• YakTribe will be migrated to a new server on Monday night, April 12th after 2am GMT and should be available on Tuesday morning.

N18 Weaponsmith Skill HOA and special ammo

iamspamiam

Apr 11, 2017
I was wondering what folks interpretation of the Weaponsmith skill and its interaction with special ammo types.

This skill as I understand it changes a weapon from scarce trait to normal (no trait) or normal (no trait) to plentiful with regard to ammo checks.

Do you feel that an ammo type purchased is considered in the same way as a weapon for the purposes of being changed? If so how should it interact with limited ammo types?

Also my understanding is stacking the skill with gadgeteer would allow for a normal weapon to be made plentiful then this trait can be swapped for the other traits outlined in the Gadgeteer skill would folks agree this is how it should function? e.g. with both skills a bolter could become plentiful then become rapid fire (2).

almic85

Cranky Git
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
That’s my read of the skills as well.

Ammo types with limited are affected by the Weaponsmith skill, and then Gadgeteer can be used to turn plentiful into another skill.