• YakTribe will be migrated to a new server on Monday night, April 12th after 2am GMT and should be available on Tuesday morning.

Winter has Come, NCE

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
Tale of the Red Tribe

So after 19 games Chief Redwart struck mighty ganger status. I decided to do little "homage" to my gang. Placed again in spoiler as there is big pictures so it wouldn't take so much time to load the thread.

@Blood Donor I hope this fluff is up to your expectation (especially the last picture) ;)

Firts little background music while reading

8zU3bdk.jpg

RJyeaoE.jpg

OSR7GrM.jpg

FpXG9iP.jpg

qyq37pG.jpg

RmSb3YN.jpg

LcZGmbH.jpg

After Redwart planted the seed in Hive Mother he had a vision

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Is there a house rule giving a higher chance to roll Dead when falling? :-D

How did you find the leg wound? Guessing it wasn't such a problem due to the high BS.

Awesome summary, your campaigns always seem to have a great narrative. :)

Reactions: Loriel

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
@trollmeat atm it felt so, but I think high impacts in our campaign has truly high chance of killing stuff. Bone Prophet for example has fair share of High impact KB ;)

legwound didn't mean much. as said twin horn was more artillery style model. Where twin horn was slow, bone prophet was fast. about half a way our campaing I got the sprint to him so he was chargin 12 +d6, with chip 18+d6 and slaught/spurs (depending on result naturally) much farther. I think something like 27 inch charge has being biggest one.

@Blood Donor you sir are quite mistaken. That is blessing of the spirits and ensoakment of Water of the Mother. Side effect of dying horrible painfull, with festering bloody bulps in manly parts is just part of the weak body transcending to next plane. (I almost wrote up somekind of mantis style mating for them, where Hive Mother would consume the life essence of Murad Harec, but I didn't find god enough words for it...)

Reactions: trollmeat

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
House Harkonnen - The Hunt Begins

Gang is 4/5 models finished now. Link to wip / model introduction https://yaktribe.games/community/th...going-house-harkonnen.1691/page-20#post-65788

In this battle I decided to have double yeld and I will make a new model somewhere near future. At this moment I proxied Hidar as one of my early Van Saar / Enforcer coversions.

I played 2 games in a row in the same session.

I also decided to go back to my old comic book style, as to be honest Video reporting isn't really my thing. I also decided to renew my comic style to be more like actual comic (mainly the read from left to right -> then row down.

Mandatory music

Page_1.jpg

Page_2.jpg

Page_3.jpg

Page_4.jpg

Page_5.jpg

Game 1

The first game was 4 player Archeotech Rush, with modifications to suit the Spyrer theme. First of all we considered that when the House Harkonnen came down from the spyre they immediately traced an hidden archeotech site and spread a rumour of it, in order to form a trap for under hive gangs. Ohter participating gangs were Feral Hobos, Sense/net and Venators. Here are summary of the rules we made during the game:

- Spyrers deploy first roughly in middle. They start hidden.
- Spyrers cannot interract with loot counters (They have no interest to do so)
- There was situation where Feral Hobos lost all of their models in the board in turn 2. We concluded (mostly because it would be really pooring for @MasterBaster that bottle roll is considered to be 50% of the whole eligible gang. As 2 models wasn't enough to cause Feral Hobos to bottle they continued the battle to the bitter end.
- Every close combat was fought in every turn (even if the player whose turn is isn't involved in it). Additionally any odd situations that multiple player multiple combat can cause, we decided to use guidelines I have done for the Under the Dome campaign.

Neuromancer became almost a mighty ganger. Should that happend he becomes second Mighty Ganger in the campaing (well Chief Redwart is retired, but anyway) At first we fought draw and I managed to strike him down. I was cheering like hell after @Mikumi remembered that Marotin had flesh wound... Oh boy that felt bad, but truth be told really good that he realized it almost right after because if that would have being somehting like 2 turns from that point, it would basicly be impossible to rewind back... well only make it so that Neuromancer wouldn't made injury rolls or something like that.

