Drag to reposition cover

WIP from the sump

sump dweller

Mr Fancy Pants
Honored Tribesman
Sep 6, 2014
County Kerry - Ireland
Hello everyone,

I am new to the site, and I thought I should join in by posting a couple of pictures. There will be more to show when my camera batteries are charged, and I will update this thread whenever I make progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

sump dweller

Mr Fancy Pants
Honored Tribesman
Sep 6, 2014
County Kerry - Ireland
Thanks Loriel. They are indeed the original plastic Goliaths from the boxed set. The Boss' head is from the space marine Sternguard box, and Gonzo's is the fantasy Chaos Marauder head with a topknot. They have both had some minor cutting and scraping to remove details, and the Mohawks come from the plastic Eldar Guardians.

sump dweller

Mr Fancy Pants
Honored Tribesman
Sep 6, 2014
County Kerry - Ireland
Thanks very much gentlemen! You know how to make a sump dwelling scumbag feel welcome!

Here are a couple more Goliaths (the rest of my painted ones are in original condition, ie: without any conversion and not worth attention.)

There will be more to come from this gang though - I still have lots of bits.

And just in case anyone is interested in seeing unpainted metal and plastic, here are the old models for my Brat gang after coming out of the paint stripper, and a couple of plastic new recruits.

sump dweller

Mr Fancy Pants
Honored Tribesman
Sep 6, 2014
County Kerry - Ireland
Loriel - Unfortunately the others are painted to my standards from 20 years ago.

The second one is made out of a fantasy Chaos Marauder charioteer with Catachan arms and head.

Andy - Thanks! - very simple, but effective, yes?

matswo

Gang Champion
Mar 7, 2012
Bergen, Norway
Nice! I love the empire free company torsos and legs as well! the "quilted" torso is a very good match to the brats! Whats the story behind midget brat :D?

Reactions: sump dweller

sump dweller

Mr Fancy Pants
Honored Tribesman
Sep 6, 2014
County Kerry - Ireland
The short brat was just inspired by old artwork (and someone else has done an awesome squat conversion - I saw it in the inspiration thread.)

Honestly though, can you imagine anything funnier than a short fat brat trying to be all cool and fashionable? He would be bitter and twisted, crazy jealous of his mates, and always trying to compensate!

Edit - I didn't want to double post, so I am adding these photos to this post.

Some old Wyrds, painted back in 1996 or 7 (whenever they were released.)

And some work in progress Tech Gangers

matswo

Gang Champion
Mar 7, 2012
Bergen, Norway
Nice use of ..sentinel pilots? I cant see if its scout heads or cadian sergant ones :) good use of dirrerent kits! And nice paint too! Hopefully u still "got it" paint wise ;p the new gang will look awesome then. What colors do you intend to paint them in

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Wow, these guys are proper top! I cant wait to see some paint on the tech gangers and the brats!

sump dweller

Mr Fancy Pants
Honored Tribesman
Sep 6, 2014
County Kerry - Ireland
Thanks for all the compliments gentlemen, they are really appreciated (my ego expanded as I read them!) I am glad that you like them.

The Wyrds were painted ages ago, but the plastic Goliaths were painted quite recently, so you can decide if I have still got it.

The Tech's torsos are indeed Sentinel pilots (except for the one guy that has an Eldar Vyper pilot torso.) Their heads are from scouts, Cadians, tank crew, a Catachan, and an Empire Great Sword (for the impressive scars!)

I am not sure what colour scheme the Techs will be done in - probably a light grey. The Brats will be all kinds of flash git colours, as Brats should be. It will be some time before I get them painted though. I am moving house soon, and they will be easier to ship if they are not assembled or painted.

Reactions: Loriel and spafe