What's on your mind?

Galtarr

Gang Champion
Mar 1, 2017
Just realised that amongst the jobs I've nearly run out of time for before holiday. Is work out if theres any US stuff worth ordering before visiting family in Colorado. Besides Mad robot stuff ofc... you know all that stuff that looks tempting until you see shipping costs to UK....

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
Just realised that amongst the jobs I've nearly run out of time for before holiday. Is work out if theres any US stuff worth ordering before visiting family in Colorado. Besides Mad robot stuff ofc... you know all that stuff that looks tempting until you see shipping costs to UK....
But then you have to leave room in you luggage, don't get crushed, etc. etc. I don't buy from the UK much because of the shipping. California is farther, but cheaper. Perhaps if the UK finally admits it and becomes one of the 51 United States of America. Of course only one senate vote, not two like most states.... :D

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
I’ve finally got Kill Team. The rules. Yay!!! Only months late but I do at least have people I can play with and model I can use!

I also picked up some Contrast Paint as the bandwagon was rolling by. So far... ok. I like the Apothecary White, it’s going to speed up my Biel Tan repaint. The others I got, Ork Green and Black Templar are fine but do seem like a thick wash.

I’m still going to have to highlight them but it may speed up the process a little. I think I’m too used to doing things quicker in other ways though.

I did try adding some ink 50/50 to raw contrast medium (on a pallete). Works just the same.

Reactions: Ben_S

Kitcar

Gang Hero
Jan 3, 2017
St. Louis, Illinois, USA
. I like the Apothecary White,
What color is Apothecary White? Is it flat or glossy? Is it tinged another color? I always used flat white to paint my apothecaries (2), but as they are not part of Space Wolves, I never could include them....

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
It’s grey. Doesn’t seem glossy at all. It’s a grey glaze-wash basically.

If you use the new primer/undercoats you’ll have a choice of very light grey or cream.

You can use a white but it’ll depend on how gritty it is as to the finish. My test with a car primer was ok but I hear good things about polyurethane primers designed for airbrush (like Vallejo or Badger).

You'll still need a highlight for best finish though whatever.

Reactions: Ben_S

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Last day at work today... I'll use a couple weeks vacation with the family, trying to wrap my head around my new role as a stay-at-home dad. I'll have to figure out some way to make just a little cash, while being at home with the little ones. And start using the land a lot more, there is a wealth of untapped potential out there!

prewarsalad

Gang Champion
Dec 22, 2015
newcastle
Last day at work today... I'll use a couple weeks vacation with the family, trying to wrap my head around my new role as a stay-at-home dad. I'll have to figure out some way to make just a little cash, while being at home with the little ones. And start using the land a lot more, there is a wealth of untapped potential out there!
Play the long game and get some fruit trees in.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
the best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago or today

1 comments

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
Randomly checking out concerts in Spotify today and discovered that Oranssi Pazuzu are coming to Philadelphia, PA in October (only 2 hours drive) and tickets go on sale tomorrow. One of my favorite ever music creators are actually coming to the US and close by, I never ever thought I'd see them live. I'm very excited but have no idea who would actually want to come and see them with me... they're not exactly the kind of music anyone I know would enjoy.

Reactions: MedMos

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Personally I'd go to practically any concert (depending on price), live is just an experience! Any friends/coworkers ready to expand their horizon?

1 comments

Malo

YakTribe Mechanicum
Staff member
Yak Founder
Feb 17, 2011
York, PA, USA
yaktribe.games
We'll see after I send them some songs to listen to lol. Price isn't an issue for the bands I usually see, $20-30/ticket compared to my wife's concerts at $80+ per ticket.

• Haha
Reactions: MedMos

The Duke

of the Grim-Dark and The Lord of Lawful-Evil
Yak Comp 1st Place
Honored Tribesman
Jan 23, 2015
London
@MancInventor and @maxwellrpower have been quiet too. @TakUnderhand was back, and now isn’t... @The Duke too... @Jaws hasn’t posted any nightmare inducing horrors in awhile too...
I'm still here - super busy with work these days (turns-out building two houses and a restaurant takes-up alot fo your time!) - I miss the good times I have when I'm here tho! - have no fear, I will return soon (with glad-tidings omens and portents from the world that was...)

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
(Miniatures related musing)

Do you ever just wish you had more bodies. Damn GW and their limited supply. :D I sometime come up with ideas for (possibly) silly weapon configurations because Necromunda is fun and should be the sort of place where a lunatic with a cool looking design should exist! But the limitation of bodies means I often just try to play relatively safe and not end up with a mini that gets little attention.

At this point I’m half tempted to homebrew a few spares just so I can make use of my growing arms collection!!

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
The spare arms are useful if you can source alternative bodies from somewhere. Just before the death of WFB, I was planning a dark elf arm where I was going to use the old warrior bodies with arms from the executioners and black guard (is that the right name?)

More of a pain for something like Necromunda, since the bodies are more unique.

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
It's so hard not to gush about what's coming up, but it would be bad of me to flood the forum with a torrent of information. It might just be a drop in the ocean though when the floodgates open. Some drip is bound to try and stop me splashing our plans everywhere...

...moist.