Yak Comp 29 - "Guilders in town"

Vote for your favourite entries to yakcomp 29!!!

• @Sobek the Iron Guild

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • @WAAAGHtonio Guild of Coin

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • @Kommissar Shriken Waterguild.

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • @Ml2sjw Mercator machian

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • @Ben_S Frostgrave corpse guild

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • @Fold Corpse Guild Collection Party.

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • @Benjamin Wakefield Water Guild Syphoning Delegation

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spafe

Executive Officer in charge of Hats
Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Righto, this comp you lucky lot get the hatter kicking things off. The trolls are busy comparing who has the 'most interesting' stain on their hankerchiefs*.

So the grand yak comp 29 is centered around the book of peril 'guild alliances' as put forwards by our previous winner @Sethmerlin666

The new Book of Peril has a range of playable personnel described for the Water, Prometheum, Corpse, Slaver and Coin guilds. You could model one of these groups to form your next alliance!

Or perhaps in your corner of the hive there's other Guilds that have dominance? There may be a guild of beasts in your wildlands, a guild of sludge controlling the harvest, a guild of troll population control.... Anything really, take the concept and make it your own.

And not to exclude our ORB and NCE players, there's no reason you can't create something on the same theme and run them as a bounty hunter and team of scum to make them playable or to work scenarios around.

Take a guild, manifest the models....

The comp will close approx 5 and a half weeks hence, at midnight on your local time piece/pocketwatch of choice on Sunday 11th August. Any questions, ask away, they may be answered, they may be ignored, but they will exist!

*they mentioned something about a house renovation, busy work schedules, jabberwockies getting loose, etc etc, I still maintain it's the grand final of their hankerchief stain comp.

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
There's no need to do the whole group. If nothing else it's a great excuse to grab yourself one of @Mad Robot 's fab guilder models as a start to your nefarious allies!

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
Ooh! Ooh! I have one of those! AND I just attempted a zenithol highlight on him! I've never had this much completed this early in a comp!!!

1 comments
Reactions: Paupoi

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Any chance of some inspirational artwork, for those of us without perilous books?

=][=SW1=][=

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Oct 7, 2017
Manchester UK
Interesting, I'm planning on doing a NCE Orlock Gang that's running transportation service (racket). Surely they can expand to servicing the Guilds needs as well. ;)

Does it need to be a character of can it be a whopping MadMax style heavy duty cargo hauler?

Edit : The Transportation Guild is at your service for the right price!!! :p ;)

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Is this one Necromunda only then?

MedMos

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Nov 10, 2014
Møn, Denmark
Oooh, good question! Thinking outside the box might inspire something.

1 comments

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Hail Spafe!
I might be completely behind in all things hobby right now but I would like to declare I’m in!
I’ll have to search for some inspiration, but The Troll Juicing Guild is calling out to me!
:giggle:

spafe

Staff member
Necromunda Custodian
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Tribe Council
Feb 8, 2013
Tilehurst, U.k.
Is this one Necromunda only then?
Most certainly not!

there are traders, merchants, guilds of all sorts within the city of the damned, there are meks from mektown who form cartels across the city, rogue traders ply the space lanes travelling with passengers, fuel and all multitude of wares in battle fleet gothic, and if you can take your eyes off the game for long enough you'll spot the guild of popcorn sellers having a brawl with the hotdog vendors union in the stands of your local bloodbowl game. Any and all are welcome!

Jul 5, 2019
London, UK
Well if I´m not lucky...
Just today I finished my attempt on the Corpse Guild representatives, and decided to register in Yak just to show them to everyone... and there's even a comp about it!

My plan is to kitbash almost all the Guilds from the Book of Peril, except the Promethium and Water ones because I just LOVE their concept art and I'm more than willing to wait a while just to be able to throw my money to Forgeworld's face, and probably very soon I'll have finished my Guild of Blood retinue.

I based my guys around dark spanish catholicism. Well, the armoured capirote of the corpse grinders (idk how to translate that, it’s that conical thing on their heads) it's not my idea, it has been directly and shamelessly copied from the design of Blasphemous, the videogame.

_SHqMylaLURPfijZQ_wJybXyJY4&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
2 comments