Yak Comp 29 - "Guilders in town"

Vote for your favourite entries to yakcomp 29!!!

• @Sobek the Iron Guild

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • @WAAAGHtonio Guild of Coin

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • @Kommissar Shriken Waterguild.

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • @Ml2sjw Mercator machian

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • @Ben_S Frostgrave corpse guild

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • @Fold Corpse Guild Collection Party.

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • @Benjamin Wakefield Water Guild Syphoning Delegation

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 5, 2019
London, UK
Very nice, although I'm afriad the competition rules (https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/yaktribe-competition-rules.2785/) require entries to be started during the competition period - so, you'll have to get started on the next guild!
Sorry! Missed that!
Time to start a new Guild then!
Should we delete the old message?
(Note to self: start reading before posting)

Do the guilder groups in the book have specific roles/character types described that can be played in game? If so, would someone be kind enough to briefly describe them?
In the book all the different representatives of the Guilds are organised in the same way: the Guild Procurator is the leader of this "mini-faction", and his/her retinue consists of an attendant (Guild Factotum) and one or two bodyguards.

The main Guilds groups on the Book of Peril are

icalcfnlk5221.jpg

se=7&ig_cache_key=MjA1NTc0NjUxNDI1MDA5MDIzOA%3D%3D.jpg

FWPreview-Feb19-NecroGuilds1td.jpg

DyZS4mbX0AAhx7R.jpg

FWPreview-Feb19-NecroGuilds3ud.jpg

DyZSQkgXcAArfql.jpg

DyZSPqZX0AA_Wk2.jpg

DyaCHKlWoAAqlJ6.jpg

DyZS5orXcAAUa1s.jpg

51182324_2159096500777601_2639511601031413760_n.jpg

There are some other ones, like the Iron Guild (weapon dealers, their representatives are a bunch of hive scum armed to the teeth), the Air Guild (they control the humungous fans and vents that keep the air moving through the Hive) and the Light Guild (they control the electricity and are basically arch-rivals of the Promethium Guild)

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Yeah, definitely don't delete.

You might want to start a painting log in the miniatures and terrain section to show off progress on your entry and any other work that you want to share.

Reactions: WAAAGHtonio

=][=SW1=][=

Gang Hero
Honored Tribesman
Oct 7, 2017
Manchester UK
The Transportation Guild has some wheels ...

Need an inspirational figure to sit/stand in the forward deck with a BIG gun to keep those pesky Coin Guild at bay. They also annoy the Water Guild among others. ;) :p

Looking to also grab some outriders to convert up as well.

Fold

Gang Hero
Oct 26, 2013
London E2
fromthewastes.com
Bring out yer dead!

Big antigrav guy will be towing the cart, bell ringer in tow.

Looking for suggestions for the cart bed itself - how would you build it? Simple flat bed, sides, or something more complex? Any technology? Corpses?

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Big antigrav guy will be towing the cart, bell ringer in tow.

Looking for suggestions for the bed itself - how would you build it? Simple flat bed, sides, or something more complex? Any technology? Corpses?
@Fold will you be putting a weight in the cart or stick the cart to a heavier base so the antigrav guy won’t need a flying base?

Unsure if the Floater’s gun size might detract from the floatyness, maybe giving it a smaller weapon (or even something like a ball n chain) and maybe having the rotary cannon elsewhere?

Can’t comment about what structure or adornments for the cart - haven’t decided what I might do yet ;-)

1 comments

Fold

Gang Hero
Oct 26, 2013
London E2
fromthewastes.com
Yeah the idea is there’ll be no need for a flying base once finished - probably by making the cart sufficiently heavy.

I’ll see once the piece comes together about the gun size, but do like the idea of a ball and chain to emphasise the floatyness, so will have a play with that tomorrow!

