Winter is Coming, LRB

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
@spafe Well now that I realised that first pit slave weapon is free, then it is easily done! Allthough I have to buy three slaves before I could buy techno, since the rule of 50% of the gang must consist of pit slaves... So far I have hard time deciding what kind of gangers I want to have ;)

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but what rules are you using for the pitslaves again? apparently the latest OCE doesnt have free weps for slaves (and equally the version I have which is draft says only while creating a gang, not later recruiting)...

Might limit you to jsut 2 slaves, although that certainly not a bad growth for the gang!

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
I use the Pit Slave gang v.1.5 by Anthony Case, based on the material by Andy Chambers + houserules Arco- flail (which isn't in the book, allthough now I don't need it since Mord is allready dead and I will not take another Arco-flail) here is link to the material which I have used. https://yaktribe.games/community/vault/pit-slave-gang.161/history

There was one main reason why I chose this gang book and it was Pit Fighters. In the original servitors that don't get any exp??? hell No!. But I think that free pit slave weapon is really broken rule. I talked with my friends and we all though so, we are not going to play it like that. Thinking about 60 credits model that has extra advance, escape artist and nerfed "truegit" with chains sword. compared to regular ganger with lasgun for 75 creds, that is just too much.

do you have link to latest OCE book for them?

Last edited by a moderator:

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Ah thats fine then, I have those rules saved to my computer... I like em. The mix of weapons at the beggining I think helps to encourage there to be a bit of diversity in a starting gang, and also allows for the slaves to not start massivly weaker that other starting gangs (I agree with you a bit, its almost overpowered how they start, but I think it would even out in 2-3 games).

The issue that balances is that pit slaves have very little way to make money, so losses are hard on them, and they have no heavy weapon or juve type access.... I think it does give them a balancing factor nicely tbh but then if you've played them and found otherwise then I am probably wrong on the whole (and deffo for within your group lol!).

The latest OCE is linked here (https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/necromunda-community-edition.1385/) but its only a link to anthony's drop box, its not on the vault yet so I can't read it as my works computers dont like drop boxes lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Loriel

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
The issue that balances is that pit slaves have very little way to make money, so losses are hard on them, and they have no heavy weapon or juve type access.... I think it does give them a balancing factor nicely tbh but then if you've played them and found otherwise then I am probably wrong on the whole (and deffo for within your group lol!).
I agree with the money issue (which is issue for all outlaws) I personally don't see lack of heavy weapons as bad. perhaps other gaming groups metas favor heavies more, ours doesn't (mainly due highly coverage playing table) Lack of juves means pretty much that Pit Slaves are not preferred to be used as cannon fodder. For me it doesn't mean anything else, as the individual pit slave is rather quality fighter.

To be honest, most balancing factor to me right now is that I am currently playing mostly with green players (not only to Necromunda but actually to this type of games in general) and for the many multiplayer games. Our more experienced mundist are not too active right now and I am trying to get new blood for our gaming group anyway (one of the main reason why I have bough many different gang minis and painted them to the table top quality.) For example Saints Row, Puno De Hierro, Masters of Melee and Lady in Waiting have all being first timers while played against me. Fungi Dealers and Syndicate are more experienced players and to be honest, if I would face Fungi Dealers on 1 vs 1. I would probably get seriously ass kicked, or not. Jack is allready pretty tough SoB (aslong as no one has any lascannons / heavy bolters around ;)

-------

We had to move our gaming club to new address and after the moving, we decided to play the first game in the new Winterfell, (or perhaps it will known as Moat Cailin, but dunno... at this moment still called Winterfell) In short the new place is smaller only room for one big table (or room for two but not much anything else.

Unfortunately I haven't being too industrious about the pit slaves and wasn't able to do my new slaves for this fight. allthough playing with only 2 models has its appealing :p

I played first time against Leadica with Roughnecks. Leadica is gang of my good friend Hakkinen which is one of my favorite players in our club, since you just cannot anticipate what Hakkinen will do... he is pure chaos! Allthough I made those figures for my other friends Ash Waste nomads Dune Vipers, we though that they were deserving enough to be used as Leadicas cawdors! To be honest, I felt little proud watching them as they had really nice look that worked well

I wanted to add little more to this report and tried to make it more narrative as inspired by @naztek Rikers stories. I wasn't able to mimic the same style and perhaps went little off board with narrative. perhaps the problem is that I was always trying to explain the pictures shown not as much as what happened to the actual character.

well without further ado, 9th game with Roughnecks! Hope you guys like it!

little theme music

this game was absolute blast! Many weapons were jammed during this game. Well that extra 250 credits for underdog bonuses pretty much yells that there will be 3 x pit slaves + techno! I really should start working on their designs, but I have to admit that I have hitted somekind of barrier in "creativity" Perhaps I am trying to be too demanding to my self, by getting something new and "original" out.

