Necromunda Weapon Ideas?

Mad Robot

Maddest of Them All
Tribe Council
Mar 11, 2015
Chandler, AZ, USA
www.madrobotminiatures.com
Hello, hope I'm not breaking rules here but I recently found this forum and I am looking for input on new products to create.

I am currently working on some new hand/weapon combos, specifically hand flamers and some random hand weapons(wrenches, pipes, etc.)

If you guys have any suggestions for conversion parts, please feel free to post them here and we can discuss them.

Steve
Mad Robot Miniatures

Gorkamunda

Adeptus Ineptus
Gorkamorka Warboss
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Dec 11, 2012
Galdhøpiggen, Norway
Welcome to the forums! I actually just ordered a couple of bikes and some random bits from you a few weeks ago.

I know plenty of people here have ordered from you in the past, so I'm certain folks here will have suggestions for you....

Gorkamunda

Adeptus Ineptus
Gorkamorka Warboss
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Dec 11, 2012
Galdhøpiggen, Norway
A digression:

I think the real money would be in making a ton of multi-part models that would A) fit with different general Necromunda gang looks, or B) also blend well with the old models. Why not put out some body-suit wearing bodies, and then (by chance) make available 10-20 different bearded/pony tailed heads under a different product name? I would buy that ;)

Some punk chicks would also go down well I think.

As for weapons - heavy/special weapons that aren't Space Marine sized?

Edit; oh - and juves!

Doghead13

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Dec 28, 2014
Forres, Scotland
Their jumpsuits also look remarkably like motorbike racing gear. Tight, zip up front, reinforced at elbows knees shoulders, foot portion with reinforcements fore and aft, covered in garage patches. Yeah.

As far as weapons go, truly man-portable support stuff is always a nightmare to find. It's either on a tripod or Space Marine sized thus looking like it should be on one; there's little or nothing between that and a rifle. No idea how well they'd go other than people on this forum, but something scaled to be man-portable for a generic guardsman and sharing a distinct familial resemblance to an FN MAG replete with belt, ammo box, and bipods for 'bipod down' or 'bipod up' would have me placing an order on the spot.

And just off the top of my head one idea to increase the appeal of something like that would be a separate mount kit for putting it on the top-hatch of a tank.

Reactions: trollmeat

nathanie1

Gang Champion
Jan 11, 2012
Penge, se207jn
Juves. Are the hardest thing to recreate in my experience. Personally I would love more pitslave style arms, buzz saws etc. But most of all I would love more hand weapons - tools, wrenches/spanners, lead pipes, that kind of thing

ntw3001

Gang Hero
Feb 17, 2011
Essex, UK
I've found that more 'realistically-proportioned' 28mm (or 25mm) figures can work for juves. They're a bit shorter and skinnier, and with a big ole head on them they can look well enough like teenagers. But yeah, some actual juves would be a treat.

As far as weapons go, I'd love to see some things like crowbars and tyre irons. I have a biker model who I really wanted to have holding a tyre iron, but he's currently got a stinky old chainsword instead. And, also also, Borderlands-style buzz axes. I've yet to find anything that remotely resembles a buzz axe anywhere. It's tough for us Borderlands-likers.

Mad Robot

Maddest of Them All
Tribe Council
Mar 11, 2015
Chandler, AZ, USA
www.madrobotminiatures.com
Thanks for the responses!

As for the hand weapons, do you want a sprue of 5 wrenches, a sprue of 5 tire irons, etc. or would you want a sprue with the weapons mixed? These would have the hands holding them already so you can attach them to any arm.

A few other things we already sell that may peak your interest; our LMG package:

DJF-02a.jpg

Also some arms holding small guns and chain weapons:

HA-06.jpg

Doghead13

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Dec 28, 2014
Forres, Scotland
Agreed, those are some really nice autosluggers - I particularly like the M60 lookalike. Think I might be in the market for some of those in the not so distant future.

nooker

Prodigal Viking of the Librarium
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
I love your stuff! I'm not a costumer yet, but that's will change soon I suspect. Auto pistols are rather hard to find. If you want to stick the more modern look of a lot of your other weapons the Scorpion would be a good choice:
latest?cb=20101207044739.jpg

Or a basic machine pistol:
221_1-300x213.jpg

Another slight digression from the weapon discussion, but a modified squad builder adapted for Necromunda would be very cool. A squad of 10 would be a great amount for a new player. Breakdown that would work would look something like this:
  • Leader: Pistol & close combat or special weapon options (rifles are an option too, but I don't see many people do that)
  • Heavy: Heavy weapon or special weapon options
  • Heavy: Heavy weapon or special weapon optons
  • 2 Ganger: Rifle options
  • 2 Ganger: Rifle options
  • 3 Juve: Pistol & close combat options

nooker

Prodigal Viking of the Librarium
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Feb 17, 2011
Brooklyn Park, MN
@radulykan, you're right there are. It's probably enough from Mad Robot, but there are so few on the market in general, that it's hard not to fixate on the need for more.