What's on your mind?

almic85

Cranky Git
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia

It actually made me think about buying the terrain bundle until I realised it was only really discounting the cardboard tiles.

The games on special look like a good way for them to clear out old stock. Something like a 30% discount if you want to get your hands on them.

Reactions: Space Truckin

Raven Morpheus

Gang Champion
Nov 19, 2017
Earth

Probably just having a stock clearout of the 9 items on sale. But yes quite unusual to see a sale from GW.

I'm more worried that the Steel Legion infantry have been put on last rights (last chance to buy). Seems they're getting squatted. So much for slowly collecting a Steel Legion army, luckily I was/am only collecting it for display and I have 1 squad of infantry models already so I can form a 1000pt Imperial soup (guard, Inquisitor and Grey Knights). No way I'm paying ebay prices for Steel Legion troopers if I want further squads!

Just hoping the Chimera and Sentinel don't go the same way any time soon...

With the recent Kill Team Krieg models though it does make you wonder if they're going to release plastics for Steel Legion, one can only hope!

Last edited:

Scavvierising

Reigning ThunderCube Champion
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
Probably just having a stock clearout of the 9 items on sale. But yes quite unusual to see a sale from GW.

I'm more worried that the Steel Legion infantry have been put on last rights (last chance to buy). Seems they're getting squatted. So much for slowly collecting a Steel Legion army, luckily I was/am only collecting it for display and I have 1 squad of infantry models already so I can form a 1000pt Imperial soup (guard, Inquisitor and Grey Knights). No way I'm paying ebay prices for Steel Legion troopers if I want further squads!

Just hoping the Chimera and Sentinel don't go the same way any time soon...

With the recent Kill Team Krieg models though it does make you wonder if they're going to release plastics for Steel Legion, one can only hope!
They were taken down completely at one point. So it is nice to see them back up for a made to order goodbye.
Since plastic death korp appeared I think it's been on the cards. No need for 2 gas mask and coat wearing IG ranges.

Raven Morpheus

Gang Champion
Nov 19, 2017
Earth
Not sure when they were taken down completely, but I ordered mine last year/early this year, and they've been on GW's site as web order only the last three years at least, although they've had periods when they've sold out.

Saying there's no need for 2 gas mask and coat wearing IG ranges is like saying there's no need for anything but Ultrasmurfs... :LOL:

For what is supposed to be the biggest most diverse imperial army, the guard look very limited, boring and small, at the moment and have gradually gone that way since GW actually put some effort into them during 2nd/3rd edition. The Astartes have a bigger range of stuff, despite supposedly being a small crack elite force compared to the guard! :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: Stoof and JustMark

Scavvierising

Reigning ThunderCube Champion
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
Not sure when they were taken down completely, but I ordered mine last year/early this year, and they've been on GW's site as web order only the last three years at least, although they've had periods when they've sold out.

Saying there's no need for 2 gas mask and coat wearing IG ranges is like saying there's no need for anything but Ultrasmurfs... :LOL:

For what is supposed to be the biggest most diverse imperial army, the guard look very limited, boring and small, at the moment and have gradually gone that way since GW actually put some effort into them during 2nd/3rd edition. The Astartes have a bigger range of stuff, despite supposedly being a small crack elite force compared to the guard! :confused:
Had only been off the site for a very short time. Weeks I believe weren't there when I looked a couple of weeks back.
The coat and masks thing was my impersonation of GW corporate scum overlords. Of course we need them.

Reactions: Raven Morpheus

Heart of Storm

Gang Hero
Mar 8, 2019
I caved and bought 2 of the zone mortalis plastic tilesets, they just look to cool! That gives me 8sq foot of playing area.. I'm now debating getting a 3rd so we can do 3x3' matches without odd "off the grid" corner zones

MusingWarboss

Hive Guilder
Oct 31, 2013
Fun Red Dwarf related fact: Lady Holly and Lister show up in an episode of Lexx Season 4 (and end up dead because this is Lexx)
Fun Father Ted related fact: Frank Kelly (Father Jack Hackett) also turns up in S4 playing another priest who seems to like a drink and thinking about the sins of the flesh.

Reactions: Gunkaiser and Stoof