What's on your mind?

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Trying to finish projects around the house, even if there is no FYSC for it... But today I finished some shelves for a closet in the boys' room, where they can keep whatever random toys and brick-a-brack they accumulate.
ciFbBB0.jpg

Bottom shelf (for the youngest) was just a way to use up a few craft paints and protect the shelf a little. It ended up sort of sky blue, and it sparked the idea of personalised shelves. So the middle one, called Birk (Danish for birch) and with the favorite colour green, has the middle shelf. And the eldest mentioned he'd like something with red lightning, because 10 years old I guess. :LOL: Didn't feel the lightning, so did a lava shelf for him instead. He's coming home tomorrow, so hope he likes it!

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
Trying to finish projects around the house, even if there is no FYSC for it... But today I finished some shelves for a closet in the boys' room, where they can keep whatever random toys and brick-a-brack they accumulate.
View attachment 131113
Bottom shelf (for the youngest) was just a way to use up a few craft paints and protect the shelf a little. It ended up sort of sky blue, and it sparked the idea of personalised shelves. So the middle one, called Birk (Danish for birch) and with the favorite colour green, has the middle shelf. And the eldest mentioned he'd like something with red lightning, because 10 years old I guess. :LOL: Didn't feel the lightning, so did a lava shelf for him instead. He's coming home tomorrow, so hope he likes it!
On this forum I just assumed these were display shelves for models!! 😂

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
On this forum I just assumed these were display shelves for models!! 😂
I don't have anything even close to this for my models! The necromunda models are crammed in a little cupboard along with paints and stuff, my fantasy stuff is in the garage awaiting de-moulding... I really need to build myself a den out in that garage!

Reactions: Space Truckin

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
So I have failed once again to lure my lad into Necromunda. He likes his space marines too much. Had played a couple of simplified KT games with him. (I was dabbling with KT Myself pre lockdown but not really keen on its ruleset)

Wondering now whether KT or Combat Patrol is the simplest ruleset for kids. I'm after a simple ruleset for 10-12yr olds. Quick to understand and quick to play, So for example we skip strategems in KT presently.

Also open to other rulesets whether that be oldhammer version or SW:A except they want a vehicle or two. Or even just playing Necromunda rules with 40K stats... But guess I'd need to resort out all weapon traits etc.. Someone has I believe converted 40K units to Warcry but guess that won't scale to well.

Firstly easy for kids to play.
Secondly if it scales to vehicles that's a plus.
Thirdly, If it means I don't have to learn another ruleset that's a real winner.

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
So I have failed once again to lure my lad into Necromunda. He likes his space marines too much. Had played a couple of simplified KT games with him. (I was dabbling with KT Myself pre lockdown but not really keen on its ruleset)

Wondering now whether KT or Combat Patrol is the simplest ruleset for kids. I'm after a simple ruleset for 10-12yr olds. Quick to understand and quick to play, So for example we skip strategems in KT presently.

Also open to other rulesets whether that be oldhammer version or SW:A except they want a vehicle or two. Or even just playing Necromunda rules with 40K stats... But guess I'd need to resort out all weapon traits etc.. Someone has I believe converted 40K units to Warcry but guess that won't scale to well.

Firstly easy for kids to play.
Secondly if it scales to vehicles that's a plus.
Thirdly, If it means I don't have to learn another ruleset that's a real winner.
If what you want is necromunda and what he wants is to play with space marines, why not make them a custom gang in your underhive? I've never done anything like it, but you could base it on a mix of goliaths and enforcers, for 'beefy dudes in a squad'-style of play. Could work, maybe?

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
Cheers, both excellent ideas. Might try both and see which he prefers. Though think the one page rules might be the winner. At least until I can get them into Necro proper. The lad hasn't really got the patience for painting anything too detailed. That's where marines shine but now he has painted some he'd rather use his than any of my models...

SuboptimusPrime

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 19, 2019
Sectoris XII | Castrum Vindobona | Austria
I thought it was worth sharing; it both presents the case for Pit Slaves in Newcromunda, as well as enforcing my belief that CGC are meant to replace Pit Slaves as a gang (which is a crying shame).
On the danger of this belonging in the sump, I agree. I will also double down on the accusation and say they were supposed to also replace the helot chaos cult and roll chaos and pit slaves into one package. What is odd with CGC is that I actually like models quite a bit (except for the tea towel of doom, whatever is up with that guy?) but my reaction to the lore after all the vague reveals was literally "Oh wow, a Khorne cult. How inventive."

That I am professionally opposed to the silliness of feeding people on corpse starch (The ghost of John Malthus is shaking with laughter so hard his coffin is now a maraca) isn't helping their case.

Reactions: MedMos and Ardavion

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
Found this video inadvertently making Pit Slave conversions:

I thought it was worth sharing; it both presents the case for Pit Slaves in Newcromunda, as well as enforcing my belief that CGC are meant to replace Pit Slaves as a gang (which is a crying shame)

Awesome find. I have some CGC sprues but have no interest playing CGC. Partly lore partly rules, echoing much of what @SuboptimusPrime said.

I only kept them as a source of CC weapons for conversions. Now I think I ought to try a pitslave gang based off them...

On that note has anyone worked out which arms from which kits are interchangeable? I don't mean shoulder joints as that can be overcome. But which arms look right on which bodies kind of Aesthetic. I have collected a single sprue of each new Munda gang. As I think the models look fantastic even if I don't fancy the playing the gangs. (Also acquired the required Ork Nob sprue for Ogryns and a single GSC neophyte sprue.)

I'm holding off further kitbashes till I've painted some more. But wondering which kits people feel match up well? Arms to bodies as weapons can be made to fit provided the size is reasonable.

Reactions: MedMos and Ardavion

Galtarr

Gang Hero
Mar 1, 2017
Hey, I made this years ago for something else, but seems fitting here as well! ;)
That's because ultimately there is only chaos... You wait till the Emperor shows his real face, or Tyranids are actually manifestations of the Chaos god of hunger - NomNom!

Reactions: MedMos