike was out of the Moot he parted company with his companions, making sure he had stolen enough provisions and trinkets before he left. He met up with a beastmen who had agreed to part with a sacred scroll in return for the location of his fellows. Without a moment’s pause, Ike agreed and the next time anyone heard from the diminutive thief was when rumours began in Mordheim about a library that was untouched by the comet, its books perfectly preserved and laying awaiting claim. Needless to say, nothing was ever heard of the other forty nine halflings that had left the Moot with Ike…

C&C welcome/wanted for this little thief. Sorry about poor pics, camera phones arn't the best lol

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Cheers fella, I had forgotten about my mordheim thread, the case with them all in has been pushed to the back under the bed as necromunda, Malifaux and 40k have been played more recently.

I might have to have a dig out of them again and see what stuff I still have waiting to be completed.

Reactions: trollmeat and Ben_S