What's on your mind?

necrons are bad , but cawdor are worse.
you have to glue hands to arms with connecting points the width of a paperclip

I continued to assemble the marines from the recruit edition box. Six models in total and they were a joy to build. Easy peasy without any issues.

Edit:
Now I need to replace the twenty warriors with bots from another manufacturer as the junkyard bases need to be used.

Sooo... I found this YouTube video in German about making your own gaming table, and thought it was a pretty awesome idea. I might try to copy it sometime.

Reactions: Mr. M and Ardavion
TWS is an awesome terrain-building channel! Lots of good and practical ideas that normal hobbyists can do without tons of special tools or expertise.

Reactions: Biggle_Bear
Are there any good photo editors on the market which help to insert backgrounds? I would like to use it to include backdrops of Mars and other planetary sites to allow other photo shoot angles when doing my batreps. Having parts of my living room showing up on the photos destroys the immersion.

Reactions: Biggle_Bear
Are there any good photo editors on the market which help to insert backgrounds? I would like to use it to include backdrops of Mars and other planetary sites to allow other photo shoot angles when doing my batreps. Having parts of my living room showing up on the photos destroys the immersion.
Well, I discussed (mused as the name suggests) on this a while back here:

Post in thread 'MusingWarboss’s Scenery'
https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/musingwarbosss-scenery.10186/post-312718

And it seemed the general consensus was “put up a green screen”, which you should be able to then edit out using the green screen tools in most photo/video editing packages.

Ideally I’d have a physical painted or photoshopped backdrop printed and in the background.

I never got further with my backdrops, though I’d still like to for a similar reason to yourself - just looks better in photos!

Or just a black backdrop.

Reactions: Wasteland
Well, I discussed (mused as the name suggests) on this a while back here:

Post in thread 'MusingWarboss’s Scenery'
https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/musingwarbosss-scenery.10186/post-312718

And it seemed the general consensus was “put up a green screen”, which you should be able to then edit out using the green screen tools in most photo/video editing packages.

Ideally I’d have a physical painted or photoshopped backdrop printed and in the background.

I never got further with my backdrops, though I’d still like to for a similar reason to yourself - just looks better in photos!

Or just a black backdrop.
Canvas painting sounds fun like back in school when doing art class. I need to check how expensive those are.

Edit:
Has Bob Ross ever painted a Martian horizon?

Here is evidence that I didn´t trash all the Necrons from last week. Painting them was very relaxing, easy and fun:

I also play right now Machinarium while on the rust bot project. It gets me in the mood to complete more bots and terrain structures from the box sets.

I always wonder about rusty necrons. Like… how can they move? Surely it’s like when you leave a car for a while and the brakes stick to the disc/drum?

Do they invest heavily in WD40???

These are questions we must know!!!*

*There’s no need to know this.

Canvas painting sounds fun like back in school when doing art class. I need to check how expensive those are.

Edit:
Has Bob Ross ever painted a Martian horizon?
Used a gaming mat as the floor and background here, just used the roll it up at the back method. 😉

I think if you blur backgrounds it’s not too bad.

Here’s another thought based on old White Dwarf info I remember, if your taking photos for bat-reps; take reference photos through the game and then later recreate them using an appropriate backdrop and camera etc.

Unless you’re planning to live stream it, it should yield better results this way.

Reactions: Gunkaiser
Tales from the crypt of artificial scarcity:
You remember me reporting of the fact that I finally got hold of the desired forty 30K IH helmets on the 28th of March? Well, it´s now the 2nd of April and they are all GONE by now. Approximate waiting time for restocking: Five to six months. I kid you not.

• Wow
Reactions: MusingWarboss
£15.50 for 10?!?! and extremely hard to actually buy when you do want to pay that? Hmmmm nope I’ll pass!

Ill not link here but there’s a multitude of options out there for the choosing. No wonder the God Emperor doesn’t allow replicators on his Gothic battleships…..

Reactions: Aulenback
Tales from the crypt of artificial scarcity:
You remember me reporting of the fact that I finally got hold of the desired forty 30K IH helmets on the 28th of March? Well, it´s now the 2nd of April and they are all GONE by now. Approximate waiting time for restocking: Five to six months. I kid you not.
Well that is just awful service. This is why they need print on demand.

It would take less time than that to print some off and have them post the lot to you!!

Which may or may not be a hint as to your next course of action… 😉

Reactions: Aulenback
Well that is just awful service. This is why they need print on demand.

It would take less time than that to print some off and have them post the lot to you!!

Which may or may not be a hint as to your next course of action… 😉
You basically need to check every day, if something is back in stock. I am glad that the AoD project can begin next week when my helmets arrive. You know the stuff people did all over youtube in 2022? Tackle the AoD and try to build and paint it over the course of one weekend. I will probably fail but how bad of a failure it will be will determine my success, if this makes any kind of sense. LOL!