Last edited:
Reactions: naztek and spafe

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
4 new Roughnecks got their first fight!

I felt this music had the nice touch to catch the Jacks new hordes feeling.

I used first time ever "medipack" in the form of regrafter and I actually realized the real power of the item. I managed to skip one bottle test with it and it gave me better chance to snatch the slag from my opponent. My friend Ez-ko played his second game and we had good time.

Last edited:

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Great write up mate. And thanks for your thread/campaign log! Any of my mates when I get round to playing who take a battering... will send em here to show them how a real necro player handles the highs and the lows!

Medic is ace, and having a medic skill along with the techno (and slaves escape artist built in) means hopefully you wont take another heavy pounding like the one at start of your campaign!

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
@spafe yep. medic rocks! I hadn't never considered medipack to have any use, but I have really though it wrong. Well perhaps the thing is that I don't think it is worth 80 credits.

@mechmaster we had little winter in Finland couple weeks ago, but now all the snow has melted again... too bad, I would love to have lot of snow around.

ok, Roughnecks had their 11th. match against my brothers Syndicate. We wanted to have fast game so we both decided to go for shoot out.

again little theme music

Page_0.jpg

Page_1.jpg

Page_2.jpg

Page_3.gif

Page_4.jpg

Page_5.jpg

I love my brother to keep up the "unkillable" He rolled him first not his power fighter Michael. That is true necromunda spirit. As Joey is so badly injured he would have died as the result of Chest wound. Best part was that he received level from the battle and got increased toughness! @Malo so joey is still around!

goddamit I yelled when I got dodge to jack. I so needed sprint or leap. now there is only 2 advancements left before he becomes mighty ganger.

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
12th game with Roughnecks. we played captive audience hand off with Winterfell modifications.

I have to say that this was really nice game. When my opponent decided to shoot with his heavy (named Case) to the close combat I said that I would suggest that you wouldn't do so, as even if you manage to bring the dwarfs down jack would still punish that Lem and he had decent chance of bringing Jack out of action, even kill the poor lad. He responsed to me "I think this is what Case would do in this situation" I was blown away and gave my respect. Allthough I try to be more roleplaying I still have this slight "min max" mentality.

we imagined the fight so that when the dwarf jumped up and charged against Max , Dan allready started to ran at this point. then when the dwarf slashed Max down case unleashed his bullet storm trying to hit the dwarf, but as his heavy stubber is too cumbersome dwarf managed to get in combat. with a little imagination it seems lot better.

Blood Donor

Executive Officer in Charge of the 2014 Bake Sale
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Aug 23, 2011
Golden, British Columbia, Canada

Second frame shows off so well HOW RIDICULOUSLY COOL THIS TABLE SETUP IS. @Loriel, in your spare time I think you should just arrange your terrain in awesome setups and take pics to put up on here. Make a whole new thread about it. CONSISTENTLY hands down the coolest table setups on the site in ALL of Necromunda being played anywhere. Please man, a thread of just terrain layout pics.

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Sounds like the slaves are back on their feet comfortably now eh. As always, a great write up and another cool chapter in the history that will become legend, that will become myth of the great roughneck rebellion!

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
@spafe Roughneck rebellion is advanging. First time ever they dared to attemp a strike against caravan.

I feel this theme fits this battle report and the fluff really well.

Page_1.jpg

Page_2.jpg

Page_3.jpg

Page_4.jpg

Page_5.jpg

Page_6.jpg

Page_7.jpg

Page_8.jpg

this battle was funny because my opponent truly forgot that Jack was alone at one side. It wasn't no shady placement etc, I declared it as normal and he admitted that yes you said but just forgot. game might have ended little differently should he used overwatch on that direction.

as the defender was not allowed to bottle out, I offered my opponent a safe passage out of the battle. Jack could have gone finishing the angel with single charge at the time.

I originally intended to buy swords to my slaves, but then I felt that it was too gamey and decided only buy sword to rusty (since he really needs all the possible edge if he would end up in cc. And when I got sprints to sarge and natalia I almost jumped up to the roof! too bad Jack has only two advancement before he hit mighty ganger status and I am starting to lose hope to get sprint / leap to him =(

I was also really surprised how much money caravan scenario can produce.

