What's on your mind?

MusingWarboss

Gang Hero
Oct 31, 2013
(Miniatures related musing)

Do you ever just wish you had more bodies. Damn GW and their limited supply. :D I sometime come up with ideas for (possibly) silly weapon configurations because Necromunda is fun and should be the sort of place where a lunatic with a cool looking design should exist! But the limitation of bodies means I often just try to play relatively safe and not end up with a mini that gets little attention.

At this point I’m half tempted to homebrew a few spares just so I can make use of my growing arms collection!!

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
The spare arms are useful if you can source alternative bodies from somewhere. Just before the death of WFB, I was planning a dark elf arm where I was going to use the old warrior bodies with arms from the executioners and black guard (is that the right name?)

More of a pain for something like Necromunda, since the bodies are more unique.

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Just come second in a Bolter and Chainsword comp!! :)

With the help of @Kommissar Shriken (and some minor hinderance from @radulykan :p ) we managed to completely dominate a Toll Crossing and snatch a lucrative Chem Pit from house Cawdor in Sludge City!:so slimy you have to wash twice! (now also Chaos Infested)

And thanks again to @Ranulf for inviting us and orchestrating such a grand event! Great times!

Glory to The Tribe! Praise the Yak!!!

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
The way it worked was that you had to declare what you were going to be painting, for which faction and in which territory. Then as you completed your ‘boasts’ you scored a point for the faction in that territory. There was no limits on models, numbers or kind, but if you hadn’t completed by the end of the event then your points would go to The Narco Lord! (Technically the bad guy)

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
I lost by 4 points, how many points did you score right at the end?? :unsure:
Where was Stroundenmire when I needed him eh? ;):LOL::cool:

Reactions: radulykan

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Do you ever just wish you had more bodies. Damn GW and their limited supply.
If anyone's interested, I saw someone on eBay selling boxes of Oathmark humans and goblins with all the bodies on sprue but most of the arms and heads missing. I was curious as to what they've done with the arms, but if anyone had already made one box they could probably use the spares from that to complete a second.

CaptainDangerous

Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
I like to think that we travelled over there as some kind of nerdy olympics team! (You could say I’m almost the Daily Thompson of my time :p )
But we were invited there - I’m a Yak till I die! (...or I get kicked out)

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
The other day MrsMos suddenly showed me a random picture of a random woman, without further comment. I showed polite interest, and asked what I was looking at. "Oh, I just wanted you to see her breasts. They're alright, don't you think?"

It turns out it was a woman from a facebook group of women having had a baby at roughly the same time as one of ours. From my wifes pow it was appreciation of a healthy body after childbirth and breastfeeding.

Now it is simply "that time MrsMos showed me random breasts".