Game 2

This battle was from OCE - The Hunters just against Venators. (both mikumi and masterblaster were too tired for another game). @Crowmire rolled 3 OBW during the battle . This was probably the first time ever Heavies showed their potential in the campaign (mainly their performance is hindered by terrain we use). He managed to shot 2 out of action in fast draw. By some miracle I didn't lose nerve with any of my models. Then he won the first turn and shot another 2 again out of action. Both times he rolled rather many shots, rolled good hits and always 3 multiple wounds ;)

Heavy gained astonishing 50 +d6 exp from the fight!
-----

Fear and charging models!

I was totally baffled when I realized how much worse fear can make your day when you do charges. Especially for spyrers that needs basicly wounding hits to gain exp (as they have no access to underdog / nor leader xp) killing weak juves will actually be much harded due the fact that they are likely to broke -> only 1 to wound roll. The next thing as there isn't any way to redirect / overrun / follow up after enemy has broken from you, that will make it much worse. In this particular battle I was left open to Venator Heavy Bolter (with 2 inch follow up I could have moved to safety) To my best luck even with 6 sustainable shots Nayk didn't suffer any wounds. In this battle however Neuromancer out of actioned Nayk anyway, so it didn't matter as much. I was thinking about how to correct this what felt really ... unintuitive for me. Here are couple ideas:

- If charger has charge move left he/she may use the left over to try to catch the runaway or move in contact with another one, or simple move towards cover what ever
- If charger would get in base contact with the opponent, nerve test is required. The charger may try to redirect with LD check to another target. If not or test is failed charger will attempt to catch the runaway. FIght the close combat as per normal broken rules (in other words ws 1 etc) (similar to whfb terror)
- Broken models counts towards bottle test (this should actually be allready in the rules, not just for fear)
- Instead of gaining automatic 1 hit, the charger gets to make all of its attacks as usual (against opponents normal ws) If the broken fighter happends to win the combat, no damage is done. This just represents the idea that the fighter managed to fend of the attacker. ( This is my personal preference. It would make a real difference between seasoned killer and newbie)
- Funnily enough downed fighter could (by raw) survive the charger because of the fear. We agreed with the group that is not allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
I've never been a fan of how fear/broken works in necro. If a broken model just had a WS/A reduction, then maybe... Or the distance wasn't potentially so far and the charger could catch up...

Don't broken models count towards bottle test? Hrmm, I thought they did.

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
not by RAW. But I will suggest to our gaming group that it would count towards. it would be more in line with the idea that bottling out is infact running away! ;)
@Anthony, should broken fighters count as down/out for purposes of bottle tests?

Reading Rules As Written a screaming juve that is in the process of peeing themself counts as a healthy, fighting body o_O

This should probably be in NCE thread... I'm awake, honestly :p

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
House Harkonnen - Hunt continues

Still haven't started to build Hidar ;) I have the basic concept in my head allready. It wouldn't take too much time to just do it, but... well I prolly should get on to it ;)

My third 3, this time 4 player gang fight ;) We had one brand new player in the group. This particular person is rather new gaming buddy in general. He is more Kings of War / Boardgame enthutiastic.

Part%20(1).jpg

Part%20(2).jpg

Part%20(3).jpg

Part%20(4).jpg

Last edited:

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Earlier I tried to read this latest battle report on my phone, only to discover that screen too tiny and I'm not so good at scrolling around zoomed in on the thing (have now read it on the laptop, much easier that way) :p

Just wondering about the end of the report, where you show the xp/skills/injuries, would be cool if you said what the total for the stat increases were, and included what injuries they have accumulated:
nayk
+11xp
+dodge
+attacks (2)

head wound

Might be a bit more work, and you already put a lot into these awesome reports, so ignore me :-D

ps: Apologies if I have asked before, but are you using @Shadowbadger's method for calculating Spyrer gang rating / underdog bonuses?

