What's on your mind?

Hope its something like Eisenhorn as opposed to Space Marines related. Not that I'd grumble if it was just a TV adaptation of the Horus Heresy book series or the siege of Vraks.

They've been writing Eisenhorn for years now so I assume that's what he's signed on for. Hopefully he'll keep them close to the source material, it didn't work out so well for him on Witcher.

Reactions: Tiny
A 40k film and/or TV series...

Excited for it and especially for Cavill himself. Especially after all the recent Witcher and Superman news..

Not sure if this is the Eisenhorn thing though Thought Cavill talked about co producing not just signing on to existing project as an actor...

They've been writing Eisenhorn for years now so I assume that's what he's signed on for. Hopefully he'll keep them close to the source material, it didn't work out so well for him on Witcher.
Probably why he's also executive producing. Position like that gives him more creative control than just being an actor in it, as with the Witcher.

Sounds interesting, I hope it goes and does well. If he can retain enough control then perhaps it can escape the current trend of taking an IP and then completely subverting it to the point they may as well have made a different series.

Amazon could be hit or miss, if reports are true Rings of Power was planned to be quite different but then turned into what it is now, which is pseudo Tolkien stuff. Ok if you like it, you like it.

Talking about Tolkein, interesting that GW has rights to those works for tabletop game adaptations and Amazon has just done theirs and now moving onto GWs IP. I wonder if there’s any link or if it’s just pure coincidence??

Eisenhorn would work great as a series. You have the existing stories but also plenty of gaps between the existing stories to fill in. I reckon Cavill would do a great Eisenhorn too. Basically just Geralt in a trenchcoat.

Reactions: Stoof
Eisenhorn would work great as a series. You have the existing stories but also plenty of gaps between the existing stories to fill in. I reckon Cavill would do a great Eisenhorn too. Basically just Geralt in a trenchcoat.

I'd hope they'd do new stuff... Just like how Cowboy Bebop could've actually been interesting if they'd done new content instead of (poorly) rehashing the show's original plotlines...

Reactions: Pagumb
I'd hope they'd do new stuff... Just like how Cowboy Bebop could've actually been interesting if they'd done new content instead of (poorly) rehashing the show's original plotlines...
Which show would they be re-hashing with Eisenhorn?
I guess I'd interpret that as hoping they don't just run through the novels and other published material for Eisenhorn and call it a day. Maybe they weave new stories into the presentation of the original trilogy of novels or treat it like X-Files with monster of the week episodes breaking up the telling of the known stories?

Maybe they weave new stories into the presentation of the original trilogy of novels or treat it like X-Files with monster of the week episodes breaking up the telling of the known stories?

That is pretty much what I'd like to see. Overall narrative of the novels with more in-between stories woven in.

I guess I'd interpret that as hoping they don't just run through the novels and other published material for Eisenhorn and call it a day. Maybe they weave new stories into the presentation of the original trilogy of novels or treat it like X-Files with monster of the week episodes breaking up the telling of the known stories?

This is exactly what I meant... new material would be preferable to adapting existing fiction, for one thing you could more easily adapt it to the medium (with it not already being a TV show).

Today I had a little shock minute1

I wanted to assemble some miniatures and when doing this I have a habit of first cutting out all the parts and presorting them into a pill box with compartments and a lid.

It started with me looking for the number "C52" and couldn't find it. I was sure that I didn't have the part in my hands today, but of course I started looking for it. Sorting box, table, chair, clothes, floor, keyboard, looked everywhere but found nothing. At first I gave it up as lost and thought to myself: "Oh my God, of all things, an important part of a driver. I'm sure I can't get that as a bit anywhere. What am I going to do now?"

Then I calmed down again and suddenly I remembered where it might still be. And sure enough, there was the missing piece.

Of course I was relieved and then I remembered that I had started before and ended up doing something else so I saved it so it wouldn't get lost. Luckily it was harmless in the end, but there were still a few moments of shock. Another time a small component jumped away from me never to be seen again. I've searched everywhere and for a long time, but I couldn't find it anymore and in the meantime the vacuum cleaner will probably swallowed it.

Has something like this or something similar ever happened to you?

I have literally watched a Skitarii arm fall on the floor, bounce, and disappear mid-air. I found it days later, on the complete opposite side of the room from where it fell and bounced.

Now there is probably a very rational explanation for all that, but the Mechanicus isn't all about that rationality nonsense, so I'm assuming that mini builders attract parasitical wormholes that probably lead to that pocket dimension where all the loose change and pens also go.

I hobbied for a long time in a room with a speckled grey carpet 😬. I have learned my lesson, and now hobby in a room with a speckled grey vinyl floor. If I drop a bit, it's probably gone forever.

My hobby room has slightly speckled wine-red carpet, and I have a cat. If I can't find a bit within about 5 minutes of dropping it, it might as well be lost to the Warp. Omnissiah alone knows when or even if it will ever resurface.

On the rare occasion I do find a dropped bit, it’s only after I’ve replaced it with an inferior piece that is firmly glued into place.

There really does seem to be a cosmic timer. If a piece isn’t found right away, it’s gone.

I couldn't find it anymore and in the meantime the vacuum cleaner will probably swallowed it.

I don't want to give the impression that I live knee-deep in filth, but let's just say that it's doubtful that any of my dropped bits have gone up the vacuum cleaner. Where they do go though, I couldn't say. Perhaps best not to look too closely at the carpet...