Yak Comp 30 - The Cave!

Vote for your favourite entries to yakcomp 30!!!

• @ben_S Ratmen from the deep

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • @maxwellpower klevva gurl

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • @punktaku cawdor spelunking team

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • @Malevolent Pink Cat murder cyborg

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • @Kommissar Shriken hunting for wyrdstone

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • @MedMos tunnel critters

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
i realized last night that my bits box for minis sucks... and Empire Flagellant heads are TINY compared to DV cultist bodies..

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
i realized last night that my bits box for minis sucks... and Empire Flagellant heads are TINY compared to DV cultist bodies..
You think you've got bits box problems! I have no bits box. I'm planning to do some skip diving for polystyrene and will have to Fimo sculpt the entire guy. 😅

Reactions: prewarsalad

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
at least you can sculpt! my attempts had to be destroyed and earned me a lifelong ban from Greenstuff. “Don’t even look at our product anymore!”
o_O

• Haha
Reactions: Aulenback

Biggle_Bear

Gang Hero
Nov 1, 2017
Competions or how the site generally works?

There is a thread for the general rules ( https://yaktribe.games/community/threads/yaktribe-competition-rules.2785/ ), and the criteria in the first post on this thread. But the basics are declare here that you want to try it, create your own thread in the 'miniatures and terrain' section, post a link here, then make your entry from beginning to end with progress photos in your own thread.

SuzumeStjohn

Sep 10, 2019
Ok, awesome! I just about to pick up some dudes to start a Chaos Cult (refluffed a bit). Could do them as explorers, and the 'Chaos Beast' as the monster. I've had sort of idea for it for a while. This will give me reason to start on it. This will be my first building models on my own. Newish to hobby, and I've just bought completed armies thus far.

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
or a photo gallery. that’s how i started my first comp (#19). but honestly, that was a pain in the butt and a thread seems to work much better. plus you can use the thread for all comps (and anything else you want to post).

Reactions: Ben_S and Aulenback

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
maybe it was because i was attempting a side-by-side comparison with the original still attached? someone else just posted a corpsegrinder cult gang with flagellant heads on these bloated bodies, and they looked ok there too. maybe mine shrank?!?!?

• Haha
Reactions: Fold

Punktaku

Un-Dis-Honored
Honored Tribesman
Apr 4, 2017
Connecticut, USA
F8CA6E93-B981-42A7-A5EA-1B83539AEBC9.jpeg

So... after lamenting about the state of my bits box, i’ve got some work done on my ORB Cawdor spelunking crew. I had big plans for the night but the above is all i managed to accomplish. two head swaps (from the flagellants box) which don’t look as odd as i thought they would, and two weapon swaps that are more “useful” than their original CC weapons. i like the fifth model (gas mask and hood up) too much to bother making alterations

Jan 10, 2019
So, I doubt I'll finish in time (already lost time due to a holiday..), and someone is going to have to confirm that this actually satisfies the brief (and if it doesn't, that's no problem at all!), but...

Maul hauled the rat-faced hive-miner to one side, scattering the thin crowd that had begun to gather in front of the narrow crevice. As he pushed his blunt head into the darkness, Chainlock and Forge took up flanking positions either side of the gap, their sheer bulk blocking their boss from view.

Inside the hole, it took time for Maul's vision to adjust to the low light. As it begun to do so, he cursed the scraggin' tunnel scum that had brought news of this "find". The "cave" was barely worth the name - he could reach from one rocky wall to the wall without even stretching his arms, and it was only six feet deep, blocked by a rock-fall that looked centuries old. Dust motes swirled in the finger of light that reached the cave.

A rictus of rage distorted Maul's face and, impotent, he kicked a loose stone at the tumbled stone of the cave-in. The piled rocks groaned and shifted slightly. Maul moved to leave, but as he turned the pile shifted again, and where the stones had moved he saw a flash of yellow paint. Grunting, he knelt down, started digging, and slowly, his grimace turned into a grin...

Last edited:

Ben_S

Hive Guilder
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
I forget whether I included the link to my plog. Work on my entry begins here:

This is where I'm at for now. These guys are practically finished.

View media item 37783
The plan was to do a few more bits to go with them, to enhance the theme, but at least it looks like I'll have something for both the comp and FYSC.