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
Earlier I tried to read this latest battle report on my phone, only to discover that screen too tiny and I'm not so good at scrolling around zoomed in on the thing (have now read it on the laptop, much easier that way) :p

I haven't actually even considered how they would work in mobile (too much of PC man my self ;) I actually have considered make them less wide. Now they are A4 (in the comic life) This is mainly due many other sites where auto fitting just doesn't work. (currently I just post link to Yaktribe on other forums that I regularly use)

would be cool if you said what the total for the stat increases were,
Yes it would. And it is not too big of a job as I "copied" the post battle result from earlier game, thus why not include it like that. Perhaps using even color codes. I have used green earlier (and prefer to color much for to represent experience and advancement, and red for injuries. but as seen I have tried to avoid green color and overspend the Red. (only way for Harkonnen) But doing it like grey black would prolly be the way.

have it like

Name
Total Exp ( + xp from this battle )
This battle advancements ( current value )
This battle serious injuries

Injuries / advancements of previous battles, in order latest first

or
Name
Total Exp ( + xp from this battle )
This battle advancements ( current value )

advancements of previous battles, in order latest first

This battle serious injuries

Injureies from previous battle in order latest first

ps: Apologies if I have asked before, but are you using @Shadowbadger's method for calculating Spyrer gang rating / underdog bonuses?

Interesting concept. I use OCE atm. There are some valid points. So far we haven't seen the "overpowering" nature of the spyrers, naturally as I came to campaign where many of the players have (well not exactly high) but really good fighters. many bs6, multiwounded models. that last game was much easier for me as I was playing with the lowest gang ratings (and against a brand new player)

We don't usually use scenario rolls, as most of the time we simple agree what to play, thus it is slightly less effective for the underdog as they don't "choose scenario".

Just top from my head I think 10 exp per wounding hit is really good "underdog" bonus without the extra experience. But I can understand the idea that when Spyrer gets around 100 exp with right advancement they become really deadly. Perhaps this adjustment applies better for midgame spyrers than lategame spyrers.

Reactions: trollmeat

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
HOUSE HARKONNEN - HUNTING MUTIES

Games 4,5 and 6. All played against same player and within same session. @mantsa entered our Winter has Come campaign with a new scavvie gang Toxic Leftovers. This was his first time for NCE (he had played about 10+ games on LRB).

- First was regular Gang Fight
- Second Scavengers
- and third was Running Man - Alley Games

Page%20(1).jpg

Page%20(2).jpg

Page%20(3).jpg

Page%20(4).jpg

Page%20(5).jpg

Page%20(6).jpg

Page%20(7).jpg

Last edited:

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
HOUSE HARKONNEN - OUTLAWS, OUTLAWS EVERYWHERE
I played my 7 and 8th game. First one was 4 ppl gang fight and second was 3 players scavengers.,

Page%20(1).jpg

Page%20(2).jpg

Page%20(3).jpg

Page%20(4).jpg

Page%20(5).jpg

Page%20(6).jpg

Deaths of the Brothers
Oh boy that last one was truly an epic and fun game! Can't remember when I laughed so much during Necromunda game. Not only failing initiative 5 rerolling test of fall, I landed directly on cooling fan! The injury roll were 1+1 so dead anyway, but with high impact also ;)

I said to my opponent(s) before making the move that I never should do this kind of move that bringing Rabban right in the open when my opponent had 4 (or was it 5) overwatching., as it will almost surely pin lock him for good, but I said this is what Beast Rabban would do. Ironically he wasn't harm at all by those thousands shots. I think he took total 10-15 shots before getting in cc with Bronk.ronk wasn't particularly good in CC, roughly identical in offense sense as rabban. defence of rabban were much highter. T4 and 3 wounds, with 4+ armor save. Well the close combat went really quickly to me rolling couple 1 and failing all the armor saves ;) And rolling the captured. We concluded that scavvies would slay the capture outright as per spyrers rules instaed on placing them in to the pot. In this particular scene he earned more money this way. We pictured the situtation so that the Bronk strangled Rabban with the tentacle. We also though that they ate him still (so some of the "loots" from his armour were actually "food" ;) ) Naturally Bronk earned a title "The Beaststrangler" and the rumours of it spreads accross the hive!

