N18 When a Dark Ritual Creates a Spawn - Chaos Helot Cults

Flybyeknight

Nov 26, 2015
Tokyo, Japan
Dear YakTribe,

What is the consensus regarding when a cultist or disciple in a Helot Cult or (or fighter in a Chaos corrupted gang) is turned into a spawn as the result of a dark ritual? Does the gang get to keep their weapons and equipment as if they died (either on the battlefield or at the doc’s)?

The rules do not mention this issue at all, so I would be inclined to allow it, since the fighter is probably not carrying their equipment during the ritual and it would be performed at the gang’s hideout, so it would be easily retrievable if not stashed already during the ritual.

Thorgor

Of The YAQ
Oct 12, 2015
Sevres 92130 France
Book of ruin, page 28:
If one of a Cult Gang’s fighters is turned into a Chaos Spawn, they are effectively slain. They are deleted from the gang’s roster, and any equipment they were carrying is lost.
Not sure what it means exactly for fighters with mutliple fighter cards though.

Reactions: Ben_S

Hawkins44

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
I'd say, RAW, in this case, if a single fighter has more cards (several weapon loadouts), all of them are lost.

Although you can house rule it the only recently used loadout (or a random one) is lost, as the rest of the guns are somewhere in his locker, and are recovered afterward.

Flybyeknight

Nov 26, 2015
Tokyo, Japan
I'd say, RAW, in this case, if a single fighter has more cards (several weapon loadouts), all of them are lost.

Although you can house rule it the only recently used loadout (or a random one) is lost, as the rest of the guns are somewhere in his locker, and are recovered afterward.
Yeah, I’d say RAW the fighter loses all their equipment across multiple cards.