N18 What happens to loot if a game ends early?

NitroGecko

Feb 27, 2022
Hong Kong
So far our scenarios have a loot condition to be filled by the end of round 3 or any round after that. What happens if the battle ends earlier and your enemy bottles out? Do you lose your loot because the enemy left early?

Jam Warrior

Ganger
Jul 28, 2014
Andover, UK
We play that the person who remains on the field is considered to go around hoovering up any objectives or loot at game end if they haven't bottled.

If they have bottled they get nothing as it's assumed they scarper as soon as it is safe.

Reactions: daveh

mateyboy3000

Gang Champion
May 29, 2017
We play that the person who remains on the field is considered to go around hoovering up any objectives or loot at game end if they haven't bottled.

If they have bottled they get nothing as it's assumed they scarper as soon as it is safe.
This kind of ruling is how you get 500+ credit reward games on the ones with more loot.
No incentive to play the game when you can just merc your opponent and make them run, they won't stick around and deny you loot if you require them to voluntarily bottle to hover stuff, it is a death sentence for their next game as well if they do stick around

Jam Warrior

Ganger
Jul 28, 2014
Andover, UK
I don't know what scenario you mean but clearly we wouldn't use it for that. More thinking desecrating opposing gang relics and opening the securing the odd loot crate (which we house rule to give to D3 x 5 creds).

mateyboy3000

Gang Champion
May 29, 2017
I don't know what scenario you mean but clearly we wouldn't use it for that. More thinking desecrating opposing gang relics and opening the securing the odd loot crate (which we house rule to give to D3 x 5 creds).
Any of the multitude of gather X get credits scenarios. I think ghast harvest and caravan heist are the worst offenders for it

Reactions: TopsyKretts

Jam Warrior

Ganger
Jul 28, 2014
Andover, UK
Well yeah, those are arbitrator scenarios designed to hand out piles of cash. Pretty sure they have contingencies for game end written in to them that give the person left on the field all the loot.

NitroGecko

Feb 27, 2022
Hong Kong
Our Arbitrator ruled that we just missed the loot. The good thing being that we denied the other gang their loot... it's an uprising campaign and the battle itself had very little credit rewards, so my guys are starved for credits :p

Stompzilla

Ganger
Jan 11, 2013
Our house rule is that you keep any loot that is in your possession when one gang legs it.

It prevents gamey bottling to deny the opposition but also helps to stop gangs that make no effort to go for the objective and just table the opposition from cashing in.

The official rules are pretty spotty in this regard.

Reactions: DamianK