Xmas mini exchange 2019 (yes, it's already that time!)

Stoof

Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Jun 1, 2016
Ellon, United Kingdom
I only took one WIP photo and then accidentally photoshopped the mini out of it in a FYSC snafu :ROFLMAO:

We'll see what I can pull off today and tomorrow. I found my old PS2 and Tomb Raider in the attic... it's had a detrimental effect on the painting of my Delaque. I have painted a model but shhhhh it's a seeeeecret.

View attachment 97733
It was the Trollslayer for @ClockworkOrange in case anyone hadn't already worked it out. I can;t wait to see him in action working for the Orange Tide (y)

Sethmerlin666

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Honored Tribesman
Jan 31, 2018
Payneham Road, Payneham SA, Australia
I went through my pics but seems I didn't even really take any WIP pics...
I did this guy in pretty much one big session of inspiration, hence no pauses for pics.
The idea was to have an alternate model to use in place of UR-25 when he got rules as 'Man of Iron' for Necro.

Used a lot of the stuff I usually use, good ol' HeroQuest Ogres... Space Crusade assault cannon.. The fist is composed of some 30k weapon that came with the Land Speeder Proteus with a fist made from a terminator lightning claw. Plenty of random gubbins and guitar strings to tie it all together!
A one session paint job, just really enjoyed the model and it all flowed straight away so didn't do any overthinking, just came together!

Hopefully @RobStrachan can give him some good use!

yakmas1.jpg
yakmas2.jpg
yakmas3.jpg

Fold

Gang Hero
Oct 26, 2013
London E2
fromthewastes.com
I thought it was the ogre from Battlemasters! Both games must have used the same base model? Brought back good memories either way. It's the only war game my mum ever played with me, when I was 10 or something. We used to call that ogre "boom shack a lack" (I know... it doesn't take much to entertain a 10 year old :ROFLMAO:)

Jaws

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Jul 23, 2013
Hamar, Norway
I had this guy in mind from the moment I started building my Pit Slaves, and saw the leftover shields. He came together quite quick and naturally. Inspired from Tropic Thunder. Cawdor body, wood elf arms, skulls from dark eldar kit, and random pistol. The little animal skin is from the dark elf blood bowl kit. Hand cannon on the back, from some other dark eldar thing.:
Ylbzcmu.jpg

I added a sight from an Ork kit for some pinpoint accuracy. :p
RsZZwlA.jpg
Started the Paintjob started with a zenital highlight.:
dl3VgZ9.jpg

This image looked clear in the phone preview. It's after basecoat, before oil washes.:
KHYGnuE.jpg

Oil washes do their wondrous things.:
TcZgvFP.jpg

Pigments were used to add rust to the "hat".:
0GwNmXz.jpg

For the final touch, I decided to add a lighter trim to the poncho. But did not take a final picture. :)
Glad it was appreciated in any case. And thanks for the kind words. ^^

radulykan

Gang Hero
Oct 24, 2013
Burton Latimer, Northants, UK
Say it with me, :)
Wgxl3oO.jpg

DBt8TGd.jpg

j1FtVAo.jpg

After drawing @Gunkaiser I struggled for inspiration but realising I'd be posting to murica I thought what better to send than an all American hero like Jack Burton? :)
knowing the excessive nature of some posties I figured it needed some heavy duty packaging to survive the thousands of miles trip, then I thought why not make the packaging useful in game?

c8TXifO.jpg

It looked a bit bland though hence the graffiti (if it hadn't of been SECRET santa it may have said Radu Lykan instead)

NzYjEl9.jpg

This is one of the bases that I received as part of a tribemeet prize from @KungFuPanda
zoQEya3.jpg

7INSeE0.jpg

sjDKTrz.jpg

Almost Done!
vUzPl9P.jpg

Just needed the right packaging

XnfPcWE.jpg

Hope you enjoy using him and he performs epically on the table, it was hard to send him off rather than keep him for myself :)