Reactions: trollmeat

cainex1

Gang Hero
Dec 8, 2017
USA
You guys are being WAY more inventive than I am!
I can't make the thing actually crawl (I don't have the base model, a 3d printer, or a multi axis mill) but I have filled all the appropriate gaps and removed all the mold lines. Basically, everything looks good from up to about 3 inches/80mm (I don't like some of the transitions on the fill and the thing was NOT expertly assembled, whacha gonna do) and I can maybe fill or use its a damage or rust, etc..
hyUpm3A.jpg

So you can see the final position I'm going for with the ramp and that I've fitted a sheet to it's back as it was just raw (also needed to shave the left over round bits for mold push off in the last stair) I forgot to include them but I have tabs cut to remount the stair/ramp. You can kinda see it but I cut in a line under the hatches at the front of the bed so they look like they open now. And the diamond plate you see there is just going to cover the old stuff.
Now, that leaves me the one weapon mount by the hatch, the rules don't call for the guilder caravan to be armed... so I'm thinking to leave it as a peg mount for other scenarios when vehicles become more of a thing.
All that said, I want to try and make the ramp functional and I feel like that might be the only way I'm going to make a splash with this stiff (and frankly inspirational) competition. Any other ideas or thoughts?
Oh @Fold I would suggest a wide topped cart with short sides, like a stretched and flattened mine cart.

Sethmerlin666

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Honored Tribesman
Jan 31, 2018
Payneham Road, Payneham SA, Australia
Awesome, love it that there's some great ideas happening so quickly!

I'm going to a games day / swap meet today, hoping to find some bits and parts that will kickstart my own ideas!

Sethmerlin666

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Honored Tribesman
Jan 31, 2018
Yes!
Acquired some good bits, Victoria Miniatures had a trade stand there and scavenging through their second rate casts boxes I got a few cool things to start something.
This is the start of the Guild of Coin retinue. 2x guards with a coin coffer (one ea with shotgun & long rifle as per book) and the beginnings of a scrivener, want to do a lot more with that one tho.... Then need to work out the main coin collector himself.
But it's a start!

coinguild.jpg

Jul 5, 2019
London, UK
Finally I'm in!
My Guild of Coin is starting to take shape too! Just received the Voidsmen (aka, Grovellers) this morning, and yesterday I bought Kal to use him as a base for the Skinflint (still don’t know what to do with Scabbs tho)

photo-2019-07-09-16-25-37.jpg

Hopefully this Wednesday I'll receive the Master of Coin and will start painting these guys.

On the other hand, a couple days ago I finished my Slavers Guild. It's not an entry to the comp, but maybe it would work as inspiration for someone:

ClockworkOrange

Executive Officer in charge of Trolling
Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
What is this heresy? A Comp not sanctioned by the Troll King?!?!

All looks great so far - carry on.

Sethmerlin666

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Honored Tribesman
Jan 31, 2018
Look what the squig dragged in.....

1 comments

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham

CaptainDangerous

Call me Hugh
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
Not sure if this is the time or place to mention this, but the other clones have escaped the submerged PLEASURECUBE, have set up business in Mankfester Dome, and lets just say, they aren’t best pleased that Number Ten is openly Trollsexual!...

1 comments

ClockworkOrange

Staff member
Yak Comp 1st Place
Tribe Council
Dec 29, 2012
Nottingham
Not sure if this is the time or place to mention this, but the other clones have escaped the submerged PLEASURECUBE, have set up business in Mankfester Dome, and lets just say, they aren’t best pleased that Number Ten is openly Trollsexual!...
Race, Gender, sexuality and species are a construct of our imperial overlords @CaptainDangerous don't let them stop you riding the orange rainbow. All Clones my pass freely through our lands. Make love not war!

As dowry we offer the Imperial Mint mine and all who toil in its confines, as long as the supply of pure mint continues to flow to the Agent Orange vats.

And YES we are back.

Last edited:

Sobek

Gang Champion
Jul 22, 2018
Germany
Love this.
Wanted to have a go at Guilders anyway, so why not now?

Any rule regarding the min./max. total number of models?