Winter has Come, NCE

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
Winter has Come

Lore:
Profecies of ancestral hive spirits has seeing three major event. A rise of undisputed primogenus Petyr "The Terrible" Melchor, formidable slave rebellien lead by fierce Jack "King of Slaves" Hammer and arrival of fast food franchise Hive guys. Earthquakes will shake the hive, many will die, many will prevail. New domes are exposed as old ones are destroyed. Black dust covers everything!

Introduction:
In short our previous ongoing campaing was Winter is Coming and it was with LRB. Now some of us in my local gaming club have though that it is time to change to NCE and at the same time reset all the gangs. I am still running the Under the Dome, and since I am non playing arbitrator my Necromunda gaming has received a little blow. Sadly players in that special campaign probably play it to end before joining to our new campaign.

Ruleset

Participants

Retired

Battles

• 23.10.2015, Gang Fight, Toxic Leftovers vs. Venators, Venators Wins
  • 24.9.2015, 3ppl Tortured captive, House Harkonnen vs. Toxic Leftovers vs. Sepulchral Aura, House Harkonnen Wins
  • 6.9.2015, Runningman Alley Game, House Harkonnen vs. Hive Holers, Hive Holers win
  • 3.9.2015, Gang Fight House Harkonnen vs Children of Creation, House Harkonnen wins.
  • 31.8.2015, Shoot Out House Harkonnen vs Feral Hobos,House Harkonnen wins.
  • 31.8.2015, Shoot Out, House Harkonnen vs Feral Hobos,House Harkonnen wins.
  • 30.8.2015, Gang Fight, House Harkonnen vs Feral Hobos,House Harkonnen wins.
  • 28.8.2015, 4ppl Scavengers, House Harkonnen vs. Toxic Leftovers vs. Children of Creation vs. Sepulchral Aura, House Harkonnen wins.
  • 27.8.2015, 4ppl Gang Fight, House Harkonnen vs. Toxic Leftovers vs. Children of Creation vs. Sepulchral Aura, House Harkonnen wins.
  • 23.8.2015, Tortured Captive, House Harkonnen vs. Explorer Chaos Pack, House Harkonnen Wins
  • 19.8.2015, Runningman - Alley Game, House Harkonnen vs. Hive Holes, ?
  • 18.8.2015, Gang Fight, House Harkonnen vs. Hive Holes, House Harkonnen Wins
  • 18.8.2015, Shoot out, House Harkonnen vs. Hive Holes, House Harkonnen Wins
  • 18.8.2015, Tortured Captive, House Harkonnen vs. Holy Rollers, House Harkonnen Wins
  • 8.9..2015, 3 ppl Scavengers, House Harkonnen vs. Children of Creation vs. Toxic Leftovers, Toxic Leftovers winds
  • 8.9..2015, 4 ppl Gang Fight, House Harkonnen vs. Children of Creation vs. Explorer Chaos Pack vs. Toxic Leftovers, Children of Creation winds
  • 8.9.2015, Gang Fight, Children of Creation vs. Explorer Chaos Pack, Children of Creation
  • 6.8.2015, Running Man - Alley Game, House Harkonnen, vs. Toxic Leftovers, Toxic Leftovers wins
  • 5.8.2015, Scavengers,House Harkonnen vs. Toxic Leftovers,House Harkonnen wins
  • 5.8.2015, Gang Fight, House Harkonnen vs. Toxic Leftovers, House Harkonnen, wins
  • 1.8.2015, 4 ppl Gang Fight, House Harkonnen, vs. Holy Rollers, vs. Children of Creation vs. Explorer Chaos Pack, House Harkkonnen wins - Battle Report
  • 28.7.2015, The Hunters, House Harkonnen vs. Venators, Venators wins - Battle Report (last picture)