Loriel

Gang Hero
Nov 27, 2013
Kangasala, Finland
@Blood Donor suggested on Crystal Dome campaing that there would be some kind of track record of the gangs involved in campaings that are running in Yaktribe. First of all Winter is Coming is this on going campaing without any real goals. Secondly I have tried to corrupt tons of people to start Necromunda thus we have lot of players that have only couple games. There has probably being less than 10 games in our campaing that doesn't include me in the game ;)

As I like to use theme songs, there is one song that... this is just Necromunda for me. Hope you listen it while checking out the resutls ;)

at the date 14.12.2014 Winter is Coming gangs by rating:

Shadow Warriors
House = Delaque
Player = @Loriel
Gang Rating = 5014
Games = Played 48, won 38
Leader = Petyr "The Hair" Melchor, 690 exp, 1263 value
Kills = (not tracked) Approx 5-10
Deaths = 8
- Gang "retired". Petyr is currently Primogenus of the underhive

Syndicate
House = Cawdor
Player = @ptx82
Gang Rating = 2443
Games = Played 24 , won 7
Leader = Louie, 308 exp, 603 value
Kills = (not tracked) approx 5-10
Deaths = 4
- Joey "The Unkillable", a legendary hiver is part of this gang

Fungi Dealers
House = Orlock
Player = @Mikumi
Gang Rating = 1871
Games = Played 10, won 3
Leader = Lord Cortex, 219 exp, 574 value
Kills = (not tracked)
Deaths = 2

The Wandering Brigands
House = Scavvies
Player = @mantsa
Gang Rating = 1801
Games = played 3 , won 1 (I think there has being more games for him, but that is all that have being recorded in our google sheet
Leader = Thoxxet , 97 exp , 359 value
Kills = not tracked
Deaths = 0

Roughnecks
House = Pit Slaves
Player = @Loriel
Gang Rating = 1711
Games = Played 13, won 9
Leader = Jack "Hammer" Daniels, 356 exp, 574 value (4 known kills for Jack)
Kills = 7 (counted from battle reports.)
Deaths = 6

Leadica
House = Cawdor
Player = @Hakkinen
Gang Rating = 1628
Games = played 4 , won 2
Leader = James , 128 exp , 533 value
Kills = Confirmed 1 (bob is working in mines ;) )
Deaths = 1

Bleeding Aces
House = Van Saar
Player = @stumpel
Gang Rating = 1622
Games = Played 11, won 7
Leader = Lucien, 241 exp , 466 value
Kills = (not tracked) 0-2
Deaths = 2

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance
House = Escher
Player = @VeliV
Gang Rating = 1601
Games = played 3, won 2
Leader = Lady Geum-ja, 115 exp , 310 value
Kills = (not tracked) prolly zero
Deaths = 0

Puno De Hierro
House = Orlock
Player = @Ezko
Gang Rating = 1372
Games = played 4 , 1 won
Leader = Max, 111 exp , 334 value
Kills = (not tracked)
Deaths = 0

Marchimo's Doom
House = Redemptionist
Player = @Filmore
Gang Rating = 1355
Games = played 2 , 0 won
Leader = Marchimo, 89 exp , 389 value
Kills = (not tracked)
Deaths = 1

Dune Vipers
House = Ash Waste Nomads
Player = @vlbrg
Gang Rating = 1106
Games = played 3, 0 won
Leader = Falmingo, 109 exp , 289 value
Kills = not tracked
Deaths = 0

Lady in Waiting
House = Eschers
Player = @Marsupilami
Gang Rating = 1063
Games = played 9 , 3 won
Leader = Lena , 97 exp , 172 value (His former leader died in last game)
Kills = not tracked
Deaths = 6

Do you Even Lift?
House = Goliath
Player = @helkku
Gang Rating = 914
Games = played 7, 1 won
Leader = Azog , 128 exp , 328 value (still captured by Shadow Warriors)
Kills = not tracked
Deaths = 3

And players who had played only one game in our campaing (so far ;) )

Battle Sisters, rating 1145
Masters of Melee, rating 994
Saints Row, rating 987
and some others that I just cannot remember.

Also both @mantsa and @Mikumi has abandoned their original gangs once and apparently taken their former gangs away from the campaing. Mikumi had 7 games with waste hounds and mantsa had couple games with the Unforgiven.