What's on your mind?

I want to get a purple spray primer. My lgs only seem to have Army Painter rattle cans, and maybe black and white from citadel. Any experience with AP spray primer on the 'tribe?
I do, and not a good one. I used their black on a cool centre piece model and it came out a bit glossy. So glossy it repelled paint.
It ruined the model for me and I have not got anything made by AP since.

I am aware that many people swear by AP stuff, though.

• Sad
Reactions: MedMos
I use the AP white primer and clear coat and haven't had any problems. For colored spray cans though I use Vallejo as those are the paints I use so I want colors to match. No problems with them at all.

I have found AP cans to be a mixed bag depending on colour. Never had a problem with white, grey or desert yellow. I've had black and army green come up all lumpy/gritty when drying.

(Good luck @Punktaku, everything will work out fine)

Reactions: Punktaku and MedMos
Thanks, guys. I've had a few issues with coverage of some of their speed paints, so a little wary. Might have to forgo the local shop this time...

Last edited:
I want to get a purple spray primer. My lgs only seem to have Army Painter rattle cans, and maybe black and white from citadel. Any experience with AP spray primer on the 'tribe?
I found their nozzles to bung quite quickly - as in, while you’re using it. None of that “turn upside down and spray till clear” business either - literally as it’s being used it just… splutters out.

At that point it’s dead, you can’t clear it.

Plenty of people will give you the usual advice on operating temperatures, upside down cleaning, shaking it until you get vibration white finger syndrome etc.

Unfortunately AP cans just seem to be a gamble, some people get them and they work, others get them and they’re knackered after first spray.

I sometimes wonder if there’s a correlation between how long they’ve been sat and possibly the country they’re being used in? AP always makes them look fine when they use them but I bet they’re fresh cans, not sat in a dusty model shop for weeks or months or years.

I think… some just go bad.

However other cans from other manufacturers don’t seem to do this or need the fuss - never had any issues with car primers, Citadels sprays were ok but expensive (Matt varnish aside) however my current favourite is Colour Forge, which match to the citadel line pretty closely.

Always seem to have good results from them. 👍🏻

If people haven't found Cantina Thirteen I've just seen some of his music videos and thought they were brilliant. Bunch of covers with tabletop gaming lyrics added.

If people haven't found Cantina Thirteen I've just seen some of his music videos and thought they were brilliant. Bunch of covers with tabletop gaming lyrics added.
hilarious. Thanks for sharing that.

Decided to come out to McD’s for a break.

There’s a guy sat opposite of me, probably around his 30s, with a full laptop on the table - nothing too odd with that, but it’s the fact that he’s holed up with an extra keyboard, a lap blanket, got his headphones on and best of all - he’s brought a full range of condiments with him!!

Not joking, I see classic Heinz Ketchup, Himalayan pink rock salt, black pepper and another I can’t identify too. 🤣

He’s really settled in for the day!!

EDIT:

Last edited:
aye up yak, quick question if you dont mind, i have found some lovely traitor guardsmen models on the interweb a while back , but lost them again , then recently saw one of the models in again, any idea what the model range is ?

Attachments

• Screenshot%202024-06-09%20213835.jpg
    Screenshot%202024-06-09%20213835.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Decided to come out to McD’s for a break.

There’s a guy sat opposite of me, probably around his 30s, with a full laptop on the table - nothing too odd with that, but it’s the fact that he’s holed up with an extra keyboard, a lap blanket, got his headphones on and best of all - he’s brought a full range of condiments with him!!

Not joking, I see classic Heinz Ketchup, Himalayan pink rock salt, black pepper and another I can’t identify too. 🤣

He’s really settled in for the day!!

EDIT:
Judge Dredd: "Where is the squatter, creep?"
Fearful Civilian: "Over there hiding under a mountain of empty burger packages and drinking containers."

aye up yak, quick question if you dont mind, i have found some lovely traitor guardsmen models on the interweb a while back , but lost them again , then recently saw one of the models in again, any idea what the model range is ?

The owner has responded :D

Artel W, miniatures called Crimson Legion

https://www.beastsofwar.com/news/crimson-legion-artel-w-miniatures/