What's on your mind?

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
The 9yo said today he'd like his own gang. So we sat down for a bit, and I told him a bit about the available gangs (NCE). He fairly quickly decided on Orlocks (perfect, as it is one of the gangs I don't plan to own), but he then said it might be cool if they were dwarves. It might be because I mentioned they were miners, but anyway, I think that is an awesome idea! So quick search, showed him some Kharadron Overlords and we seem to have settled on a box of Arkanaut Company kitbashed with weapons from Neophyte Hybrids. Next step is him saving up quite a bit of allowance... I really just want to get started! :ROFLMAO: 😁

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Yes, I think it's a very cool project. I have a feeling someone else must have done something similar, but a quick search didn't reveal anything.

Reactions: Aulenback

Aulenback

Gang Hero
Mar 29, 2016
Halifax, NS, Canada
The cool thing about a converted squat gang like that is you could use the squat miner rules or just count-as Orlock or Van Saar, so really you have several gangs in one.
And if it is helpful or of interest, I updated the Hi Ho! List to make a better fit with Kharadron Overlords minis instead of Fantasy Dorfs. Grav chutes and grapnels and shotguns abound.

It is here in the vault, with some images in my Pit slaves thread.

Reactions: MedMos
Mar 6, 2018
Tübingen, Deutschland
On Thursday, January 16th, 2020, I unfortunately missed the live broadcast "Necromunda Battle Report Venators vs Goliaths" on Twitch.

I would be happy if someone could tell us what was the most important insight or maybe something new in their opinion. Thank you.

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I vaguely remember an old White Dwarf recounting a wizardly battle between Jake Thornton and Gav Thorpe. IIRC, they randomly assigned the eight colleges of magic to level 1, 2, 3, and 4 wizards each and then just duked it out using the WFB magic rules of the time (5th edition?)

Anyone know of anything similar, that gives you a good excuse to use lots of wizards?

I just bought the female wizards for Frostgrave. I already had three sprues of the male ones, so that's officially 20 spellcasters - but in practice I've made at least another five out of just the first sprue...

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
I don't know of any excuses to use a lot of wizards, except this: "Wizards!"
Always a favorite of mine, since the days of AD&D 2nd ed. back in high-school. Books and scrolls were the most exciting treasures I could ever come across.
Maybe a Thundercube style tournament for all those Frostgrave wizards could be fun? I don't really know the system... But I guess you'd need quite a few players for something like that.

Reactions: Ben_S

Galtarr

Gang Champion
Mar 1, 2017
December's White Dwarf had a game spellflux spire for 4 wizards. rules could be expanded for more I guess

Reactions: Ben_S

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Yeah, I guess something like that could be fun. One trouble is not all spells would be so useful for such a scenario. The other is I'd need about a dozen players none of whom had their own wizard models...

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
here’s one Iv just made up...

Assuming you would be playing against one opponent:
*each team starts with 10 wizards (the dungeon is enchanted so they can’t cast spells at first)
*each deploy all their team on a table edge, directly opposite the opponent.
*10 objective markers are placed (could be chests/piles of gold/owt really because it’s all just magic) and must be at least 8“ away from a wizard.
*the first wizard to reach an objective choses a spell, for the rest of the game that spell can be cast by all!
*new spells are chosen for each objective, until all objectives are taken.
*once the last spell has been chosen, any wizard that is still in the game and didnt open a chest, is instantly turned into a frog. (All stats become 1)
*normal physical combat is allowed and encouraged.
*the game ends until there is only one team remaining.

itll probibly need a bit refining, but that’s the gist!
Its working title is WEIRDY BEARDIES

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Yeah, Robo Rally is great. And those boards could perhaps be used for Necromunda too. Never thought of that until I saw them here.