One thing that I found out the hard way that Arm wound is really bad for Spyrers. Normal gangers can go past it with pistols / chainswords. Nayk seemed like poor weakling when strugling to score wounds ;) Luckily I got the claw boost, too bad Parry isn't available when frenzy and with stupid on ld 6 nayk is going to be more times wandering his own than actual doing something. From tactical point of view too bad I lost both my multiwounded fighters and now 2 with head wounds means that my chances of fullfilling the Vow is hindered. On bright side if I would have chosen 250 exp, I would only need 7 left. or if 10 games only 2 games left ;)

I totally forgot to mention it on the report but I managed to capture a Juve from Chaos Pack. Chaos Pack player didn't have time to resolve capture immediately, but I think we are going to do Tortured Captive scenario.

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
That's one hell of a hit to be taking! Two dead in one game is rough for most gangs, for such limited numbers it might be a death knell. Looking forward to seeing how the next game or two goes. never know, you might keep the captive (kill him), and manage to score two ooa's against the next gang and kill two dead. suddenly reversing how likely you are to complete vow.

Great write up as usual btw mate

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
HOUSE HARKONNEN - GRUDGE OVER COMMON JANE

Page%20(1).jpg

Page%20(2).jpg

Game was grudge match. I had one alley NPC ran away from Alley Game I played against the Toxic Leftovers and as I ruled they allow + - modifier to rolls. Last couple games after the alley game were agreed to be played gang fights and scavengers (so no rolls) thus my opponent had opportunity to modify the roll. Funnily the roll was 11 and he turned it to 12. I still chose gang fight. We considered that Basic Bob sister were one of the killed ones and he heard it from the surviving runner.

That's one hell of a hit to be taking! Two dead in one game is rough for most gangs, for such limited numbers it might be a death knell. Looking forward to seeing how the next game or two goes. never know, you might keep the captive (kill him), and manage to score two ooa's against the next gang and kill two dead. suddenly reversing how likely you are to complete vow.

Great write up as usual btw mate

I am confident that I can complete the Vow. Now with 3 captives it seems more likely to happend. We allready agreed with @tarbari the Holy Rollers player that we are going to be play the tortured captive, where both captives are tortured at the same time.

Reactions: spafe and trollmeat

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
This is really entertaining. 2 Dead, with 2/3 remaining Spyrers suffering Head Wounds, yet they are still valiantly struggling to prove [to themselves and their family] that they are indeed worthy of taking their place in the Spire (as a Filthy Scavvy, most of my experience with Head Wounds is that the model becomes Soup in the same Post Battle Sequence that they received the injury). :p

Perhaps there should be some kind of bonus if a Spyrer gang inadvertently completes one of the vows that they didn't choose? :)

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
HOUSE HARKONNEN: BREAKING THE BELIEVERS!

@trollmeat lets hope this is entertaining as well ;)

This report have three games:
- First Tortured Captive
- Second Shoot out
- Third Gang fight.

We actually played a fourth game in same session (it was Runningman - Alley Games, but I have special idea for that report and will post it somewhere in near future, with a niche twist ;)

Mandatory theme music

Page%20(1).jpg

Page%20(2).jpg

Page%20(3).jpg

Page%20(4).jpg

Reactions: trollmeat and spafe

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Wow that music is a flash from my childhood (which might explain a lot!).

Great write up, looking forward to seeing what the final running man twist is. Looks like the spyrers kicked some behind!