What's on your mind?

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
ah, cool. so both are options. i think it’s an Army Painter product, because FLGS had every other thing from Vallejo but the flow improver...

Reactions: Stoof
Mar 6, 2018
Tübingen, Deutschland
I just regret that I will never have the opportunity to visit Warhammer World between 02.12.2019 and 23.12.2019 and see the new exhibition titled "New Necromunda Diorama - Dark Uprising".

This will probably be the terrain that we saw in the Designer Interview Video for some small promising fantastic excerpts.

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
Reactions: Punktaku and Tiny
Not sure if this is the right place, but it has been on my mind since I decided to maybe join the newest Yakcomp (in spirit, because I'm super late, but I'm feeling inspired here). I have this old WHFB Hydra. The Finecast one, yes the one that couldn't hold paint to save its life unless you marinated it in soap for weeks and had not a single part that wasn't warped. That one.

Anyway, what do you fine people think, what's cooler?:
  • A mutated sump-Hydra with a forest of tentacles behind its forest of heads and weird half-molten human features across its ar-TORSO?
  • A runaway cyber-Hydra with suitably grimdark cyber-doodads and drug injection systems sticking out every which way and the odd inexplicable smokestack?

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
cyber hydra! i wanna see one!

edit: oh, and since no one else has said it: you can just respond to the Yakcomp threads with intent to join and can (should) post WIP pics and stuff on the thread itself too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aulenback

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Major find digging through the storage!
BFE908D1-6717-48A6-B4CB-B1D0594D0962.jpeg

But... Still no Rogue Trader... I thought for sure it was in this box, so I grabbed it while pulling out more Christmas decorations... Foiled again. But there was tons of cool stuff in this box. Earthdawn, Shadowrun, many codex, the above books (what edition of WFB is that anyway?!?) and both Chaos books (LatD, StD). Time to break out my reading glasses. Ok, I lied... I’m old... I have bifocals... shut it, you.

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
The Armies book is 3rd ed WFB. I’m not sure what version of a Fantasy Roleplay that is. I always thought the red compendium was Rogue Trader - just in a different format with some tweaks over the first hardback book.

2 comments
Reactions: Aulenback and spafe

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
nah, it’s not even close (which is why I always thought the compendium was 2nd Edition until shown otherwise). For one thing, Rogue Trader force lists were made entirely of.individuals.

Reactions: Stoof

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
so I just noticed something that I wonder if anyone else has picked up on or heard anything about...

Dark Vengeance cultists have that weird dangly icon thing, like a cog.

I just noticed a Blackstone Fortress mini has the same cog-thing. Are all chaos cultists part of the same cult?

or is this cog-thing the poor cultists’ 8-pointed star icon?

almic85

Gang Hero
Oct 30, 2014
Palmerston, ACT, Australia
Major find digging through the storage!
View attachment 100655
But... Still no Rogue Trader... I thought for sure it was in this box, so I grabbed it while pulling out more Christmas decorations... Foiled again. But there was tons of cool stuff in this box. Earthdawn, Shadowrun, many codex, the above books (what edition of WFB is that anyway?!?) and both Chaos books (LatD, StD). Time to break out my reading glasses. Ok, I lied... I’m old... I have bifocals... shut it, you.
mad fat as I know both the Warhammer 40,000 Compendium and the Freebooterz books are rogue trader supplements.
If they are dated before 1993 then they are 1st edition or rogue trader. 93-98 is second edition.