Yakcomp 27 - Stranger in a Strange Land

Vote for your favourite entries to yakcomp 27!!!

• @Aulenback Legbreaker Kroot

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • @Stoof Slann Auditor

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • @ClockworkOrange Sir Albert!

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • @Kommissar Shriken Voldur One Eye

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • @CaptainDangerous Primarch Dangerous

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • @Lyndon The adventurer

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • @Sethmerlin666 The preacher with the unsayable name

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • @GreyMatter Annebelle and C3

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • @TakUnderhand Broken Fang

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • @Biggle_Bear The triabl kudud

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • @Ben_S One man and his Cat (meow), went to mow a meadow

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmm. While mostly I want to (a) see everyone's inspiring creations, and (b) not fall behind in my "be kind to your painting table 2019" efforts, this really seems tailor-made for a Kroot.... I think I may have to actually work up an entry for this one. I have until the middle of March, you say? I think I may... I think I may....

Edit: The following will NOT be my entry, even though it does still need to be finished. But it WILL remind me as to why the Kroot are easily inspiring and flexible enough for this particular competition:
Dinosaur magpies of the galaxy.

Edit: Heck, it may need to get finished up and placed strategically in the background of my entry....

Last edited:
I was thinking kroot too. There's so many cool kit bashes and conversions, both in the 'tribe and elsewhere on the internet. But I don't think I can do the idea justice.

Reactions: Aulenback
I suspect Primarch Shriken is on the run from the Inquisition! ...at least until he has full command of his legion again!
Where better to hide than the Underhive! You will never find a more wretched hive of scum or villainy!
Infact, with your permission kommisar, I might have just found my subject for the comp - WarmasterDangerous!

The world weary Captain looked at his tormentor, his eyes dead from the many horrors he’d seen whilst tied to the Troll Kings throne. At best his life had been reduced to that of a mere trophy, when once he had travelled the galaxy! The Captain of his own ship.

What now? Earlier this morning he’d been dragged away by two of the Orange haired monsters and tied to this metal pallet. Why was the Evil King back? he had a knife!

Without hesitation the King cut his wasted stomach with the knife, probably not enough to kill him the Captain thought bitterly, but enough for the blood to pool at his feet. He heard a howl from the darkness of the Hive? Was this how it would end? The first zombie approached and was dragged down by two Orange Trolls....the evil King was using him as bait to catch Zombies!!

Last edited:
Initiating gallery for Work In Progress illustration on the female Kroot trophy-taker designate “Legbreaker” to Ork forces. Gallery initiated.

https://yaktribe.games/community/media/albums/yaktribe-comp-stranger-in-a-strange-land.2056/

I am realizing that my bits box has become not depleted, but... focused. Undead? Sure. Chaos? Yup. Kharadron? Some and growing. Eldar? Hmm. Less Eldar these days. Oh, SOME, to be sure, but not much that isn’t older then Mordheim, and little enough at that. Imperial? Imperial? Hmm. Ork? Ah! Ork! Lots of Ork!

Pulling together surprisingly quickly. Legbreaker is framing up more easily even than I expected her to. As a result, I should still be able to make February’s “Paint Your Stuff,” and I think I will model a small handful of her traps, starting with an unlucky Revolushunary. Here is a teaser from the WiP album:

The orks call her “Legbreaker.” The Legion call her “Alpharius,” but then they call everyone Alpharius, don’t they? Her kindred call her “A Knife In The Eye Of Death,” which left the Shas’ui nonplussed when he was introduced. The vessel that carries her from contract to contract is “Three Spears,” though she does not say why.

Last edited:
Question for @Aulenback , what's the physical difference between a male and female kroot? Or is that part of the fluff?