  • 27.7.2015, Archeotech Rush (modified), House Harkonnen vs. Feral Hobos vs. Venators vs. Sense/Net, Sense/Net wins - Battle Report
  • 22.7.2015, 3 ppl Scavengers, The Red Tribe vs. Venators vs. Children of Creation, Venators Wins
  • 22.7.2015, 3 ppl Gang Fight, The Red Tribe vs. Venators vs. Children of Creation, The Red Tribe Wins
  • 16.7 Rescue Mission, Sense/Net vs. Feral Hobos, Feral Hobos wins
  • 12.7.2015, 3ppl Sell Off, The Red Tribe vs. Venators vs. Sense/Net, Venators Wins
  • 12.7.2015, 3ppl Scavengers, The Red Tribe vs. Venators vs. Sense/Net, The Red Tribe Wins
  • 12.7.2015, Ambush, Sense/Net vs. Venators, Sense/Net wins
  • 10.7.2015, Bar Fight, The Red Tribe vs. Venators, The Red Tribe Win
  • 10.7.2015, Escape, The Red Tribe vs. Venators, Venators Win
  • 10.7.2015, Heist, The Red Tribe vs. Venators, Venators Win
  • 8.7.2015, Scavengers, Sense/Net vs. Holy Rollers, Sense/Net wins
  • 8.7.2015, Shoot Out, Sense/Net vs Holy Rollers, Holy Rollers win
  • 5.7.2015, Lair of the Beast, Sense/Net vs. Feral Hobos. Sense/Net Wins
  • 5.7.2015, Shoot Out, Venators vs. Holy Rollers, Venators Wins
  • 5.7.2015, Scavengers, Venators vs. Holy Rollers, Venators Wins
  • 3.7.2025, Shoot Out, The Red Tribe vs. Venators. The Red Tribe Wins
  • 2.7.2015, Lair of The Beast, The Red Tribe vs. Venators vs. Sense/Net, The Red Tribe Wins
  • 1.7.2015, Shoot Out, The Red Tribe vs. Children of Creation, The Red Tribe Wins
  • 29.6.2015, Gang Fight, Children of Creation vs. Holy Rollers. Children of Creation wins
  • 29.6.2015, Hit&Run, Sense/Net vs. Feral Hobos. Feral Hobos Wins
  • 28.6.2015, Lair of The Beast, Sense/Net vs. Feral Hobos. Feral Hobos Wins
  • 27.6.2015, 3ppl Gang Fight, The Red Tribe vs. Children of Creation vs. Feral Hobos, The Red Tribe Wins
  • 21.6.2015, Shoot Out, The Red Tribe vs. Venators , The Red Tribe wins]
  • 21.6.2015, Ambush / Rescue, The Red Tribe vs. Venators , Venators wins]
  • 16.6.2015, Gang Fight, Sense/Net vs. Feral Hobos. Sense/Net wins
  • 14.6.2015, 3 ppl Gang Figh, The Red Tribe vs. Venators , vs. Holy Rollers The Red Tribe wins
  • 13.6.2015, Rescue Mission, The Red Tribe vs. Venators , The Red Tribe wins
  • 12.6.2015,Gang Fight, The Red Tribe vs. Venators , The Red Tribe wins
  • 11.6.2015, Shoot Out, Sense/Net vs. Feral Hobos. Sense/Net Wins
  • 10.6.2015, Gang Fight, Sense/Net vs. Feral Hobos. Sense/Net Wins
  • 4.6.2015, Gang Fight, Sense/Net vs. Feral Hobos. Feral Hobos Wins
  • 4.6.2015, Gang Fight, The Red Tribe vs. Holy Rollers, The Red Tribe wins
  • 1.6.2015, The Hunters, The Red Tribe vs. Sense/Net , Sense/Net wins -
  • 31.5.2015, The Hit, The Red Tribe vs. Sense/Net , Sense/Net wins - Battle Report
  • 30.5.2015, Shoot Out, Sense/Net vs. Feral Hobos , Sense/Net wins
  • 30.5.2015, Shoot Out, Sense/Net vs. Feral Hobos , Feral Hobos wins
  • 28.5.2015,Gang Fight, The Red Tribe vs. Sense/Net , Red Tribe wins - Battle Report
  • 27.5.2015, Gang Fight, Sense/Net vs. Feral Hobos , Feral Hobos wins
  • 26.5.2015, Gang Fight - Sense/Net vs. Feral Hobos , Feral Hobos wins

