Weapons trades

JoajeCena

Sep 6, 2018
Portsmouth
I've recently noticed that you can (when negotiating the release of a captured fighter) try to get equipment out of other gangs. For a Van Saar gang, which equipment from other gang lists would you recommend negotiating for? I'm assuming stuff like poison weapons from Eschers and Delaques, but what about from others?

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
I claimed 2 sets of van sar body gloves for the return of a 'slightly bruised' hostage. only way I could kit out my 2 van saar legacy venators in their house garb

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Issy-les-Moulineaux 92130 France
It should be noted that you can't normally get house-specific equipment in this kind of trades (unless of course both gangs involved are from the same House).
Venators are a weird bunch since their rules were published before this restriction was made official (and were not that well detailed anyway) so it's up to you how you want it to work with venator house-legacies.

Still, I wonder how your opponent was able to offer you those body gloves @spafe, as even Van Saar players have no way to purchase them (not without a living body in them at least), and removing them from a still breathing fighter is a death sentence fluff-wise. Did they loot them on dead fighters?

Last edited:
Reactions: spafe

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Still, I wonder how your opponent was able to offer you those body gloves @spafe, as even Van Saar players have no way to purchase them (not without a living body in them at least), and removing them from a still breathing fighter is a dead sentence fluff-wise. Did they loot them on dead fighters?
Gave me the one from the juve I captured, and bought another juve to give me his suit then fired the juve (so none bar the juve he was getting back were without their suit). The juve in question... we assumed he was young enough to survive for a little while, and would then be bought one (via the same hire juve, loot juve, fire juve method) later on.

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Gave me the one from the juve I captured, and bought another juve to give me his suit then fired the juve
And that, my friends, is why we don't name them. Otherwise we get attached.
Unless the captured juve had a few advancements already (and no lasting injury), I think that actually paying you to execute the little bugger would have been a better bargain :D

Technically, the Van Saar player won't be able to replace the body glove by simply hiring and firing another juve, as they need the suit to be in their gang stash before they can equip it to the released juve. So they need to also purchase some kind of armour to swap it with the body glove (which makes no-sense but is technically allowed RAW).
Honestly, the body glove should just be considered as a special rule of Van Saar fighters and not a piece of equipment (like the GSC third arm), and they should add some additional cost to the VS legacy for Venators to represent that.

Last edited:
Reactions: spafe

Celery Stalker

Dec 20, 2017
Channahon, IL, USA
According to the hard back rulebook, the Venators you pick which gang profile you want to use (Cawdor, Van Saar, Delaque, etc), and thats the stuff you use. You still can't get out of house equipment.

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
According to the hard back rulebook, the Venators you pick which gang profile you want to use (Cawdor, Van Saar, Delaque, etc), and thats the stuff you use. You still can't get out of house equipment.
That's only for the purpose of territories in the Dominion campaign system.
Venator gangs do have access to house-specific equipment through the house-legacy system that is part of their own rules (published in the May 2018 White Dwarf). You can pay a fee to purchase a house-legacy for any Venator fighter, and this gives them access to house-specific equipment and discounts from the corresponding HWL. You can even mix-and-match different legacies in a single Venator gang.