Competition YakComp 35: “The sump of all fears”

YakComp 35: the sump of all fears (pick upto 3)

• @scavvierising "The Clone Lord"

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • @medmos ”Shoot at the...legs?”

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • @lyndon "Did you hear something move?"

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • @CaptainDangerous ”Dangerously Mad Robot”

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • @ClanBuckCANS 'We all began as something else'

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • @trollmeat ”counts-as Chaos Spawn”

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SuboptimusPrime

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 19, 2019
Sectoris XII | Castrum Vindobona | Austria
All credit to SuboptimusPrime! I don’t think he intended it to be part of the opening post, but it was too cool to leave out! (I thought it was a fear and loathing in Las Vegas reference)

As a matter of fact, I did not. But I figured it was included because you liked it, and so you did! Great Success!

And a Fear and Loathing reference is also something I'd do, so it's not far off the mark. "We were somewhere around Triplex Phall, at the edge of the Ultima Segmentum, when the Warp began to break through..."

Last edited:

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
Think I am almost pretty close to being near the painting stage on my Clockwork Chaos Spawn, which is definitely going to be orange ;)

51262-40bb5e8b3c6b899ad9e561e823a47121.jpg
Clockwork Spawn

Really tempted to think about sculpting some little victim faces in between the cogs, but it has taken this long for me to get this thing to this stage, guess we will see what happens.
further progress pics and other half started projects over in my latest plog

Last edited:

ClanBuckCANS

Gang Champion
Dec 30, 2017
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, Canada
Think I am almost pretty close to being near the painting stage on my Clockwork Chaos Spawn, which is definitely going to be orange ;)

View attachment 116989
Clockwork Spawn
Really tempted to think about sculpting some little victim faces in between the cogs, but it has taken this long for me to get this thing to this stage, guess we will see what happens.
further progress pics and other half started projects over in my latest plog
I likiey.

Reactions: trollmeat

Scavvierising

Undisputed Doom Spooner
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
After letting most of the time slip past without making a start (as is tradition).

I've finally found my box of bits I stashed at the beginning of the year with parts for a pair of inquisitor's. Bit of work done on them, chopping up checking things fit and a few pins shoved in. Pics below to show what has been done before. They're mostly unassembled so I hope they squeeze into the acceptable side what I can use for the comp.

Not got a head for the second one yet. Maybe a Goliath head or possibly knight errant with a monk hair cut. I think I need to have the rest of him assembled before I can make the decision.

Was rinsing off a tentacle for the abomination after stripping it. Remember to put the plug if you don't want to watch it your hard earned money being flushed down the drain. Luckily it was off the old CSM mutation sprue so found another one that is lying in spool of chemicals as we speak.

Scavvierising

Undisputed Doom Spooner
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London

Ben_S

Hive Lord
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Jul 26, 2015
Southampton, UK
Last edited:

Scavvierising

Undisputed Doom Spooner
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
Incubation chamber for the nasty to have emerged from. Also a grid pattern thing to stick on the floor. 4 of them together on a bit of plasti-card and you have yourself a zone mortalis tile.

Still need to remember what box/draw other safe place I put Fabius Bile's Ch?? Back thing and needler. I rounded them up when I decided to build this thing and put them somewhere I would know where they are but as normal I have completely forgot where.
The plan is to use Obsidious Mallex from BSF as the base for him.

trollmeat

Hive Guilder
Yak Comp 2nd Place
Nov 5, 2014
full.jpg

Scavvierising

Undisputed Doom Spooner
Yak Comp 3rd Place
Honored Tribesman
Aug 3, 2016
London
Inquisitor...get the torpedoes...the cyclonic torpedoes...
"Ask and you shall receive humble servant of the omnissiah. One exterminatus inbound.
Oh and if you could just do me a favour and look at this bit of tech for me".
FLASH
"You have just seen the maiden flight of an experimental weather balloon nothing more. You shall return to your duties and speak no more of this".

Bit more green stuff needed to make the elbows and back pack work but basically there.
Might also completely change the position on the hammer arm now I look at this in the fresh light of today.

SuboptimusPrime

Gang Hero
Yak Comp 1st Place
Jan 19, 2019
Sectoris XII | Castrum Vindobona | Austria
"Ask and you shall receive humble servant of the omnissiah. One exterminatus inbound.
Oh and if you could just do me a favour and look at this bit of tech for me".
FLASH
"You have just seen the maiden flight of an experimental weather balloon nothing more. You shall return to your duties and speak no more of this".

Oh please, that doesn't work on me. But if you insist, I can offer to do this:

Now where were we...no really, cause I forgot somehow.