Last edited by a moderator:

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
Red Tribes first battle

Red Tribe (949) vs. Sense/Net (1342)
Scenario: Gang Fight (rolled and @Loriel chose gang fight)

The first battle report (allthough the 3rd battle in the Campaign)

This will not probably be the final style I am going to do these reports, but something like this. Please give comments and suggestions :p There is English subtitles done by me.

Last edited:

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Even without sound it was interesting to see your table in action. I like the use of straws and squares of 'metal' on one of the walkways, I'll have to look again when i'm at a computer :) (only subtitles I saw were saying what song would have been playing)

Reactions: Loriel

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Was watching on phone, couldn't find the subtitle option. Video does work better with sound/subtitles. :)

The turn counter in the top left corner could stay for the entire turn - in case it is missed when it pops up. Other than that I have no real comments/suggestions, was quite good to watch. Thanks for sharing :)
(whenever I roll a D66 I use two different coloured dice and declare which one is High, rather than rolling the dice one at a time *shrugs*)

Shadowbadger

Gang Hero
Yak Supporter
Sep 22, 2014
We do the same with D66 @trollmeat , red dice for the first, normal white for the units.

I just wondered there if you could get an actual 36 sided dice, looks like the only shape for that may be a weird spinning top kind of thing.

It is the actual D100 I have that made me think.

Blood Donor

Executive Officer in Charge of the 2014 Bake Sale
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Aug 23, 2011
Golden, British Columbia, Canada
I liked the inclusion of killshot pics at the end of each turn as a kind of summary of important events - it was quick but came across as a great recap of the turn. Length was perfect, terrain looked awesome, the gang fight seemed heated and I was actually a bit surprised the Ratskins were able to turn the tides in the last turn and force a bottle, they seemed to be getting ground down by the Delaques in every other turn. Can't wait for the next!

...also, the Post Battle Sequence comic strip rocked, no offense to your opponent but I feel that much more a fan of the The Red Tribe!

Last edited:

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
Red Tribes second battle

Red Tribe (1077) vs. Sense/Net (1556)
Scenario: The Hit

----

We did two battles in one sessions, so as soon as I finish it I will publish it ;)

As I am still really newbie to do video reports I decided to try little different approach with this one. Still trying to find the "way to do them"

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Shame you rolled Initiative instead of Leadership for Shell Shocked ;-)

Reactions: Loriel

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
Red Tribes third battle

I have forgotten to do the reports. Now I have 3 reports to do. So hopefully I get soon up and running. This time I narrated this in English after the game. Again a different style report. Still trying to find my way ;)

This particular video was supposed to be the original introduction for the Hive Mother ;)

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
Red Tribes fifth and sixth battle

I played against @Crowmire the first time (and actually met the person first time ever thanks to Yaktribes player map ;) ) I will try to get the rest of the reports done.

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
What Ratskin rules do you use? OCE? Are your matches often fairly balanced off the stat line? What I am wondering is if you are out-playing any opposing gangs significantly (unless your entire campaign is full of ass kickers) or if the rules you are using could do with some balancing.
I though that we had little derail from the actual topic, but I would very much like to discuss about the subject and felt this thread is better for it ;)

OCE + NCE + Winterfell houserules are our rulesets.

