Yak Comp 26 - Grim Dark Fairy Tales, Myths and Legends!

Vote for your favourite entries to yakcomp 26!!!

• Alice in Sumpland by Coenus Scaldingus

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • Pied Piper by Ben_s

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Pot of Gold by Ben_s

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Bonnacon by ClockworkOrange

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Haensel and Gretel witchhunter by Kommisar Shriken

Votes: 21 72.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ClockworkOrange

Troll King
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Brought to you by our last worthy winner @Sethmerlin666

Grimm-Dark Fairy Tales, Myths and Legends

Re-imagine a the above (or any component from it) in your preferred gaming universe.
What would the underhive equivalent of Gingerbread be if you did a version of the witch's house from Hansel and Gretel? The Big Bad Wolf as a hired gun? A diorama depicting the 'Troll' under the bridge from the Three billy Goats Gruff?
The opportunities are almost endless, it should appeal to anyone whether they like to make single models, scenery or full blown dioramas.
Capture the essence of your classic children's tale transposed into a Grimm-Dark setting...
Include the story you're drawing from, it can be from any classic source not just the European fairy tales mentioned above, draw from stories from anywhere in the world that are used to frighten kids into submission (this is what kid's stories are about right??).”

Obviously any actual Troll related entries which dipict Trolls in anything but a glorious orange light will be disqualified worth double points.

Closing date is whenever the sun finally sets for the last time on Sunday the 9th of December 2018 at the stroke of midnight.

Final entry images should be uploaded to this album.

Love Clockwork

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I won’t be able to enter. And I had such a good idea for Van Saar and Gretchen and a scavvie cook.

Real life has left me with hardly any free time until mid December. Ya boo sux!

Sadly, I don't think I'll make this one. I have a Christmas present project that'll probably take most of my time.
But an idea did come up... To do Edward Scissorhands as a pit fighter. I don't know if that qualifies as myth/legend. Or maybe a scavvy wolfman...

Reactions: spafe
Damn, work today didn't require much thought, so my mind went wandering...

I'm in. I spent last night trying to find something cool and maybe a little obscure, but most ideas broke my "usable in game"-rule. But screw that, I'm going to do a classic! Rapunzel of the underhive. Up a tower. Maybe with a big rifle or something... Idea still getting fleshed out, will put a link to my plog once things start happening.

PS Damn you, @Sethmerlin666, if my kids Christmas present doesn't get finished I'm blaming you!
;)