N18 Wrecker Jump Booster

G0blinSlay3r

Feb 3, 2022
Hello, everyone,

I'm in the process of putting together an Outcast Gang with Orlock Affiliation.
However, I have the problem that I can't find the costs for the Jump Boosters for my Wrecker models.
Is there even an entry with points in the books?

G0blinSlay3r

Feb 3, 2022
Thank you Guys this helps me a lot.
But this is very sad, because ive bought the Orlock Box with the Wrecker's and now i have 4 Models i cannot use in the way i hoped for.
Then the only hope i have is a change in the future to fix this problem :(

enyoss

Gang Hero
Jul 19, 2015
SL
I can see how this is disheartening, especially if you discover it after buying the models specifically for it :-/. But in the outlaw/outcast vein, could you equip those fighters with grapnels and say they’re just poorly maintained boosters? That would maybe suit the outlaw vibe even better?

G0blinSlay3r

Feb 3, 2022
It is sad but not a big problem.
Since I was going to mix my Hive Scum models with orlock parts anyway, I can just play them as normal orlocks or as outcasts without the wreckers.
The nice thing is that the Outcast models go well with the style of the Orlocks and give them a dirtier look.

TopsyKretts

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
Outcast allows to do many things, but not everything! It does however allow you to have 1 wrecker as leader if you want that. It will mostly provide extreme flexibility for the leader only, less so for the rest of the gang.

G0blinSlay3r

Feb 3, 2022
That is interesting.
But why does it work with the leader and not with the other outcasts?
I thought that because the Jump Boosters don't have points, this isn't possible.

mateyboy3000

Gang Champion
May 29, 2017
It's because you cab pick any existing profile to be your leader and you just chose the wrecker, would need to check but there is a good chance you would be stuck with a juve profile on your leader were you to do this

TopsyKretts

Hive Lord
Honored Tribesman
Dec 29, 2017
Norway
That is interesting.
But why does it work with the leader and not with the other outcasts?
I thought that because the Jump Boosters don't have points, this isn't possible.
Because that's how Outcast are designed. Extreme flexibility for the leader. Limited flexibility for the rest of the gang. Outcast does however offer more flexibility for the rest of the gang than any other gang.

So I would put it like this, how GW designs the rules:
  • Outcast leader: Extreme flexibility
  • Outcast gang: Good flexibility (however, not so good it can include prospects from other gangs)
  • Bountyhunter gang: Moderate flexibility
  • All other gangs: Limited flexibility
Very interesting, and thanks for the help.
It would be fun to have a Juve/Prospect as a leader
🤣
One of the more extreme options for a leader is the Spawn (can't gain xp, be pinned, injured or killed).
How to justify that from an RP point of view
🤔
Only limitation is your imagination.

JustAnotherScrub

Nov 22, 2020
Thank you Guys this helps me a lot.
But this is very sad, because ive bought the Orlock Box with the Wrecker's and now i have 4 Models i cannot use in the way i hoped for.
Then the only hope i have is a change in the future to fix this problem :(
That's the beauty of In-House rules. Just talk with your players/group, hash out a somewhat balanced ruleset, and play on. I've got multiple jump booster equipped characters, and even have rules on the burner for adding jump packs and grav chutes to the Market. Possibly as Black Market items.

Reactions: TopsyKretts