Sadly I haven't found enough energy and time to do the battle reports. I actually posted new video which includes reports from 7 - 16 but I haven't found enough motivation to do subtitles to it ;(

Balance question

My first though is that balance is for weaklings ;) In my opinion I don't think I achieved similar brute overpower with Red Tribe as I managed to gain with Shadow Warriors/Roughnecks: here are some thoughs on the ongoing campaign

• With the first Winter is Coming campaign I got significantly more games compared to rest. Out of about 90-80 games I played in about 70. And the next most active player played in 25 games. This naturally lead to Shadow Warrior 5k rating and really powerfull Pit Slave gang.
  • I did much recruiting of new players and tried to get new members for our gaming club. This naturally tipped the scale vastly in my way as well many of the new players played something like 3 games (only against me)
  • Compared to Winter is Coming now players are much more playing against each other and almost everybody had a match against one an other here (Really nice thing!)
  • Only brand new player in Winter has Come is @tarbari Holy Rollers, and semi brand new player is @Crowmire Venators.
  • Comparing victory rates to this date
    • Red Tribe 68% (19 played games)
    • Feral Hobos 54% (13 played games)
    • Sense/Net 43% (21 played games)
    • Venators 35% (17 played games)
    • Children of Creation 20% (5 played games)
    • Holy Rollers 14% (7 played games)

There are couple reason why I have being so succesfull
  • Naturally almost close to 90 games total gives enough experience as a player how to do things and what to avoid.
  • I got fairly early rapid fire + high bs to chief redward. With hunting rifle he is solid ranged threat to my enemies and generated usually 1-3 wounding hits per turn. Additionally perhaps most scenarios awards 10 leader exp. Our terrain gives lots of opportunities to move so that you get "effective marksman" so shooting at something weaker usually helps.
  • My totem warrior Bone Prophet is one sick dude. I used slaught / spurs with him along side wide Bone soap (Berzerker chip, I just cannot think that the truly have chip in his brain). Prophet has cause tons of damage and also tons of hatred. STILL only 1 wound...
  • I had .... unbelieveble luck with Crouching Spider (untill he went to slavery ;) ) It was so funny that multiple times he was surrounded by multiple enemies magically they just missed him... annointed of the spirits. (I say that he "escaped pinned" with vastly over average result. something like factor of 3-4 and I am not talking BS)
  • The board I have done (venice etc) gives significant help to close combat orientated fighters. This was one of the reasons why my Roughnecks survived so well for long time with only couple fighters.
  • I was almost always underdog due casualties (and not replacing them) -> more exp, more money from victory (which I haven't spent much)
  • Treacherous conditions have secured couple times victory for me and I think that they have aid my cause greatly. Fitting for ratskins. I think in balance perspective ratskins should have extra cost of atleast 5 creds each or even 10, due the treacherous condition.
  • In our local meta gangs are not usually bigger than 8 members. This leads to the fact that even with small gang it is feasible to get couple dudes out of action and cause bottles. So chances for victory increases.
  • It also is "easier" to cause bottles with better fighters. subsequently it is harder for opponents to cause bottle against better fighters. Many have weak juves to prey on ;)

I

Reactions: trollmeat

theAkwa

Mar 9, 2014
Seattle, WA, USA
The battle reports were a real treat, thank you for going out of your way to narrate in english!

The terrain looked ace, I adore minis falling from buildings/walkways.

Did you limit the gang size to a specific cap? (I saw 8 mentioned) How did this affect game length?

I would concur that ratskins are very powerful when treacherous conditions are compared to their price per unit, however as many people like to shoot and try to sculpt terrain that allows for shooting, ratskins need the help depending on the table. Even without treacherous conditions they are one of the best gangs. (on the right table) cc always puts guys ooa so your focus in that area means lots of injury rolls for opponents while you get to reroll if needed when they injure you...

Killing off enemy juves while you have none to target is a blast. There is truly no mercy in the underhive.

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
thanks @theAkwa for reply.

I did subtitles to the other reports that are spoken in finnish ;) I think I will return to my usual comic style reports what I did with Winter is Coming thread. Incase you want to view almost complete story of my Roughneck rebellien (pit slaves) starting from here https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/winter-is-coming-lrb.2748/page-2#post-39873

We don't limit gang sizes with any rules. That just pretty much the way most people prefer in our gaming club. It naturally decreases significantly one fight and thus we usually play 2 or even 3 games per session.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: trollmeat