WHQ: Blackstone Fortress

Discussion in 'WarHammer Quest' started by Ml2sjw, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Space Truckin

Space Truckin Gang Hero

A little bit cheaper on ebay. I've got way too much to paint as it is bit I really love this model.

Aulenback likes this.
  2. prewarsalad

prewarsalad Ganger

Has anyone mentioned Inquisitor Sherlock Obi wan Clouseau?

3. Space Truckin

Space Truckin Gang Hero

In relation to BSF? Or just from old rogue trader days?

Aulenback likes this.
  4. prewarsalad

prewarsalad Ganger

Getting him into BSF?

5. Stoof

Stoof Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
    Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place

My Ambull pack arrived today - looks like a nice model, and the borewyrms are nice too. Could use a few more of those as counts-as Millisaurs for Necromunda (eyes up bluestuff). Rules for this separate quest seem to be almost as water-tight as the core game, but there are a couple of things that aren't quite clear:

• Ambulls & Borewyrms treat other hostiles as if they were explorers (i.e. they'll attack them given the opportunity). Hostiles in turn treat Ambulls as explorers. There's a hole in that neat little exchange though - RAW other hostiles will not treat Borewyrms as explorers. I'm not sure if this is an oversight, or if it's intentional that even if they're in the process of being nommed on by a big maggot critter, other hostiles won't fight back. The two rules are stated immediately after one another, so it seems like an unlikely oversight, yet if it's true it's very strange. It's easy enough to just go through your order of operations to determine what they will do if they genuinely disregard the creature that is trying to chew their leg off, but logically I feel they should just fight the flippin' wyrm :LOL:

• The Sett VII Precipice add-on space station thing has two sides - under construction and completed. I assume this is for a specific reason, and completion is triggered somehow, but it doesn't appear to be mentioned anywhere. It tells you to place it incomplete side up, then it's never mentioned again.

Oh, and I guess there will be at least four expansions, purely based on how the Sett VII integrates with the Precipice board.

Ardavion and Sethmerlin666 like this.
  6. Sethmerlin666

Sethmerlin666 Gang Hero
    Honored Tribesman Yak Comp 1st Place

I haven't got one yet but have watched a play through, i believe it is completed when you collect enough ambull parts to complete it's research, then it becomes another trading vessel complete with unique equipment.

Stoof and Aulenback like this.
  7. Stoof

That doesn't appear to be mentioned anywhere in the books in the set. I guess that might be what's in the secret envelope I haven't opened.

8. Sethmerlin666

Sethmerlin666 Gang Hero
    Honored Tribesman Yak Comp 1st Place

yeh i reckon so. gotta complete the main mission to get that detail

9. Gunkaiser

Gunkaiser Ganger

So can you mix in the encounter deck with the regular one or does it work differently? (I'm trying to determine how it works in a regular campaign)

10. Stoof

The exploration/encounter cards have different symbols at the bottom left - a black Ambull head or a purple one with a triangle behind it. The black ones you can just shuffle into your encounter deck during regular games to add variety. It says to exclude the purple ones.

#330 Stoof, Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Space Truckin and Aulenback like this.
  11. cogetama

cogetama Ganger

Has anyone read the novel AND played the game? Will I rob myself of anything if I read the novel before I play the game?

Stoof likes this.
  12. Stoof

Nah, you'll be fine. It's a big ol' batch of extended fluff really and won't spoil the game. It's also pretty good, though the author does like to call a spade a manual earth reallocation and removal enabelment component and there were several words I admit I had to look up. There is a niggling sense he was just being wilfully difficult with some of his writing. But maybe that's just me :LOL:

13. cogetama

cogetama Ganger

cheers. I'm now well passed the first half of the book. I like it a lot. I also got used to the "complex" vocabulary.

The setting of Precipice and the Blackstone Fortress is so 40k Mordheim.

Space Truckin and Stoof like this.
  14. HiveJive81

HiveJive81 Ganger

So, I've been trying to see if anyone has a 'formula' for brewing up custom adventurers that isn't "use something similar to the included adventurers", because we're discussing doing 2 and 3 man Deathwatch teams, or maybe running a Boarding Party of Scions with an Inquisitor, or something like that.

Anyone got anything?

Space Truckin likes this.
  15. Aulenback

Aulenback Gang Hero

Personally, I want to play through more of it to look for synchronicities, but if you track back through I think THIS thread, someone did a breakdown of dice odds and the core explorer characters.

Edit: apparently not this thread. Another thread here. Will search for it while you search for it.

Edit too: aha! It IS this thread!

WHQ: Blackstone Fortress
    and Thorgor’s following posts down that page.

#335 Aulenback, Mar 21, 2019 at 12:20 AM
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019 at 10:53 AM
    Stoof likes this.
  16. HiveJive81

HiveJive81 Ganger

That helps narrow it down quite a bit.

Aulenback and Stoof like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice