Yak Comp 26 - Grim Dark Fairy Tales, Myths and Legends!

Discussion in 'Tribe News' started by ClockworkOrange, Oct 25, 2018.

?

Vote for your favourite entries to yakcomp 26!!!

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes on Dec 17, 2018 at 12:04 PM.
Poll closed Monday at 12:04 PM.
  1. Alice in Sumpland by Coenus Scaldingus

25 vote(s)
    86.2%
  2. Pied Piper by Ben_s

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  3. Pot of Gold by Ben_s

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. Bonnacon by ClockworkOrange

15 vote(s)
    51.7%
  5. Haensel and Gretel witchhunter by Kommisar Shriken

21 vote(s)
    72.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Punktaku

Punktaku Un-Dis-Honored
    Honored Tribesman

2. Kommissar Shriken

Kommissar Shriken Gang Hero
    Yak Comp 1st Place

ONCE upon a time....

A tall slim girl coated in a long coat was moving through the shadows of the hive. in her brain she heard a voice always repeating the same words: sweets, warm drinks and pleasure. come to me little girl, get part of our family. the words hammered in her head, she moved forward step by step.

in the dark a colorful little house appeared: with changing colorlights and a warm and trusty aura. the girls glassy eyes can't avert the view. her feet brought her to a fluffy pink door with some tasty looking sweets. her mouth starts to water. She MUST eat some of them and stucks out her hand to grap one of those sweets, but before her fingers touched the candy, the door opened and she hesitated.

a old lady appeared from inside the house. Her face looked so trustworthy and it felt like she knew her since a long time. " come in my darling... warm your body in my house and eat something. you must be hungry ... soooo hungry, little girl ..... "

the girl couldn't resist. she must follow her.. she felt like in a beautiful dream never want to wake up ...

"GRETEL NOW!" a rough voice in her hidden ear-vox-com brought her back to the reallity. Gretel got out of her thoughts. Her fast reflexes and years of experience helped her moving a step sideways in a half second, a instant moment later a glare light exploded in the breast of the old women and Gretels field of view become blurred. the shiny sweety house changed the look to a rusty old cottage. The walls where laced with bugs and flys. Gretel shudered. the candy she wanted to eat from the door, was a big fat beetle.

While Gretel regain consciousness, the old lady changed their look to a creepy witch because the magic illusion died with her.

Hänsel was pleased. He's plan worked. The witch was distracted with the illusion for the "tall girl" and didn't realised his stalking. His plasma-heated peg
    hitted exactly the corrupted heart of the outrageous chaos creature and burned her down to the bones.

"damn Hänsel! This was to close! next time you play the bait! "HA HA nobody will believe that i'm a 80 inch big boy, Gretel. "

Gretel took their big flamer from Hänsel and with a smile in her face she started to cover the house in a cleaning flame. "Next time I'm definitely NOT the bait. I want them BURN! I want to see their soul crying in the holy fire of my flamer." "Dont be sad Gretel, i feel that this is just the start of a long journey, this world is full of chaos, witches and other unnamed monstrosities. Your flamer gets enough to to. "
    ================================================================================================================
    ================================================================================================================

hey yakkers! here is the link to my comp entry and also a little backround story for you. i hope you enjoy reading it and i did not made to much mistakes. its the first time i write such a "big" text in englisch....

https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/haensel-and-gretel-witchhunter-comp-entry.8109/

3. Xavier Bacon

Xavier Bacon Gang Champion
    Yak Comp 1st Place

Mmmmm... wonder if I can manage to assemble and enter something for this... has been a while!

4. Punktaku

Punktaku Un-Dis-Honored
    Honored Tribesman

welcome back!

5. Ben_S

Ben_S Hive Guilder
    Honored Tribesman

Ok, I'm in.

Progress to be charted here.

6. MedMos

MedMos Gang Champion
    Yak Comp 3rd Place

I'm sad to say that I have to bow out of this one. With sick kids there have been no nap times or evenings to work on my entry, and less sleep overall.
    Best of luck to all, I still look forward to seeing all the great entries!

Stoof and spafe like this.
  7. Azzabat

Azzabat Hive Guilder
    Tribe Council Yak Comp 1st Place

Oooo, not the sort Green Tide most of us wish for!

I hope the Yaklings are better soon. Nothing worse than a wee one with the plague. Let alone 2.

MedMos likes this.
  8. Stoof

Stoof Yakmarines 2nd Co. Word Priest
    Tribe Council Yak Comp 2nd Place

Sorry to hear that @MedMos, my wife and yakling both had a sickness bug at the same time for a week a month or so ago. Not fun.

MedMos likes this.
  9. MedMos

MedMos Gang Champion
    Yak Comp 3rd Place

Thanks guys! It's nothing serious, but still a drain on energy. But enough about green tides without goblins and bugs without talons (btw, did everyone see Jaws' tentacled horrors!:eek:), get on with the grimdark fairytales!:D

CaptainDangerous, Azzabat and Stoof like this.
  10. Kommissar Shriken

Yak Comp 1st Place

i finished hänsel...

next gretel, burning witch and than probably the gingerbread house (y)

gvdIlRj.jpg

11. ClockworkOrange

ClockworkOrange Executive Officer in charge of Trolling
    Staff Member Tribe Council Yak Comp 1st Place

The Orange Bonnacon - Comp Entry

I’ll admit it, I’ve wanted to build something like this for a while. So it was a case of finding a myth or legend that fitted. Much google searching threw up the Bonnacon, which has just the right amount of crazyness and humour to fit right in with the ever growing troll race and lore.

Just to prove I’m not making it up ;)https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnacon

Fluff / Necro amended Legend

“In the Ashwastes a mighty animal is found which men call the Orange Bonnacon. It has the head of a bull, and thereafter its whole body is of the size of a bull's with the maned neck of a horse. Its matted shaggy mane is deep orange or dark brown in colour. Its horns are convoluted, curling back on themselves in such a way that if anyone comes up against it, he is not harmed. But the protection which its forehead denies this fearsome monster is furnished by its bowels. For when it turns to flee, it discharges fumes from the excrement of its belly over a distance of three clicks, the heat of which burns anything it touches in almighty orange fire. In this way, it drives off its pursuers with its harmful excrement.

Many men have tried to turn this mighty beast to their will, but only Trolls have succeeded.....”

Photos

The Orange Bonnacon currently has three modes - Troll King Uber Service, Prison Transport and Poo thrower!!

Album

I’ve also created an album showing all the progress shots;

https://yaktribe.games/community/media/albums/yak-comp-26-the-orange-bonnacon.1696/

Video

And a making of video which details all the parts used;

Thanks for watching / reading all of that! I’ve had a blast making it.

And remember a vote for me is not just for the Comp, it’s a vote for all of Troll kind, show your support and free them from Clone oppressors and Dump! #trolllivesmatter #trollstoo

Love Clockwork

12. Azzabat

Azzabat Hive Guilder
    Tribe Council Yak Comp 1st Place

@ClockworkOrange ... how do you get your pictures so small?

Mine always take up the full with of the page.

13. ClockworkOrange

Dunno @Azzabat - I do everything via my iPhone and use the Camera+ app amongst others.

This is how it looks on my screen:

62ED97BB-5155-48E7-8A8E-2ABBC00ED86A.jpeg

Kommissar Shriken likes this.
  14. Punktaku

Punktaku Un-Dis-Honored
    Honored Tribesman

iPhones take HUGE pictures. I do the same thing @ClockworkOrange , but I run mine through the free app Adobe Express, which lets you change the size. I added hundreds of photos, deleted dozens of the originals, and freed up tons of space in my gallery.

Azzabat likes this.
  15. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

MedMos and Ben_S like this.
  16. ClockworkOrange

Done boss - I’ve embeded a video and an image let me know if this breaks things.... @Malo

17. Ben_S

Ben_S Hive Guilder
    Honored Tribesman

My stuff is done, so I just need to take final photos (and upload them to the special album).

18. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

hah nice video! I don't think I've seen a video in the gallery yet. It won't be an issue with my competition tools though, thanks.

19. Kommissar Shriken

Yak Comp 1st Place

Hey yakkers!

i also finished my entry! hope you like it
    Haensel-and-Gretel.jpg

20. CaptainDangerous

CaptainDangerous Chaotic-good 2nd Company Captain
    Tribe Council Yak Comp 3rd Place

Unfortunately I’m going to have to drop my original idea.
    I’m not out until the stroke of midnight Sunday tho, so don’t worry, ...Iv got a cunning plan! :sneaky:

But for anyone interested, here’s my adaption of Henny Penny...
    One day Henny, of the Penny Escher gang, was scraping up slime in the chem pit when—whack!— something hit her upon the head. "Goodness gracious me!" said Henny- penny; "the dome’s a-going to fall; I must go and tell the administratum."

