N18 WC Road map update (and bows)

cronevald

Gang Hero
Jun 5, 2016
Missoula, MT

Niqlous

May 24, 2020
Any news is good news!

My wife will be pleased with new Escher releases. (She doesn't main them but they are her favorite looking / to paint)

Reactions: cronevald

cronevald

Gang Hero
Jun 5, 2016
Missoula, MT
I'm cautiously excited as they've been my main gang since the '95 edition. I still despise the Death Maiden models but I like everything else we'seen so far. Probably too much of a fan to remain objective on this one.

Reactions: Niqlous

cronevald

Gang Hero
Jun 5, 2016
Missoula, MT
I'm wondering why the basic Wyld Bow profile has a Damage characteristic of "-", even though the only trait is Silent? So what does it do?
I think you might be looking at the poison line. The basic profile has a strength of 3.

Edit-oops, I see it now, read that too fast. I'm going to guess that's an error.

Reactions: Crazy Ivan

Spenetrator

Gang Champion
Honored Tribesman
Apr 2, 2018
York, UK
I mean they mentioned the explosive arrows, but they look terrible - with S2 a 6+ ammo roll and unstable/scarce/blast 3" it's gotta be the worst S2 weapon out there. I could see if it had knockback but without that or S3 I can't see I'd use them.

It's gonna have to be a cheap option...

Reactions: cronevald

Sundown Dreamer

Gang Champion
Mar 6, 2018
Tübingen, Deutschland
Yes, I saw that too. On the one hand understandable, on the other hand I am a little disappointed. But it is good that we are informed now.
In practical terms, I can now use my Q2 budget to fill other gaps and wishes in the meantime ;-)

cronevald

Gang Hero
Jun 5, 2016
Missoula, MT
I mean they mentioned the explosive arrows, but they look terrible - with S2 a 6+ ammo roll and unstable/scarce/blast 3" it's gotta be the worst S2 weapon out there. I could see if it had knockback but without that or S3 I can't see I'd use them.

It's gonna have to be a cheap option...
Knockback would make them a while lot more appealing to me. I'm noting that down as a possible houserule. I guess we'll see what's what when the book is out and we have the full details.

cronevald

Gang Hero
Jun 5, 2016
Missoula, MT
Hrmph. The Facebook team has given me an answer. Make of it what you will.

"... the bow itself doesn't have a damage stat - it depends on the type of ammo it is equipped with."

KuStrife

Juve
Jun 4, 2018
Granada, España
Hrmph. The Facebook team has given me an answer. Make of it what you will.

"... the bow itself doesn't have a damage stat - it depends on the type of ammo it is equipped with."
Then what are the S3, Ammo 4+, Silent Trait for?

This informality would be funny, if it weren't so sad.

EDIT: It seems they removed the weapon profile from the article. What a joke.

Jacob Dryearth

Gang Hero
Sep 6, 2016
They really need to get people who play the game (the game as it is RIGHT NOW, not the playtest version played in house that is over a year ahead of publication) to proofread everything. Having such an obvious error in a preview is embarrassing. I love Necromunda, and the group of folks I play I with, but cannot in good conscience suggest the game to anyone who isn't already invested in it... and that makes me sad.

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
Sw86iMJ2exI28JzR.jpg

My money is on the regular arrows actually being D1.

Explosive arrows may make suicide prospects viable, assuming everything (fighter, bow and special ammunition) is dirt cheap so that the whole thing doesn't add up to more than 50 credits. If you can spam them they may be able to do some serious pinning before they blow themselves up. Them not having Silent makes about as much sense as the regular GL launcher not having Silent though... just because the missile goes boom doesn't mean it should give away the shooter's location.

I guess the reason acid arrows are not Silent is because they are a sci-fi equivalent of fire arrows and somehow glow in the dark, giving away your position.

If the regular bow costs more than 10 credits, then it's not worth the price.

Delaque pushed to next year. *Sad binaric chanting*
Van Saar have been pushed to next year. Delaque have never been officially announced, and have most likely been pushed from 2021 Q2 to 2021 Q3... 😈

Reactions: Chitriel

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
Delaque are already released, unannounced but hidden so no one knows where they are...Sneaky gits..😜

SuboptimusPrime

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 19, 2019
Sectoris XII | Castrum Vindobona | Austria
Van Saar have been pushed to next year. Delaque have never been officially announced, and have most likely been pushed from 2021 Q2 to 2021 Q3... 😈

Your sneaky attempts at rubbing it in are thwarted by my unfeeling fatalism. I was fully expecting them to be released late next year before anything was announced, and now the only question left is whether Cawdor or Delaque will be last. Judging by the original release schedule, definitely Delaque.

More time for the rest of you to actually prepare for a fight this time. 🐍

MrAndersson

Gang Hero
Sep 18, 2018
Halmstad, Sweden
I am afraid it's dead on arrival. Even at 5 creds, the bow would be too expensive. This would still be true if lasguns went up to 10.
The special ammo types are just worse versions of other weapons. And on top of it all is that -1 to hit at long range.

Kiro The Avenger

Gang Hero
Apr 4, 2018
Bristol, UK
I think another big problem this bow will have is that it's only going to be available for the Wyld Runners.
I think it's a reasonable assumption that they'll be BS 5+. This bow will never hit anything.