Yak Comp 29 - "Guilders in town"

Vote for your favourite entries to yakcomp 29!!!

• @Sobek the Iron Guild

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • @WAAAGHtonio Guild of Coin

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • @Kommissar Shriken Waterguild.

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • @Ml2sjw Mercator machian

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • @Ben_S Frostgrave corpse guild

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • @Fold Corpse Guild Collection Party.

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • @Benjamin Wakefield Water Guild Syphoning Delegation

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
In fairness it's a set one from the genestealer cult spure. But the non lethal combination is ideal.. although he does carry a sawn off as a backup

Jul 5, 2019
London, UK
Omg Sobek I LOVE your Fungus Carriers!!!

After a long time I can finally say that I’ve finished my Guild of Coin. Hope you like ‘em.
I see that I’m not the only one using Espern Locarno as a Guilder. I considered the possibility of using another head for him, until the shape finally struck in my mind: it resembles scales!!

For the Skinflint I envisioned Baertrum Arturus, from the ForgeWorld range, but Kal Jericho is cheaper and made of glorious plastic, so...
In lore terms, this guy writes down every contract, debt and promissory note for his master, and entangles it in his wig’s curls so it doesn’t get lost.

The Grovellers are basically Voidsmen, one armed with a long rifle and the other one with a shotgun.

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Really quite interesting. Got any fluff for them? As the two minions have completely enclosed masks should the boss mask be enclosed too? Pretty sure, as it has been some time since the competition started, that if you ask nicely you could paint these up and enter them (they look cool and I want to see them painted) :)

Sobek

Gang Champion
Jul 22, 2018
Germany
@trollmeat: They will eventually get painted, but this is a fun little side project I come back to every once in a while. Don't expect I will finish them for the Comp, really just inspiration for fellow yakkers what other guilds might exist on Necromunda or other Hive Cities the books don't cover (yet). I Imagine they are part of the Green Mechanicum and track down and harvest all kinds of fungi (for food, medicine, drugs/poison,...) and sell these to other guilds or houses.

Omg Sobek I LOVE your Fungus Carriers!!!
Thanks. I like the larger one quite a lot, need to add some fungi to his basket though. Not too happy with the little guy, his staff might be used for something else. I shall put these away again and finish the Iron Guild retinue for the Comp first.

Your Baertrum conversion is spot on, very nice! The story bit with him carrying around all the bookkeeping in his is great!
Also love the idea with the scales on the Navigator Mini! Really cool! Well done!

Last edited:
Reactions: trollmeat

Fold

Gang Hero
Oct 26, 2013
London E2
fromthewastes.com
This stunted little guy is coming together. Making a servo skull from scratch was fiddly to say the least, and quite a fun challenge (I imagine this one has opened the flood gates for future kitbashes):

State of the cart and haulage:

Ml2sjw

Gang Hero
Nov 25, 2017
United kingdom
More in my comp thread to avoid spamming this one

Reactions: trollmeat

Kommissar Shriken

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Nov 21, 2016
Regensburg
Hey guys.

I also started with mY com entry. Going to make the guildboss with his big bodyguard.

and heres the link to the conversion thread...

Last edited:

Sobek

Gang Champion
Jul 22, 2018
Germany
While I am pretty confident I‘ll have all minis built and primed by the end of the comp, I do not think I will manage to paint then, because summer vacation is quickly approaching. Which is totally okay for me, because the comp at least provided some external pressure and inspiration to create minis I wanted to create anyway, but way sooner than I would have without the competition.

Other ideas and entries are looking pretty awesome, so I guess there will only be winners in the end!

CaptainDangerous

Executive Officer in charge of Fraggles
Staff member
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Tribe Council
Oct 30, 2016
Durham, uk
EUREKA!
Iv finally got my inspiration!
My entry will be, The Hive Guys (100% Unbiased) Shitchelin Skull Food Review Guild!
They are an independent guild that are responsible for writing an annual guide of Underhive Cuisine, awarding the much coveted Shitchelin Skulls to any eatery worthy of them! ...did I mention they are sponsored by Hive Guys?

I plan on doing 20 minis representing the guild in its entirety, and will be using parts from Cawdor, pox walkers, Cadians, 32mm Germans and a touch of blightkings.
I’ll take some pics when my idea becomes more plastic!