What's on your mind?

Space Truckin

Gang Hero
Dec 16, 2015
Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI
Giving up
Or giving in...
got to claw back some personal, family and hobby time in my life. I'm giving in and hiring a few day laborers to help work on big home building projects. They start tomorrow morning.

My time management skills suck. I love doing this kinda DIY work but it's time to move it along keep the wife happy etc. Plus this work thing gets in the way 5 days a week.

So yeah weird feeling that I'm giving in or kinda defeated but still getting a new patio space off our bedroom without breaking my back. So yeah that's kind of a win right?

sump dweller

Mr Fancy Pants
Honored Tribesman
Sep 6, 2014
County Kerry - Ireland
So yeah weird feeling that I'm giving in or kinda defeated but still getting a new patio space off our bedroom without breaking my back. So yeah that's kind of a win right?
Look at it this way - you work five days a week, so you have money to pay them to work for you (thus helping the local economic situation and saving you busting your hump effectively working two jobs.)

Big win for you, your family, the guys you employ and presumably their families too.

After all, you don't worry about the food that you eat not being stuff that you grew or raised yourself right? You just buy it from a shop and eat it. Why should this be any different?

Reactions: Space Truckin

Blood Donor

Executive Officer in Charge of the 2014 Bake Sale
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Aug 23, 2011
Golden, British Columbia, Canada
Giving up
Or giving in......hiring a few day laborers to help work on big home building projects... weird feeling that I'm giving in or kinda defeated but still getting a new patio space off our bedroom without breaking my back. So yeah that's kind of a win right?

That is absolutely winning. I don't think there is shame in getting help on any project, and every point you had on how life gets busy and its hard to manage large projects is legit. That you reduced the amount of work to be done at hired cost certainly plays into the project, and the "personal/family time" (and of course even hobby time) is better time spent than wearing a tool belt and ripping the sleeves off your tshirt and drinking a Liquid Sunshine. After writing that it sounds less absolutely true but I stand by it! :D:D

Check out this GW new model, looks like a bad day for music:
Infernal Enrapturess
I included a picture: what I did was right click on the image on the GW site and then used the embed image button on the posting toolbar. Figured it would be helpful versus just mentioning the name of the miniature, so I added this posting walkthrough for everyone wanting to share up some pics that isn't quite sure how can see how some of the forum tools work (just don't get me started on embedded hyperlinks :rolleyes::cool::cool::cool: I think they are awesome :D:D ...). It is quite the miniature, certainly a bit more grim dark than a Space Marine's more PG rated framing of the 40K universe.

99129915053_DoSInfernalEnrapturess01.jpg

Reactions: Stoof and Kitcar

sump dweller

Mr Fancy Pants
Honored Tribesman
Sep 6, 2014
County Kerry - Ireland
I am just trying to imagine the dull strumming noise that that 'instrument' makes when she plays it (perhaps accompanied by screams? I don't know, maybe he likes it and he groans along :sick: )

ThreeDice

Gang Hero
May 27, 2014
Giving up
Or giving in...
got to claw back some personal, family and hobby time in my life. I'm giving in and hiring a few day laborers to help work on big home building projects. They start tomorrow morning.

My time management skills suck. I love doing this kinda DIY work but it's time to move it along keep the wife happy etc. Plus this work thing gets in the way 5 days a week.

Mate, this is the good stuff; home getting sorted, family on side, work ticking along. Have fun with it! Due to my circumstances, I've been held up two months on a stupidly simple job that has me busting a gut now and effecting my health and other work. I'd give blood to get some labour in, or even just a cute tea maid. You're not taking a loss, you're doing the right thing to keep on an even keel. More power to ye, and hopefully you get some more time for R&R when the bulk is done.

Reactions: Blood Donor

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
I am just trying to imagine the dull strumming noise that that 'instrument' makes when she plays it (perhaps accompanied by screams? I don't know, maybe he likes it and he groans along :sick: )
I would think each note would vibrate the bones against one another, creating varying degrees of pain determined by the frequency of vibration. The actual noise it makes may be the screaming of the instrument.... blehgh. Guess the octave...

Reactions: sump dweller

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
GW's naming scheme is a continuing effort on their part to obfuscate the rules and what you are painting with. My paint bottles have words on them that anyone can understand without having to translate from hip gamester talk. Words like "Flat Black", and "Gloss Red". It's funny but no one has tried to rename any color names to a different name other than GW in my experience. Between the cost and confusion over what color is in the GW bottles I avoid them.

Soapbox city. :D

EDIT: OK, lots of folks rename colors. to my confusion.

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
pre thinning their paint with “Viscosity” and Lab coats
Viscosity is very important. If you want some I am offering it to fellow yakkers for the cheap $4.00 per gallon. This is guaranteed to last you a lifetime of viscosity needs. Note that this product is not available in stores. For a short time only you can get a second gallon of viscosity for only $1.00 more plus shipping and handling of course. {insert picture of "Smiling Bob" for Enzyte here, but in a lab coat.} AND if you mention this advertisement you will get a free entry into the 2019 Sweepyaks, where the main prize is a chance to smile.
th?id=OIP.Ju6y2DFVSy82Qa1r5R5yqAEfDZ&pid=3.jpg

Tiny

Hive Guilder
Tribe Council
Jul 12, 2011
South Wales, UK
www.tinyworlds.co.uk
The new contrast paints appear to be very similar to an ink mixed with glaze medium. I look forward to giving them a proper try though.

Best part of the system for me is the nice smooth off-white primer.