So she went along and she went along and she went along till she met Cocky the locksmith. "Where are you going, Henny-penny?" says Cocky-locky. "Oh! I'm going to tell the administratum the dome’s a-falling," says Henny- penny. "May I come with you?" says Cocky-locky. "Certainly," says Henny-penny. So Henny-penny and Cocky-locky went to tell-the administratum the dome was falling.

They went along, and they went along, and they went along, till they met Ducky the pimp. "Where are you going to, Henny-penny and Cocky- locky?" says Ducky-daddles. "Oh! we're going to tell the administratum the domes's a-falling," said Henny-penny and Cocky-locky. "May I come with you?" says Ducky-daddles. "Certainly," said Henny-penny and Cocky- locky. So Henny-penny, Cocky-locky and Ducky-daddles went to tell the administratum the dome was a-falling.

So they went along, and they went along, and they went along, till they met Goosey the sewer purger, "Where are you going to, Henny-penny, Cocky- locky and Ducky-daddles?" said Goosey-poosey. "Oh! we're going to tell the administratum the dome's a-falling," said Henny-penny and Cocky-locky and Ducky-daddles. "May I come with you," said Goosey-poosey. "Certainly," said Henny-penny, Cocky-locky and Ducky-daddles. So Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles and Goosey-poosey went to tell the administratum the dome was a-falling.

So they went along, and they went along, and they went along, till they met Turkey the pervert. "Where are you going, Henny-penny, Cocky- locky, Ducky-daddles, and Goosey-poosey?" says Turkey-lurkey. "Oh! we're going to tell the administratum the dome's a-falling," said Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles and Goosey-poosey. "May I come with you? Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles and Goosey-poosey?" said Turkey-lurkey. "Why, certainly, Turkey-lurkey," said Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, and Goosey-poosey. So Henny-penny, Cocky- locky, Ducky-daddles, Goosey-poosey and Turkey-lurkey all went to tell the administratum the dome was a-falling.

So they went along, and they went along, and they went along, till they met Foxy the nightclub owner, and Foxy-woxy said to Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, Goosey-poosey and Turkey-lurkey: "Where are you going, Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, Goosey-poosey, and Turkey- lurkey?" And Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, Goosey-poosey, and Turkey-lurkey said to Foxy-woxy: "We're going to tell the administratum the dome's a-falling." "Oh! but this is not the way to the administratum , Henny- penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, Goosey-poosey and Turkey-lurkey," says Foxy-woxy; "I know the proper way; shall I show it you?" "Why certainly, Foxy-woxy," said Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, Goosey-poosey, and Turkey-lurkey. So Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky- daddles, Goosey-poosey, Turkey-lurkey, and Foxy-woxy all went to tell the administratum the dome was a-falling. So they went along, and they went along, and they went along, till they came to a narrow and dark hole. Now this was the door of Woxy's nightclub. But Foxy-woxy said to Henny-penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, Goosey-poosey, and Turkey- lurkey: "This is the short way to the administratum’s palace you'll soon get there if you follow me. I will go first and you come after, Henny- penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky daddles, Goosey-poosey, and Turkey-lurkey." "Why of course, certainly, without doubt, why not?" said Henny-Penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, Goosey-poosey, and Turkey-lurkey.

So Foxy-woxy went into his nightclub, and he didn't go very far but turned round to wait for Henny-Penny, Cocky-locky, Ducky-daddles, Goosey- poosey and Turkey-lurkey. So at last at first Turkey-lurkey went through the dark hole into the nightclub. He hadn't got far when "Hrumph," Foxy-woxy chopped off Turkey-lurkey's head and threw his body over his left shoulder. Then Goosey-poosey went in, and "Hrumph," off went her head and Goosey-poosey was thrown beside Turkey-lurkey. Then Ducky- daddles waddled down, and "Hrumph," chopped Foxy-woxy, and Ducky- daddles' head was off and Ducky-daddles was thrown alongside Turkey- lurkey and Goosey-poosey. Then Cocky-locky strutted down into the cave and he hadn't gone far when "Snap, Hrumph!" went Foxy-woxy and Cocky- locky was thrown alongside of Turkey-lurkey, Goosey-poosey and Ducky- daddles.

But Foxy-woxy had made two chops at Cocky-locky, and when the first chop only hurt Cocky-locky, but didn't kill him, he called out to Henny-penny. So she turned tail and ran back home, so she never told the administratum the dome was a-falling.

Kommissar Shriken and spafe like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice